map based off of GTA3

leadphalanx

Reaction score
I got very bored a few days ago, and while playing gta 3, I thought it would be cool to make part of portland into a hl2 map.......so this is what I have so far, I have alot more to do.

oh and no, I am not making hte whole island, just that area. (harwood and part of st. marks if you've played gta3)

anyways, tell me what you think.

newmap6.JPG

libertycity_beta20000.jpg

libertycity_beta20002.jpg

libertycity_beta20003.jpg

libertycity_beta20007.jpg

libertycity_beta20005.jpg

libertycity_beta20006.jpg

Yeah I recognize the area too :D

Heh. Nice. Now if only you had a working sports car to drive around and shoot out of.

lol, nice job, good representation, just add a little more detail with textures, etc, and add some good lighting and it will be great

Man I definately remember that. It's a very good likeness!

Keep it up and release, and then get to work on another part :D

Ah yes i remember this place. Theres an 8 ball to the left i think, and a fire station on the right side if i remeber correctly. It's looking really good so far, shaping up nicely.

Looks very good, but maybe once you've finished the replica you could add some Source detail ;)

P.S. The owner of that sportscar is gonna struggle for 4 inches clearance on that incline :D

Just a thought, but if you worked on one small area and used the rest of portland in a 3d skybox you could have a decent DM level.

Hmmmm.. good start... But VIS is gonna give you troubles if you do it too big..

That is very cool and well-done. Now where's 8-Ball's place? :p

Looks just like it. Looks strange though with little AF :p

Just a thought... for better performance (if you are going to test play it or so), make sure to taxture the roofs with NODRAW since they arent going to be seen anyways.

actually.....most of them will be seen, most of the roofs will be accecable.

Unarmed said:
Just a thought... for better performance (if you are going to test play it or so), make sure to taxture the roofs with NODRAW since they arent going to be seen anyways.

besides, the performance gain would be little...

Geronimous said:
besides, the performance gain would be little...

I mapped before source came along. That has given me the habit of treasuring every polygon.

But if the rooftops are accessable then they should ofcourse not be textured in nodraw for obvious reasons.

Back