Max Payne 2

did you see the five gameplay movies?

i did, and i dunno, the game just doesnt do it for me...somethin is missing..it seems like the same engine with small additions, nowhere near HL2 caliber in my opinion.

Agreed, but it'll be a good way to waste time, won't it?

Originally posted by Frank
Agreed, but it'll be a good way to waste time, won't it?

sure, but theres no multiplayer....halo is a better alternative for me.

Re: Re: Max Payne 2

Originally posted by Xtasy0
did you see the five gameplay movies?

i did, and i dunno, the game just doesnt do it for me...somethin is missing..
Same. I want to like it (there has to be SOME good game coming out about now if HL2's delayed) and the last one was fun but after seeing the gameplay videos, I'ma need some more convincing.

look at the screenshots , they look awsome , look at the textures. It looks like it has bump mapping , I cant wait. The videos were very low rez and quality , wait till you play the game , not too long from now 2 weeks or so.

Sure it's PRETTY. No question.
But I'm just not so sure how great it'll be. The videos didn't quite cut it for me. I just thought:
"Pretty. But quite familiar."
Except for the duck-swoosh-round thing he did. But that'll get old very quickly. Plus, the ragdoll was over-done and Max was too fast. I dunno - I was being picky, but I'm going to wait and see on this one. And whilst I'd LIKE to give Halo a whirl, I don't think my PC'd handle it too great. Booo.

Dammit! I was the FIRST ONE with a Spongebob avatar and now they're ALL doing it... Pah!

Well, I don't think MP2 will be quite of the same caliber as HL2. I thoroughly enjoyed the first one though, so I'm hoping this will be good as well.

So, um, shouldn't there be like a gold announcement any day now? I mean it couldn't possibly be DELAYED, now could it :D

*runs away*

I can't wait until there's a mod for that for Half Life 2...that way, I don't have to buy it... heh... Max Payne 2 on the Source Engine...

I watched the videos,a nd only problem i could see was it seemed that the enemies looked like they are going to "jump" in the air no matter what you shoot them with...

I mean i think it's over did a bit, it looks like they're getting hit by a semi, espically that one guy that almost hits the freaking ceiling.

One thing the guys at Remedy have always been good at is high resolution textures. They're not bump-maps, just highly detailed textures. But the game looks too much like the 1st with a few new things. I'll pass on buying it

Looks awesome, but I saw the gameplay video and the graphics didnt look as great as the screenshots? WTF? I'm still excited though, whens it comming out?

Back