map compile error...

Dodo

Tank
Reaction score
when i compile any map and i want to test it in hl2 it says that it cant find the launcher .dll :frown:
i dont know what to do.

-dodo

Edit: Failed to load the launcher DLL

Try unistalling SDK by going to Play games in steam, right click SDK goto properties. Click delete local game content. Then re-download it through steam and it should get all the files again, thus fixing your problem. :p Good Luck

Uhh he said launcher.dll not gameinfo.txt, does launcher.dll get rebuild/replaced when the game runs?

Launcher.dll is a relatively new error that shows up when a game isn't updated. Very similar to gameinfo.txt errors.

well.. i deleted and re-downloaded the game conctent... :| raeven0, ill check my updates.

Its hardly neccessary to delete the game content anymore.

Sometimes this occurs when you haven't updated, restarted, or connected to Steam recently. (Recently is a fairly relative term, which can be from minutes to days.) Try right-clicking the Steam icon in your system tray and shutting it down, restart it and make certain you are connected to the internet so that it can update/check your account status, then try running your map.

Back