maximum map size in EVERY dimension

Originally posted by Wilco
CS wont profit from vehicles?

Swat teams with Assault vehicles, Terrors having to get a convoy of trucks to a safe haven. Plenty of options.

Even though I think vehicles in CS would be fun, I'm afraid it would end up in a smacktard festival just like on Siege in the old days.

its not like CS is gonna HAVE to make a map that big, its just gives them more room to work with.

Question: is it 16384 units in every direction in HL2 or is it 16384 units EXTRA (to the original HL map size)? 16384 *2 is 32768 and that's 81920 cm and that's 819 meters and that's almost a kilometer and a kilometer dont take like minutes to drive with a car, more like 1 minute max. I'm confused!

Originally posted by DaLys
Question: is it 16384 units in every direction in HL2 or is it 16384 units EXTRA (to the original HL map size)? 16384 *2 is 32768 and that's 81920 cm and that's 819 meters and that's almost a kilometer and a kilometer dont take like minutes to drive with a car, more like 1 minute max. I'm confused!
Its 16k in each direction I believ (HL was 4k). Think it is 0.72km on each side and 1.2km across. The car is assumed to drive rather slow... At any rate, I still dont think vehicles will be a main attraction for HL2 and its mods, there's much better engines for vehicles. But you could scale it ALOT, and physics apparently scale automaticly, so it should be rather easy to make a level 10 times bigger :)

Originally posted by dawdler
Its 16k in each direction I believ (HL was 4k). Think it is 0.72km on each side and 1.2km across. The car is assumed to drive rather slow... At any rate, I still dont think vehicles will be a main attraction for HL2 and its mods, there's much better engines for vehicles. But you could scale it ALOT, and physics apparently scale automaticly, so it should be rather easy to make a level 10 times bigger :)

Okay. Thank you. :)

Originally posted by schaf
Me wants to see an helicopter in CS :D

That will be pretty easy to do, because gabe said something about that you can do your vehicles flying very easy.

Back