Maybe DNF Ain't Quite Dead Yet...

lans said:
How can it be TF2?..what does that have in common with Duke Nukem project manhatten?

Nothing, but maybe he just accidentally picked the manhatten project. Most likely not, but I would still like it to be TF2.
But this would be a nice period to reveal TF2, it's supposed to come out not too long after HL2. A man can dream can't he? ;)

mchammer75040 said:
lmao that site is just sad sad. lol it sounds like they are trying to cover their asses:
"What's taking so long?": Lots of things. We had too few programmers early on. Some tech took too long to do. We switched engines. We started over a time or two. And a bunch of other stuff. Point is, we know it's late, and you know it's late. Let's stop talking about it, ok?

lol they started over acouple of times?? Jeebus this game will never come out! Ill be suprised if it gets revealed in the next Pc gamer, or ever for that matter.
When I do a drawing or so, I often start over a couple of times, so when 3drealms does this to, and if that takes what is needed to get your creative proces running and put out a good product, then I can do nothing but to encourage it.

I respect the loyal fans who still wait for this game, those guys show hardcore patience :cheers:

I bet it is TF2. BTW when does this next issue come out?

It's not DNF thats what George Broussard said in a thread on their forum.

It could be Quake IV, what'd you say?

^ What Zerox said ^

Here's the post:

IMO, it's more abusive to the community to continue to talk about and show the game when it's not real close to release. What's the point of leading people on? The best thing we can, and should do, is to shut up, finish the game and start showing it and talking about it when it's near enough release that people can actually see light at the end of the tunnel.

BTW,

"I mean this is One of Australia's best publications wanting and still caring about what is going on with DNF, and you turned them down ."

We turn down press and magazine covers pretty reguarly for the reasons stated above. It's for no other reason besides us wanting to keep quite until we can back up the talk about the game with a more solid idea of a release.

http://forums.3drealms.com/ubbthrea...e=w&olderval=&oldertype=&bodyprev=#Post555475

Duke Nukem is going to take Forever. I'm about as excited as an alzheimer patient lost in a maze at the county fair.

Remember the thread about iD's new game that will not be a sequel to any others? Well, could this be it?

when i think about dnf i cry...i'm still looking forward to it beyond belief....some of the stuff in the 2001 video is WAY ahead of its time....

i remember e-mail george saying that the old screens were proper smart and he said that if you thought they were good then, wait till you see the new stuff.....so i'm still looking forward to it

I want the interactivity.
DNF gonna be so good that you all will be in shock when it gets released.

ray_MAN said:
Remember the thread about iD's new game that will not be a sequel to any others? Well, could this be it?
its id, not ID or iD or Id, anyway ... they are still finishing doom3 so i doubt they have even started making content for any new game. Only carmack is working on it by writing and doing research for the new engine.

Yeah, i can either think that it's id's new game or Team Fortress 2. I don't think it's TF2 because why would they want to start talking about that before HL2 even goes out. Then again, does it really matter? However, valve did say they would say something "after the announcement process of Half-Life 2" not after the release. I guess we won't hear anything though until after the Half-Life 2 release. I really wish we could all figure out what is going on. You know PC GAMER could even just be playing us and it might be a game not even very important.

Well it limits it down now. DNF has been said to not be it because of the producer or whoever the guy was that announced that. It isn't QUAKE IV because it was just announced the game is to early to show and it's skipping quakecon 04, so why would they show it in PC GAMER. It's down to DOOM 3, TF2 (but i got an email from lombardi saying that was the first he had heard about that...sounds doubtful), that is about it, i dont believe any other games that are hyped up or that have been vaporware and now making an appearance, if you guys think of any please post them...we should keep speculating on this. Just what if it is TF2?

When does the August issue come out? In July?

Yeah, they told me mid-July for new August issue. But i thought the most recent issue is the HL2 preview but that was in June, what does the July issue have on the front? Real...confused.

edit: just read the other post about it being Everquest II.

tokin said:
Yeah, they told me mid-July for new August issue. But i thought the most recent issue is the HL2 preview but that was in June, what does the July issue have on the front? Real...confused.

edit: just read the other post about it being Everquest II.

So which issue is this BIG surprise suppose to be in?

Neutrino said:
So which issue is this BIG surprise suppose to be in?

Apparently the August issue, which will come out in July. allthough I saw someone claiming that it would be coming out in the next few weeks. So with that logic it will be in the stores today :)

Are you kidding or being serious seppo?

DNF tried to be what Half-Life 2 will be very soon.

tokin said:
Are you kidding or being serious seppo?

Well, the last line was a joke, referring to the unlogical way PC Gamer name their issues. Like the June issue came out in May...or was it the July issue? You see what I mean? ;)

But I was being serious that the August issue will come out in July. But I'm not sure, I've heard it from others.

Seppo said:
Like the June issue came out in May...or was it the July issue? You see what I mean? ;)
Yes, that happens wit hevery magazine I have ever subscribed to. And the PCG usually comes early for me (last week of the month). No idea why. But, I find it cool. :D

well ray_man let me know the big game that is on the issue if you do receive it late this month, because it's suppose to be out mid-july.

I remember when i was in like the 4-5th grade or something when a girl i knew (She was teh hax) said she had the DNF alpha :)

Its 3d Realms own money, so take it easy, they have to work on something or else... well... bye bye (also, its kinda pointless to work on nothing for several years).

Well supposivly the US PC GAMER is entirely different than the UK one. Although, the UK one coming out on Friday matches the quote said in this thread about the "exclusive and big secret" but that quote was being said for the US PC GAMER issue coming in August. Obviously this is the exact same stuff, but UK is just better and bringing the JULY issue in a few days while the US is bringing the exact same/or quite similiar stuff that UK is offering now in August....how dumb. No TF2 guys....EVER! :(

Back