Max Payne Movie

gragh! german! Or...whatever language it's in. Um, anyone care to translate it?

20th Century Fox the bought teh rights and want to begin producing ot soon

Coming to Cinemas near you. PONG! the movie.

Featuring stars such as;

Paddle 1
Paddle 2
The Ball
Those White Lines that divide the screen and,
The Score

Hopefully they've been inspired by Sin City and use voice overs and make it comic-book like.

If not... it will suck hairy balls.

If they time this right, it could coincide with Max Payne 3. Should be interesting. :)

yeah hopefully something along the lines of Sin City (but thats prob why the idea came about)...

After leaving Sin City I said "If Max Payne were a movie, that would be the style". Looks like you WILL see something like Sin City again then...I was clearly wrong.

Am I the only one who thinks that Max Payne character is too boring for its own movie?

It's the stereotypical gun-totin action hero with a vendetta. It's been done.

All video games have the same style to them, bad jokes, lots of explosions, and cleavage. I have no idea how you can **** this game up, the story is there, the cool voice and action is there.

BRING ON THE PAYNE

No, seriously. Am I the only one thinks that this movie will be coming out a few years too late?

this was supposed to come out soon after the first game, wtf happened? well, better late than never if they can make a decent film out of it, which probably won't happen, unless they pull a batman begins with it (doubtful)

Icarusintel said:
this was supposed to come out soon after the first game, wtf happened? well, better late than never if they can make a decent film out of it, which probably won't happen, unless they pull a batman begins with it (doubtful)
You heard wrong I think. They said they were considering making a movie soon after the first game came out.

Movies take a while to make, from square one. When was Max Payne released... 2001? Relax.

Absinthe said:
Am I the only one thinks that this movie will be coming out a few years too late?
Agreed.

And the general public who saw this but didn't play the game (or read comic books) would see this movie and say "I liked this better the first time when it was called The Punisher."

Actually I hope no one says that.

But seriously, Max Payne was created as a conglomeration of stereotypical film noir banter and every hard-boiled, good-guy-turned-bad action movie character ever. The resulting movie's plot would be hackneyed at best, but honestly I'd still pay to see it. So sue me; I'm a hypocrite. :)

If anyone but Sam Lake plays Max Payne, it will suck, fo sho'

I dunno, I think the "Max Payne" name could stand on it's own as a movie franchise even if the game was never invented. It has a cool sound, and if they advertise it stylishly with the red/black/white colour scheme they'd make people want to see it.

Too bad people are bored of "bullet time" nowadays, I doubt they can sell it on that effect alone. They'd have to bring something new to the effect that people haven't seen before, like in that Jet Li movie (The One) where he could actually move faster than the bad guys. That was a crap movie, but nevermind.

The Hollywood Reporter revealed today that producer Scott Faye of Collision Entertainment has teamed up with Firm Films head Julie Yorn to turn "Max Payne” into a feature film for 20th Century Fox. The hot property was optioned from game producer 3D Realms for both theatrical and television adaptation in 2001 and Dimension Films was supposed to bring the property to the silver screen.

Originally developed for the PC by Remedy Entertainment and produced by 3D Realms, Max Payne debuted in PC format in July, 2001 with an impressive preorder of more than 420,000 units worldwide. The game, which sold out instantly at stores, was released in fall of 2002 on Xbox and PlayStation 2. Max Payne 2:The Fall of Max Payne, a sequel to the original Max Payne, was released in 2003 for the PC, Xbox and PS2.

The companies has not yet decided who will perform the lead role but Yorn said that Fox envisions Max Payne as a big event film

"I think this is a real actor's part because although the story will have action and intrigue, at its core it's a story about a man who loses everything in life that's dear to him," Faye said.
TeamXbox.com

mickeyrourke_maxpayne.jpg

Can you think of an actor that looks more similar to Max Payne than Mickey Rourke? The Companies are still looking for the actor that will play the lead role. I made my bet.

chu said:
Am I the only one who thinks that Max Payne character is too boring for its own movie?

Did you play MP2? It totally fleshed him out even more. And as Max said in MP1, "I was playing it Bogart." He was like a combination of all of Humphrey Bogart's personas. Truthfully, I'd rather see a MP2 movie than a MP1 movie.

Bah. Too bad they can't use the MP2 graphic comic actors. They don't have the same voice.

I'd rather watch the graphic novel from beginning to end in each game. The MP1 graphic novel took an hour from beginning to end. Better than a movie.

chu said:

Agreed. Max Payne was just an homage (dumbed down even) to the noir/action style just like GTA to gangster movies, Warcraft to the LOTR, and Tomb Raider to Indiana Jones adventures. There is no point in making the movie besides money and a lack of creativity.

Styloid said:
Agreed. Max Payne was just an homage (dumbed down even) to the noir/action style just like GTA to gangster movies, Warcraft to the LOTR, and Tomb Raider to Indiana Jones adventures. There is no point in making the movie besides money and a lack of creativity.
Except if people actually LIKE the genre in question. I like noir. I liked Max Payne. I will see and enjoy this movie.

Good actors that might be able to pull off maxpayne

John Cusack

Christian Bale

Guy Pearce

And the one i think that would pull it off really good

Jake Weber, he was amazing in dawn of the dead. Could portray a tormented depressed cop extremly well:D

PEACE

Mike

Jack Weber played Michael right?

I agree with your list though. They may not look like Max Payne, but they could definetly pull off a tormented depressed cop.

Sober said:
Bah. Too bad they can't use the MP2 graphic comic actors. They don't have the same voice.

Dubbing!

It works for martial arts, It can work for bullet-time.

thnxs deusex, i just remembered him and was like... wholy shit he could pull it off
:cheers:

PEACE!

Mike

Back