Mapper searching for mod

C

combat_wombat

Hey, combat_wombat here. Before I start I want you [the reader] to know that I understand that mappers are certainly not in short supply these days. My point is well established hl2 mod teams aren't generally in need of mappers, so I am searching for a more 'proffesional' new mod team. As for the type of mod, I am a bit picky [sorry]. I'm interested in a mod that is really dedicated and plans to follow through until release. I am not interested in: cs clones, ww2 mods, paintball mods, and mech warfare mods. However, I am interested in many other genres such as: MP, SP, Co-Op or otherwise: zombie survival, modern warfare, coop anything =D, science fiction warfare, halflife-esque mods, RPGs (limited), and many other things I cannot think of. I am very flexible and have a lot of mapping experience (about 2-3 years). I can make detailed single player and multiplayer maps. I also have some experience with Concept Art and Flash MX.
Here are a few examples of my work (MUCH appology from me for my lack of in-game shots, but as some may have experienced before, I am having a lot of trouble with creating listen servers in steam):
[Images on following post]

You can contact me via AIM: awesomeskakid or
EMAIL: rabidnation43i @ yahoo.com

Fy_snowfield for condition zero / counterstrike
fy_snowfield0002.jpg

de_plateau for counterstrike
plateau0000.jpg

Work in Progress Halflife Deathmatch map (hammer screen)
hldm.jpg

City lane sven coop map (hammer screen)
city_lane.jpg

Last Patrol for DOD (hammer screen)
dod_lastpatrol.jpg

[Edit]image tags didnt work, can anyone help me out here?[Edit]

I'm very interested in you.

:)

Do you happen to use MSN? If not, comradebadger[at]oes-mod.org

MBP would like to offer you a position.

http://www.mind-body-power.net

MBP, in terms of mapping, is going to focus on one general style of map with different sceneries. Basically, the world has been recreated by someone who learned magic, so there should be plenty of room for personal creativity (more info on the storyline can be found in our fiction section). Maps will be very big and cover a variety of landscapes. There will be 3 villages in each map, so the village locations should be placed for maximum balance between the three teams.

Our current mapper had been with us for the past year, but has recently gone on tour with his band, so it's hard to tell if he'll be here when we need him (when hl2 comes out). Either way, 2 mappers are better than 1 :)

I suppose our mod fits the "RPG" mold if you look at it from only the character creation design, but I would consider it a mix of many different genres (which ultimately comes down to an FPS). Feel free to browse our site or email me at [email protected] for more information. :)

Thanks for the fast replies. I'm glad to see there's people who'd like to put my skills to good use (even though all I showed were some un-compiled maps). Once I manage to get the gigabyte of garbage I call steam working, I'll post the compiled versions of most of the maps i've shown as none of you have seen the wonders I can accomplish with lighting entities. So far I have replied to Comrade and Pendragon, and I'm hoping to soon come in contact with Rad (the cartoon style you used for the media section is pretty cool, anime I beleive its called?/)

Anyways if there are any more mods who would like to express interest, post, email, or msg me on AIM. I don't plan on commiting until I find the situation just right ;)

I'm sorry, but those shots don't give me a great impression of what you might be capable of...

the last shot is ok,, shows you understand the HL triangle technique,,

don't use steam listen servers to test maps,, just place a info_playerstart entity in the map and test it in HL single player... never convert to a mod until you have some solid foundation...

If you are looking for a professional team, how come your maps aren't anything special? (I've seen it all 1000 times before)
If you want to join a skilled and really creative team, be creative yourself!

A tips for you, be creative (custom content), learn new stuff (atleast like to make simple map models, textures etc.) and then do something that make me go "WOW"..
Also texture scaling in HL is a bad idea ;)

I'm sorry to say, if I would have been looking for a new mapper, you wouldn't have been my first choice.

But keep practicing, since then you'll probably get better ;)

:cheers:
I'm a really harsh guy when it comes to mapping.

Thanks for the advice everyone, I know I need some work..
I'll compile some of the *new* stuff I've been working on, but my models are pretty miserable seeing as I'm still learning that.

I'll find something to show you guys soon enough.

I forgot one thing, lightning makes people go wow ;)

If he does mean lighting, then I know what he means.. once I recompile I'll get in game screens. Kinda embarrasing right now :eek:

Combat Wombat

Black Dragon is definitely looking for mappers. Though we may have gotten a bit of a bad reputation lately, we are definitely a dedicated team that is going to make sure that we release the best possible mod.

Check us out:

www.blackdragonmod.com

Oh btw I posted some info about my mod under "We need Mappers". So if your interested PM me about it.

Not sure if you've sent me an email or what when you tried contacting me, but my apartment's internet has been down for the past few days, so I've only been able to check the forums at my girlfriend's house. =P If you would like to discuss the possibility of joining our team, send me a private message here or on the mbp forums. Sorry for the delayed response, and hope to hear from you soon!

-Rad

Back