Mikepl CSS mCTdummy and mTdummy Logo pack

I think the sprays are a great idea. Its a good tactic. Tactics = ways to win scrims.

ya I saw the marines in iraq spray painting Soldier decoys to fool the insurgeants ..when the first iraqi militant shot at the decal, there was a collective shout of "PWNED" coming from the american side :upstare:

would definitly shoot at this one if i was terrorist :naughty:

ctass.jpg

are you doing this at a cyber cafe? are you that bored of the game?

btw that's funny

who said you have to be bored of a game when youre making sprays? :p

because you're not playing when you're making sprays

Spray is a feature like physics, both did not come with rules on how to use. Both teams have even advantage to use or not to use. Almost like real war *cough* last time i checked tricking the "bad" guy was allowed.

"The thing unfair about war is death"

CptStern said:
by then you've shot him a dozen times ...you tricked him using something he wasnt aware of ...it's a cheat (indirectly), because he wasnt aware of it because it's not a feature of the game ...shooting the barrel is a feature of the game (physics)

mikepl said:
Spray is a feature like physics, both did not come with rules on how to use. Both teams have even advantage to use or not to use. Almost like real war *cough* last time i checked tricking the "bad" guy was allowed.

yes but sprays were intended to display a clan logo ...it's a personal preference ..good work but I wont be using it

CptStern said:
yes but sprays were intended to display a clan logo ...it's a personal preference ..good work but I wont be using it

Stern you're the kind of guy cheaters love to piss off. :LOL:

CB | Para said:
Stern you're the kind of guy cheaters love to piss off. :LOL:

heheh yup you're right ...I had admin on a clan server for rtcw for almost 2 years ...man I'd ban at least 2-3 per week for wall hacks etc

Says who? I really can’t say my Half-Life shipped with a spray rule book. The things we can’t do Vac does not allow. Spray is intended to be applied, it’s simple. That’s what makes humans great, we have a vast to ability to adapt and evolve when found in unfamiliar situations.

If valve thought this was widespread cheating than we would only be allowed to use small logos, such as 128x128.

CptStern said:

I'm not quite sure whether I consider it cheating or not. But I will admit to using a door spray a couple times in CS 1.5. It may have been low but it was worth it to have someone run smack into a wall.:)

mikepl said:
Says who? I really can’t say my Half-Life shipped with a spray rule book. The things we can’t do Vac does not allow. Spray is intended to be applied, it’s simple. That’s what makes humans great, we have a vast to ability to adapt and evolve when found in unfamiliar situations.

CptStern said:
ya I saw the marines in iraq spray painting Soldier decoys to fool the insurgeants ..when the first iraqi militant shot at the decal, there was a collective shout of "PWNED" coming from the american side :upstare:

whatever turns your crank

Those sprays are awesome! I was thinking of making a spray that looks like the bomb, so you set the bomb somewhere, and then spray a fake bomb. I like your idea better.

I agree with you. tactic or just plan fun, i find it harmless. One must admit watching a new CS player shoot at a wall "logo" is worth a laugh. Getting a CS vet to shoot at a spray is a damn good tactic.

SubKamran said:
I'm using my own custom spray :p

Or having them use my 1337 health pack spray.

I already posted this, but im a whore for publicity.

It takes alot more tweaking to get object that sits on the ground to take on the 3d look. Becasue a player had alot more viewable area.

You can see my point here on this test I conducted. The spray on the wall has a 3d look while the one on the ground looks flat.

http://www.xmitmedia.com/3.jpg

Just a matter or picking the right objects for the task and making fake shadows etc

Sub_Lon said:
Those sprays are awesome! I was thinking of making a spray that looks like the bomb, so you set the bomb somewhere, and then spray a fake bomb. I like your idea better.

I agree with CptStern. Its not supposed to be part of the game and it isnt an option for everyone playing. Lame trick.

mikepl said:
Getting a CS vet to shoot at a spray is a damn good tactic.

that involves no skill or thinking outside of the box

Shooting through three foot of concrete is? Its poor level design but its normal 1.6 CS play. It’s a tactic same as using a spray.

seinfeldrules said:
I agree with CptStern. Its not supposed to be part of the game and it isnt an option for everyone playing. Lame trick.

Yeah, but everyone can do that at any point in the game without having to go outside the game and download something to accomplish the mission. Lame.

Since when did matter if an effective way to booby trap the enemy required skill? Last time I checked during the Vietnam War people dug covered pits to trap and kill US soldiers. If I remember correctly it does not take much skill to dig a hole. Nor does it take much skill to fall into one.

CptStern said:
that involves no skill or thinking outside of the box

can one of you be the bigger man and stop this bickering.

its a spray.

Thats my whole point, its a spray. Plain and simple use it or not, its an option.

With that play cs how you wish, but have fun becsue thats what games are only for.

undeniable said:
can one of you be the bigger man and stop this bickering.

its a spray.

mikepl said:
Since when did matter if an effective way to booby trap the enemy required skill? Last time I checked during the Vietnam War people dug covered pits to trap and kill US soldiers. If I remember correctly it does not take much skill to dig a hole. Nor does it take much skill to fall into one.

not even close to the same scenario

look I've already said I wont be using but you can ...we'll never agree so what's the use of debating the point?

Not an option for everyone. If it was meant to be used like this then it would be a default spray.

can anyone convert this for me. I cant get it to work even when i have the rite sizes :flame:

Attachments

• -=[Grim Reaper]=-.jpg
    -=[Grim Reaper]=-.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 310
I tried to make a spray (normal one of J.R. "Bob" Dobbs) but I couldn't get it to save correctly from Photoshop 6 (I added the Targa plugin too) I'll have to work on it a bit, but once I figure out how to make sprays.... damn the possibilities are endless.. can we make animated sprays? How about a reflective spray? It would rock to be able to spray a mirror onto the wall and watch around the corner.... hmmm.....

We'll everyone does have the option to make a custom spray, not sure I see your point.

seinfeldrules said:
Not an option for everyone. If it was meant to be used like this then it would be a default spray.

Photoshop 6 or earlier needs this:
http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=1544

Sub_Lon said:
I tried to make a spray (normal one of J.R. "Bob" Dobbs) but I couldn't get it to save correctly from Photoshop 6 (I added the Targa plugin too) I'll have to work on it a bit, but once I figure out how to make sprays.... damn the possibilities are endless.. can we make animated sprays? How about a reflective spray? It would rock to be able to spray a mirror onto the wall and watch around the corner.... hmmm.....

OMG those are awesome... can someone teach me how to make sprays i wanan make one for cs s

haha not everyone knows how, nor do they want to waste their time doing it. This will only be used by people familiar to the game (and need a new unfair advantage to win). Thats it for me.

PS they do look nice though. Might want to make one crouching and looking at you.

Thanks.

PS they do look nice though. Might want to make one crouching and looking at you.

It helps if you have photoshop background, though I must admit CSS has made the process less painful.

I think as pointed out before this is a good place to start:

http://www.raiden.se/spraytut/#step1

But if you have questions beyond, let me know.

Make SURE you follow the logic rules:

2^0 - 1
2^1 - 2
2^2 - 4
2^3 - 8
2^4 - 16
2^5 - 32
2^6 - 64
2^7 - 128
2^8 - 256
2^9 - 512

thats the tut i was following. everytime i run that program. its comes up with
Error loading texture hl2/materialsrc/sprays/Grim.tga.

Heres was the oringla pic b4 i changed anything.

Attachments

• -=[Grim Reaper]=-.jpg
    -=[Grim Reaper]=-.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 302
I re-did my healthpack spray to look more 3d and a little higher res, here it is.

My spray idea

This spray wouldn't be seen as "cheating" as much as a fake T or CT:

It would be more of a mural, like 3 or 4 people all looking and pointing with great interest at something small by their feet (see where I'm going yet?) And you have to get close to the picture to see what they're pointing at. And guess what it is: A note that says "You're dead"

ROCK!

I made a simple mspaint example, how do I insert images?

Back