map preview e3_traptown

dreten707

Reaction score
hello well the map is getting better and better i think
i am not able to make the map 100% like the e3 video because some textures aren't in the textures folder and some models to but i think its gonna give a slightly the same expierence like that video
and i got the ai working like from the e3 videos what i mean is they are verry verry agressive and open doors just to come and shoot the hell out of you its so nice and full of action i also made the map a lot brighter and some details from the video but im still with some graphical bugs in game like the rainbow like colored textures in the small building maybe some1 can tell me how to fix it?

a little info on the attached screenshots:
number 0027 is the normal ai : they just stand around and after 30 min it could happend that they opened the door :frown:

number 0031 is the advanced ai : first you need to shoot then they start looking around and if they see you they'll rush to the upper platform to get you asap

number 0032 is just that they found you and comming to the upper platform

number 0033 you see the combine comming (like from the videos) the next step that they're doing is strafe walking/running the building then look trough the windows (like the video) then rush through the door to get you

number 0035 and finaly you see the combine busting through the door :D

i hope you guys are happy with the progress cause i am :D

*edit : after i finished the part with the small room and the outdoor looks i'll give the bsp which is gonna be verry soon

Attachments

• e3_traptown0027.jpg
    e3_traptown0027.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 207
  • e3_traptown0031.jpg
    e3_traptown0031.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 201
  • e3_traptown0032.jpg
    e3_traptown0032.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 188
  • e3_traptown0033.jpg
    e3_traptown0033.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 189
  • e3_traptown0035.jpg
    e3_traptown0035.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 182
i thought maybe this could be intresting to see
and pls post some replies so i know what i can add or what you think could've done better

Attachments

• traptownscrn.JPG
    traptownscrn.JPG
    19.4 KB · Views: 164
  • traptownscrn1.JPG
    traptownscrn1.JPG
    20.8 KB · Views: 170
  • traptownscrn4.JPG
    traptownscrn4.JPG
    20.2 KB · Views: 158
  • traptownscrn3.JPG
    traptownscrn3.JPG
    19 KB · Views: 141
  • traptownscrn5.JPG
    traptownscrn5.JPG
    15.6 KB · Views: 149
what happens when you block doors
will they shoot the obstruction, use nades, push or just mill around like in hl2

Hmm.. textures seem a bit rough/ugly... Also it could do with something in the sky?
I think the lighting is the main problem.

to john: if i block the door with a table they just open it not like in e3 like *knock**knock* blast but just blast open thats it they do everything just to get you they are so agressive its like they are corrupt combines or somethin

to pomegranate: yea i know the textures suck and lighting maybe some1 can help me on make that better but its not an easy map thats somethin i can tell

but the gameplay feels good thats somethin i have to admit

why did you test youre map in gm ? and the blood decals are very very very ugly on the outside.
but its cool that youre trying to make that map, i loved that hl2 movie were they kick in the door. are you also going to do the container bit with the grenade on the roof ?

-dodo

i'll do anything that was on the video
with some own fantasy of the parts you couldnt see in the e3

well i tested the map in gm because first my map didnt had have ai now it doesnt so i can test now in hl2 if i want

it could be because the computer im working on doesnt have such a great graphics card (i'm with my mom now) because my dad has a lot better graphics card then i do
but i'm getting a new computer in the end of september with the geforce 7800 gpu
with some time the map will look good well its getting better and better now ill just make the layout and save the details for later

NEED more lights/brighter/some blue lights. Also for street lights, use point_spot. Perhaps even dust motes for streetlights. And as mentioned different skybox, other then that the geometry looks good. But what is up with that blue floor?

Back