Map idea for HL2DM, can anyone do this?

bam23

Reaction score
I remember this one CS map that was just a huge field with weapons here and there. Doesn't sound fun right? But get this, 10 explosions go off at random places on the map at regular intervals. So, we would just have knife rounds and it was quite funny to watch your teammates charge onto the field to meet the opposing team, and die by a random explosion, somewhat like the last battle scene in The Last Samurai.

I really want to learn mapping to make this myself, but it seems like a lot to learn, so... would anyone like to oblige? We'll talk it over some more so I can be more descriptive of how the map looked.

Topic name says HL2DM, but it works just as good, if not better, for CS:S.

ive made hl2 singleplayer maps, seems like a cool idea, i guess i could give a try at making it.will have to look up how to make the random explosions tho, but should be no prob.

Thanks a lot, ask me if you need anymore of the map explained

my guess would be that the explosions arent actually random. rather, there are a bunch of explosion entities all over the map, with 10 firing at regular intervals. it would help tho to have a randomizing factor determining what entities to fire.

Yep, that's how it went.

I put a quick picture of how the CS version of the map I played looked. The doors are one of those doors that opened automatically as you stepped in front of it, both teams spawn inside of a room littered with guns, but, I would prefer we leave the guns out since this is already starting to sound like a great knife map. On the field is where the explosions would take place, right outside the spawns. That's all there is to it I think.

ok sounds pretty cool, I will try to make a hl2 mp map of it, will post some pics of it after some progress on it.

its basicly done, was just waiting for a reply from bam23. If people like it i can release it.
also i need to figure out how for people just to spawn with knives. or would pistol and knives be good?

If yall didnt know this already you can make random explosions with a logic_timer and set use random time to yes then link the explosions to the timer. Ill work on makin a verson of this map myself also...

TCfromBN said:
If yall didnt know this already you can make random explosions with a logic_timer and set use random time to yes then link the explosions to the timer. Ill work on makin a verson of this map myself also...

yeah i knew this, but thanks anyways

*forsees someone buying an autosniper and noobing everyone*

Ennui said:
*forsees someone buying an autosniper and noobing everyone*
hmm should i make it with just pistol and knives or should i put a buy zone?

I just finished mine.. its kinda simple but it has lots of random explosions 2 rooms on either side with doors and a buy zone in the middle but be careful. ill leave my comp upwith the map because im about to leave. Its called deathtrap the host name will be TCfromBN. this is on cs:s.

gokumike said:
hmm should i make it with just pistol and knives or should i put a buy zone?

We should try to make the explosions play a huge part of the map, so... Just knives only sounds reasonable?

Back