Mario 3 beaten in 11 minutes

Dan

Tank
Reaction score
I dunno if this has been posted before, but it's something I just found. Mario 3 beaten from start to end in 11 minutes. Every move is flawless. The final bowser goes down in about 2 seconds.
link
Mario 3 beaten in 11 minutes

Someone said that was cheated.

I'm not sure though...

Sprafa said:
Someone said that was cheated.

I'm not sure though...

Yeah I heard that too, I heard they increased the speed of the vid :|

Anyways, this thing is acient

I heard that video was made from several videos which were spliced together.

Yah, Morimoto fakes his videos.. But damn good jumping on those cannonballs anyhow.

i think this was posted before, its pretty neat thou...i didnt know he faked it. hmm

Pauly, you really need to change your avatar, man...

Well...don't really know. But that cannon part made me feel really sick. I hate those 50/50 games, where if you die, then you're dead and that's it...

actually that video is faked. he spent 2 years working on it. apparently he spliced together frame after frame so that every move became perfect. so worry not. none of that took any real skill :) (except for the whole finding the quickest paths to get to bowser in fewer levels. ehhh)

All your responses prove that his video is faked is only a rumor. No one would spend 2 years crafting a video such as that..

Do you have a statement from the person that made the video that it's fake? I'd be more willing to believe he cheated in one way or another, but it seems pretty unlikely.

That just makes me sick.
But that reminds me, when I played that game, there was a bug that made it unable to beat the game. I killed Bowser, but couldn't walk through the door.

THE AGONY!!!!

Shuzer said:
All your responses prove that his video is faked is only a rumor. No one would spend 2 years crafting a video such as that..

Do you have a statement from the person that made the video that it's fake? I'd be more willing to believe he cheated in one way or another, but it seems pretty unlikely.
2 years? I bet he could do that in a few days, max.

not28 said:
2 years? I bet he could do that in a few days, max.

Right, people keep giving more reasons why this video is fake, and his methods of faking it. Which leads me to believe it's just a stupid rumor, and it's real

So the more people say it, the more it becomes a rumor?
I guess you're right. I mean, just look at Iraq and the weapons of mass destruction...

not28 said:
So the more people say it, the more it becomes a rumor?
I guess you're right. I mean, just look at Iraq and the weapons of mass destruction...

Moreso the fact that one said "he created it frame by frame," another said "he spliced the video feeds together, so he didn't complete each level in one sit through," another said "a computer did it for him," then I've also heard he was using an invulnerability cheat from others

It's the "actually, I heard..." process that makes me believe it's a rumor.

Oh, okay. Now I see what you're saying.
Doesn't change my opinion, though.

Your logic makes sense Shuzer but if you go to his site (which I can't seem to locate right now) and translate it from Japanese he says he faked it. He did splice the different moves together to make it look like one continous motion and it did take him two years. As far as it not taking skill I disagree because he DID do all of those moves, just not in one straight run. Still talent in my opinion.

ZoomaCLW said:
That just makes me sick.
But that reminds me, when I played that game, there was a bug that made it unable to beat the game. I killed Bowser, but couldn't walk through the door.
lol.
It's interesting that I remember that happening to me. Although I was using a Game Genie at the time (way back when). I also remember making up new codes in smb3 with my brothers, getting quite a few buggy things :) but one I remember was that when you jumped you wouldn't fall back down.

Anyways.. I saw those before, and my impression was (I'm disregarding other posts about speculation/"fact") that there was use of saving states of the game, and under that theory though, he would eventually have become skilled at doing a level over and over and over. (btw, I like run-ons)

But I'm willing to by the frame by frame.. to a certain degree :x

Shuzer said:

you bet i do:

http://www.sohh.com/forums/showthread.php?t=410941

sorry... he did it frame-by-frame at 1/30th of the speed... about 1 FPS.

Someone should do it in realtime then... it's possible. With a little practice I did the first level exactly as he did. You just have to look carefully how he do it and practice, practice and practice :)

Back