MiddleAge Studios is looking for Developers!

J

jonrogers61

Logo2.jpg

About MiddleAge Studios

The MiddleAge Studios team is a new Development company dedicated to game development
The mission of the MiddleAge Studios is to create the next level of FPS gaming. With the creation of the Source Engine they have the freedom to take online multiplayer games to heights not reached before. Our latest project will be our first title released using the Source Engine.

Jobs Available at MiddleAge Studios

We are looking for a talented and motivated artists and programmers to join our team in developing a new exciting project. We are a small group of dedicated developers that value one another's input. The game will be placed in a fantasy style world.
NOTE: this is completely volunteer, dev members will not recieve a salary. (might be paid through donations and such)

* Animator
* Concept Artist
* Modeler
* Technical Artist/TD
* Texture/2d Artist
* Effects Artist
* Programmer

Animator
Animator roles will include animating main characters, NPCs, etc.

Requirements:

* 3D skills using 3dsMax, Maya, XSI, Zbrush
* A great attitude
* Desire to see something from design to completion
* Rigging using any package a huge plus
* Experience not required. If you have the talent to make up for a lack of experience we still want to hear from you

Concept Artist
The concept artist will focus on the characters and creatures used in this fantasy world.

Requirements:

* Great 2d skills using Photoshop or equivalent
* A great attitude
* Experience not required. If you have the talent to make up for a lack of experience we still want to hear from you

Modeler
Modeler role will include modeling main characters, NPCs, props, etc

Requirements:

* Great 3D skills using 3dsMax, Maya, XSI, Zbrush
* A great attitude
* Animation/Rigging/UV Mapping, using any package a huge plus

Technical Artist/TD
This position will involve various technical tasks like scripting special effects, rigging characters and integrating artwork into the game.

Requirements:

* Script effects
* Rig chars
* Art/Game integration
* Create tools
* A great attitude
* Programming experience a plus
* If you have the talent to make up for a lack of experience we still want to hear from you

Texture/2d Artist
Texture artist roles include special effects, textures for main characters, npcs, terrain and Interface art and icons.

Requirements:

* Great 2d skills using Photoshop or equivalent
* A great attitude
* 3D skills using any package a huge plus

Effects Artist
This position will involve creating art and scripts for special effects, such as spell effects in a fantasy setting.

Requirements:

* Good 2d/Texturing Capabilities
* Art/Game integration
* A good attitude
* Scripting experience a plus
* If you have the talent to make up for a lack of experience we still want to hear from you

All submissions to [email protected]
Please send resume or simple reference of your work with a briefing of yourself and what position you would like to apply for. All emails will be reviewed and replied as fast as we can. Main requirement is that we have your maturity.

1. What exactly is the game about?
2. Are these paid positions?

Does putting "studios" after your name make you feel more professional or something? Why is EVERYONE doing that these days!? and..resumes!?!?!?

Good luck though as you'll have an awesomely bad time trying to finish this mod taking this approach. I hope that wasn't too mean but if it was then here is a bunny: :imu:

Does putting "studios" after your name make you feel more professional or something? Why is EVERYONE doing that these days!? and..resumes!?!?!?

Good luck though as you'll have an awesomely bad time trying to finish this mod taking this approach. I hope that wasn't too mean but if it was then here is a bunny: :imu:

I think it's a paying job, could be wrong though

- 100 credibility points

Yea, you're a subdomain on an anime website, you don't have a company email address, and chances are he is the only team member. Some studio...

This thread produces high amounts of smiling. I think I may have strained a muscle.

I didnt make the logo, someone made it for me and I had no clue he used that, the website template has been changed and so has the name, we are not a studio and the subdomain is from a friend, who is hosting me temporarily, I have a backup made and we will have a domain name soon!

You've changed the logo to say MiddleAge "Games" rather than "Studios" but you're still using the same ripped off Project Offset logo?? Hmm ;) I advise you to take down the logo before you can create an original one if you don't want any more negative comments your way.

Why not wait until you got everything sorted out before you start recruiting people? Will save you a lot of embarrassment.

This thread is actually exactly the same as this one, only more refined.

It is. Presented the mod with no current developemnt pictures, story, or gameplay. (Moving to the Corruption topic) Cell should have checked with me first, but then again I didnt tell him to, but he was just trying to help. Im going to wait a bit, a few weeks and post a another that is more informative, gameplay, story, more pictures. Cell just started off o nthe wrong foot, thats true. But I just wish you guys didnt treat people so badly when they make mistakes or just dont do something right.

[rant]
The MiddleAge Studios team is a new Development company dedicated to game development
You have to be incorporated i.e. a business to be a company.

Our latest project will be our first title released using the Source Engine.
This implies that you have made other projects which, according to what is on your website, you haven't.

Jobs Available at MiddleAge Studios
NOTE: this is completely volunteer, dev members will not recieve a salary.

Lame. Really lame. Not really a job is it?

Please send resume or simple reference of your work with a briefing of yourself and what position you would like to apply for. All emails will be reviewed and replied as fast as we can. Main requirement is that we have your maturity.
This just pisses me off. You are not a company, these are not jobs. Don't be so goddamn ****ing arrogant, expecting people to jump through hoops like that. If you were making a mod and needed volunteers you should have said, "I'm making a mod and need volunteers" instead of posing as some company with lofty expectations of those you want to "employ".

Sorry if that seems overly harsh but that's what you get when you come in here and with your first post be a tosser.
I guess I fail the "great attitude" requirement.
[/rant]

It is. Presented the mod with no current developemnt pictures, story, or gameplay. (Moving to the Corruption topic) Cell should have checked with me first, but then again I didnt tell him to, but he was just trying to help. Im going to wait a bit, a few weeks and post a another that is more informative, gameplay, story, more pictures. Cell just started off o nthe wrong foot, thats true. But I just wish you guys didnt treat people so badly when they make mistakes or just dont do something right.

He ripped off another companies artwork, and designated himself as a company/studio although he is not. It's inappropriate and if he had searched the forum for 5 minutes he should have seen that a post like this would make us go nuts. I have no sympathy for people like that... that's why they are treated badly.

[rant]

You have to be incorporated i.e. a business to be a company.

This implies that you have made other projects which, according to what is on your website, you haven't.

Lame. Really lame. Not really a job is it?

This just pisses me off. You are not a company, these are not jobs. Don't be so goddamn ****ing arrogant, expecting people to jump through hoops like that. If you were making a mod and needed volunteers you should have said, "I'm making a mod and need volunteers" instead of posing as some company with lofty expectations of those you want to "employ".

Sorry if that seems overly harsh but that's what you get when you come in here and with your first post be a tosser.
I guess I fail the "great attitude" requirement.
[/rant]

company is just a word... not a legal binding conract.. no need to beat this dead horse so badly

Back