Maxthon vs. Firefox

Maxthon vs. Firefox

• Firefox

Votes: 59 92.2%
  • Maxthon

Votes: 5 7.8%

• Total voters
gh0st said:
Internet Explorer owns your weasly fox. Seriously, theres no reason not to use IE. I've never had spyware, I've never had viruses, my computer is tight as a drum. FireRodent is for people who cant secure their computers themselves so need a gimmicky browser that offers 'protection' (which I already have, time tested protection) at the price of compatibility. No thanks.

Good for you, keeping your PC secure and all, but actually, people don't use Firefox just for security. Firefox (or FireRodent as you call it) also handles web pages properly, whereas to design a site/page for IE, you quite often have to use 'workarounds' because it has all sorts of display issues. I don't fully understand everything at the mo (I am learning web design), but I know this - Firefox is a proper Internet Browser.

So, to put in the politest possible way - Firefox owns IE :cool:. Just listen to everyone here!

In the meantime get FireRodent. ............... I mean Firefox

The Terminator is my friend who I was refering to in my previous post, he is now a huge noob :D

Ive got your back terminator, Maxthon kicks my ass.

Actually it is free, but you get a banner on the top right. It's not a bad thing at all. Mine just stood at 1 banner and that had Opera on it.

Though...you can always umm get it off...

Penfold_ said:
Good for you, keeping your PC secure and all, but actually, people don't use Firefox just for security. Firefox (or FireRodent as you call it) also handles web pages properly, whereas to design a site/page for IE, you quite often have to use 'workarounds' because it has all sorts of display issues. I don't fully understand everything at the mo (I am learning web design), but I know this - Firefox is a proper Internet Browser.

So, to put in the politest possible way - Firefox owns IE :cool:. Just listen to everyone here!

In the meantime get FireRodent. ............... I mean Firefox

I think you have it backwards, it is Firefox that has problems displaying a lot of websites correctly, the main problems i have come across are the flash adverts covering text and hyperlinks, the page displays fine in Internet Explorer. If a page doesn't work in Internet Explorer, it's because the coder did something wrong.

Razor said:
I think you have it backwards, it is Firefox that has problems displaying a lot of websites correctly, the main problems i have come across are the flash adverts covering text and hyperlinks, the page displays fine in Internet Explorer. If a page doesn't work in Internet Explorer, it's because the coder did something wrong.
He is talking about when the designers of the site are creating the site, what code to use. They choose not to use the standard but EI specific, hence Firefox and other browsers not displaying those sites correctly. The root of the problem is on microsofts side though.

staticprimer said:
Is there no one here that uses Opera? Opera > all!
I was an Opera addict, but I switched to Firefox to see if it was better and I'm hooked now.

Ennui said:
I was an Opera addict, but I switched to Firefox to see if it was better and I'm hooked now.

Thats funny cause I was a Firefox addict, but some websites started bouncing so I tried out opera, and I love it.

Asus said:
He is talking about when the designers of the site are creating the site, what code to use. They choose not to use the standard but EI specific, hence Firefox and other browsers not displaying those sites correctly. The root of the problem is on microsofts side though.

Yeah, you've got the gist of it. Problems occur with displaying pages in Firefox because designers have to use all sorts of workarounds that shouldn't be necessary. This, you could say 'confuses' other 'proper' browsers, making them look rubbish, where in actual fact, it is all Microsoft/IE's fault (typical :upstare: )

If everybody used Firefox, a web designer's life would become a lot easier, and there would be a lot less display/compatability problems with the web.

When creating a web site, you must always check pages in browsers before you upload them anywhere - the amount of problems that IE manages to create compared to FF is truly amazing!

btw, I use the web a lot (with Firefox), and haven't had any real problems yet. If you do have display problems with Firefox, it is most likely that the web designer didn't check their site in Firefox, but instead just made it for IE :frown: - which means they are not a good web designer.

I design websites with php and javascript and I always check my sites in:
----
Firefox
Opera
IE
----
I have Opera and Firefox on my computer :). I almost always use Firefox but Opera is a great browser to.

Yeah IE also uses diffrent things for borders that other browsers don't. Like Bordercolor=000000, it would show up as white in Opera and Firefox.
This was a huge blow for me because at the time I used Opera, and I didn't know that bordercolor was an IE thing, so...heh got me confused for like a week straight.

nah, FireFox is the way you meant to surf the web ........

MaxThon ? wtf

Well I haven't used firefox before and I use Maxthon, so naturally I vote for Maxthon. However ive heard all sorts about IE is going to be better then Firefox soon and since Maxthon is based on IE, Maxthon will be pretty much the best browser around after that. The layout is the same as IE so makes it easier to get used to. But maybe oneday when I can be bothered ill see what firefox is like. Most people here voted since they don't know what maxthon is like :p and I voted since I haven't used firefox. The poll doesn't really show anything

If IE gets big engine changes then they will have to rewrite alot to work with IE.

If IE Pushes more features and becomes overall better than Firefox then that will also screw Maxthon's features because IE7 will probably already have them.

IE7 wont be here for a while. There is no proof on which is going to be better AT ALL.

Firefox is growing very fast and IE is loosing more and more people every day.

What Maxthon adds to IE won't change which browser most Firefox users use because it just adds all the great extra features (which firefox has) but does not change the core (IE). Maxthon could be just as good or even better than Firefox in that respect. But that isn't the reason ppl use firefox. Maxthon may swing with a big hit, but it's a miss for firefox users and only Microsoft can change that.

meh, avant browser had tabbed windows and ad blocker long before firefox..

Back