Medal of Honor: Airborne hi-res screens (go and die 56k)

Loke

Tank
Reaction score
Medal of Honor Airborne™ is the latest video game from EA’s acclaimed Medal of Honor franchise, credited with pioneering the WWII first-person shooter genre after its debut in 1999. This is the first game in the Medal of Honor™ series to be released on next generation platforms.

While building on the key tenets of the franchise including historical accuracy and authenticity, Medal of Honor Airborne is set to redefine the series by introducing players to an entirely new way of experiencing a WWII FPS – notably the fully interactive Airborne experience.

Step into the boots of Boyd Travers, Private First Class of the 82nd Airborne Division and engage in battles throughout Europe. From rocky beginnings in Sicily to war-winning triumphs in Germany, each mission begins behind enemy lines, with an intense and fully interactive airdrop. View the entire operation from the air, and then control your parachute to choose your landing spot. On the ground, gather your senses and assess the terrain. A wide variety of authentic, customizable weapons are at your disposal, each with distinct characteristics. Choose your path in this free roaming FPS environment.

The Medal of Honor Airborne development team continues to ensure that the ideals and integrity of the prestigious congressional Medal of Honor are accurately reflected in the game. The producers sought counsel from numerous expert sources to make certain the game is historically accurate and as true to the WWII Airborne experience as possible. Serving as a military spokesperson for Medal of Honor Airborne, Capt. Dale Dye, who has worked as the Military Technical Advisor for the last 7 Medal of Honor games, will help to create a truly authentic experience.

NON-LINEAR Missions in a free-roaming FPS
• Experience the intensity of a cinematic, story-driven game with the freedom of NON-LINEAR missions in a free roaming FPS environment.

The JUMP will fundamentally affect how the game is played.
• Start each mission with a fully interactive airdrop into enemy territory. Your landing spot can dramatically change the way each mission is played out.

A wide variety of historically accurate CUSTOMIZABLE WEAPONS are at your disposal.
• Develop skills on your personalized weapon with field modifications that remain persistent throughout the entire game.

Medal of Honor Airborne will present the MOST BELIEVABLE HUMANS in a game.
• Utilizing the very latest technology to deliver truly believable humans within the gaming environment.

Dynamic Online play

03000616-MoHAir2--screenshot.jpg

03200616-MoHAir4--screenshot.jpg

03520616-MOHAA_10_06-03--screenshot.jpg

03090616-MOHAA_1_06-03--screenshot.jpg

03070616-MOHAA_2_06-03--screenshot.jpg

03270616-MOHAA_3_06-03--screenshot.jpg

03050616-MOHAA_5_06-03--screenshot.jpg

03200616-MOHAA_7_06-03--screenshot.jpg

03340616-MOHAA_8_06-03--screenshot.jpg

wow that looks pretty awesome ..they all look like cutscenes though

Saw this in Game Informer a while back. Supposedly thats the actual game.

hmmm could they be in game cutscenes like in HL2? if so it looks awesome

why the hell are the germans carrying thompsons?
this game blows hard at historical accuracy

Also, in an interview the lead producer said they thought the recent installements were dissapointing, so this MOH might not suck.

halflifeguy said:

I'm pretty sure those are the grease guns.

These guys aren't dumb :p

Iced_Eagle said:

Well, on one of the screenies you can see a guy wearing a screaming eagle badge. That's the patch for 101st, not the 82nd division.

^ lol didn't even see that (the thompsons)

Maybe they stole them off of airborne troops they killed?

Iced_Eagle said:

No, if you compare the guns ze Germans are carrying to the Thompson the GI is carrying, they look just about identical.

They probably just hadn't modelled the grease guns yet.

Or something?

as before... my bullshit detector is screaming.

It won't look that good

Grease Guns were American SMGs built to replace the thompsons.
The German Smgs were the MP-40
trust me.....im a WW2 junkie

This early in development, I wouldn't worry about these minute details quite yet. The game looks amazing and I can assure you that if the "experts" here at Halflife2.net have noticed the incongruencies, someone at the studio has as well. They are certainly not going to sink so much time/money into a WWII title only to have it ridiculed because of its inaccuracies. I can't wait to be "blown away" by this at E3!! (That's what one of the devs said in an interview at least!)

Synthos said:
as before... my bullshit detector is screaming.

It won't look that good
Just you wait...;)

...thats..looks nice..but..gameplay...i want to see the gameplay! and more screenies

im pretty sure no one customized they're weapons in the field though.
maybe minor things like sharpening the sights, but thins like forward handles and upgrades to a drum magazine?????
come on now........
if you want something realistic go play Red Orchestra
keep the run and gunning "One man war" games to EA

Shakermaker said:
Well, on one of the screenies you can see a guy wearing a screaming eagle badge. That's the patch for 101st, not the 82nd division.

and apparently the 82nd division only did a handful of jumps during the time period the game is based on 5 at most

Those are obviously renders. Real shots and we'd see a lot more jaggies.

Nuts to the 82nd. I want to play in the 101st Easy company. I still want to see a game get Bastogne in there like it should be.

Stern, the 82nd were one of the largest Airbourne divisions to be dropped in Normandy.

halflifeguy said:
Grease Guns were American SMGs built to replace the thompsons.
The German Smgs were the MP-40
trust me.....im a WW2 junkie

They most likely picked them up from dead paratroopers they'd already killed in the earlier droppings. Alot of German soldiers used the Russian PPSh-41because they didn't jam as much as the MP40. It is possible, you know.

But this is the western front, not the eastern front...

They are prolly just using the thompson as a placeholder like the MP5K was for HL2

CptStern said:
and apparently the 82nd division only did a handful of jumps during the time period the game is based on 5 at most
True, but if you watch the GameHead interview with the executive producer on GameTrailers.com you will find out that your character starts with the 82nd airborne and transfers to the 17th thereby covering the entire arc of airborne through WWII. Supposedly all of the missions of the airborne in general will be featured, so someone else can figure out what that means for us as gamers. Should be awesome!

VictimOfScience said:
True, but if you watch the GameHead interview with the executive producer on GameTrailers.com you will find out that your character starts with the 82nd airborne and transfers to the 17th thereby covering the entire arc of airborne through WWII. Supposedly all of the missions of the airborne in general will be featured, so someone else can figure out what that means for us as gamers. Should be awesome!

Ah, thanks for clearing that up!

Bah i want operation Bagration!RUSSKIES FTW!!!

but yeah renders i think...look at pic 3...

Some of those planes are way to low to be able to have parachutes jump from them, they only seem about 200feet up.

halflifeguy said:
lol :D
The Germans used to take PPsH's from dead Russians because they were far more effective in that environment than their own MP40's. :p

Iced_Eagle said:

No, its definetly a thompson... look at the screenshot with the us troop up above the germans.

Dalamari said:
But this is the western front, not the eastern front...

They are prolly just using the thompson as a placeholder like the MP5K was for HL2

It doesn't matter the Front - alot of soldiers did use discarded weapons lying around for themselves. I know If I had the chance I'd use a MP40 other than the Thompson, but I've only used a [replica] MP40 before and not a Thompson so thats a bit bias.

Im really looking forward to this game.

Recent instalments in the medal of honor franchise really have been disapointing in at least a few key areas. (pacific assualt, rising sun)

I hope they have really reworked the AI becuase it was something aweful - mostly enemies that could take a clip to the chest and not even flinch, enemies that could magicly know when you have your sniper scope on them, enemies that would magically appear when you mount a stationary gun, and hits from bullets that would go unregistered. (Pacific Assualt)

The graphics are amazing.

In a few years - at this rate - graphics really will look like true life.

Another "get a clue" to the people that only months ago were saying, "graphics can't get any better", these people needed to start looking for a new line of work.

The free-roaming design they describe sounds brilliant.

This could be another reason to upgrade my PC (like Oblivion)

TheBleeding said:
Stern, the 82nd were one of the largest Airbourne divisions to be dropped in Normandy.

They most likely picked them up from dead paratroopers they'd already killed in the earlier droppings. Alot of German soldiers used the Russian PPSh-41because they didn't jam as much as the MP40. It is possible, you know.

lol, now that is looking between the lines. Come on, you honestly don't believe that do you? At least I hope not.

They probably didn't have enough time to model the MP40's before these renders...erm *screenies* were put out.

Anyway, just another WW2 shooter from my point of view, sick to death of 'em already.

I really don't see what is so absurd or unbelievable about someone else picking up a fallen soldiers weapon.

JNightshade said:
holy SHIT :eek:

QFT. I can't believe that's actual gameplay...but gameplay is probably the same as all the rest of the medal of honor games.

EDIT: Whoops, didn't read the first post.

Back