Maximum PC Release Date?

wbcheater

Reaction score
I just received my issue of maximum pc and it said half-life 2 is releasing nov. 2004.

True?

anyone else get the magazine?

most magazines sell by random speculation, I wouldn't trust it as far as I could throw gabe.

The one and only thing that makes me stop and think about this sort of thing for even a second is that it's november instead of september. You'd think that if they were just going to make up a date, they'd pick Sept. 30, seeing it's newsworthy value. But who knows how these dates get made up. They have no bearing on reality unless the come straight from Valve, and even then they can be uncertain as we well know...

well as much as i have respect for maximum pc i cant see you ever throwing gabe...

i emailed gabe about it...

wbcheater said:
i emailed gabe about it...

Why? You know exactly what he's going to say, or not say at all.
If it was official it would have been all over every half life site imaginable.

Yeah, My Max PC says that too...but remember how hyped about it they got over the last year's summer? I have the issue where they go over every detail and stack up the system specs ;)

IMO the latest they will release the game is september 30th, one year after it was first supposed to come out. Didn't they do that with HL1 too?

Dates as 4/11/2004

Amazon 6/1/2004
Compusa 6/1/2004
EBGames: 6/30/2004
Walmart 7/2/2004
BestBuy 8/26/2004
Gamestop 9/1/2004

Dates as of 4/17/2004

Amazon 12/31/1969
Compusa 6/30/2004
EBGames 8/02/2004
Walmart 7/2/2004
BestBuy 8/26/2004
Gamestop 9/1/2004

We see a little bit has changed (with my most common game retailers). Amazon's date must have been reset or nullled or something. Compusa kicked their estimated date back 30 days. No big deal. EBgames went from end of June till beginning of August. That's not very promising. Walmart, BestBuy, and Gamestop have not had any updates in the last week.

I'd say probably, at this moment, a release around August or September is probably the best guess. We'll find out better info at E3.

And for those of you who say retailer release dates don't mean shit, they're better than us just going by what valve gives us. Last thing valve said was "Summer Release", and before that "Holiday Release" and before that "Sept. 30th".

When the Inventory director for EBGames calls Vivendi, requesting preorders for 500,000 copies, I can guarantee you he's not told "when it's done". That person is given an estimate. And I bet that estimate gets updated more frequently than what valve tells us.

lol, 43 years in develepment...wait...isnt that DNF......

Yeah, Amazon's database must be getting games confused.

Or a goverment conspiricy?....who knows..

Amazan: Used UFO for sale.

Amazan: Well known retailers of classified alien technology.

Back