minigun

geelen

Reaction score
I was just thinking that a minigun could be pretty cool for cs. All up on the predator-style thing with the total destruction of everything.

Couple of notes on its use. Expensive. Bloody heavy. You can only move when you're not firing. Spinning up the gun takes a while. No reloading, just a big clip. The bullets are pretty powerful - tear through boxes - but since you can't move when you're firing you're a pretty open target.

Basically I'm thinking of a t coming out of the double doors in aztec and mowing down any rushing cts, as well as causing all the others to run away. Till he gets shot.

Oh and when you use it your shirt rips off and your muscles are huge. And Arnie is there, firing an m4 :)

If you're adding a minigun, you may as well vehicles, capture the flag, headcrabs and dancing clowns. It just ain't CS.

/me starts on the clown skins and dance animations :D

i wish that they would add a nuke that you can buy for $16000 and at the beginning of the round you detonate it and EVERYONE dies :devil: and then for the rest of the time spent in that level everyones health slowly goes down from radiation poisoning :devil: :thumbs:

That'd suck major league ass!

Everyone will whore in on Nukes... And the radiation poison would make me leave the game for good.

Mmm... maybe like a cyber-t that costs 16000 and doesn't drop any weapons when he dies. That looks like a clown and dances slightly off balance because he's holding a f*cking heavy minigun...

I think what I want is for the fun of cs to be mixed with something, you know, a bit cooler than real life...

A MINIGUN.........are you out of your mind?
1. Try firing an m134 from the hip and you will see why its not too easy.
2. An minigun isn't exactly the most tactical counter terrorism weapon.
3. it would ruin counter strike, absoloutley stupid idea.

I cant believe you even thought about it.

ah yes! make tactics become even more obsolete...thats just what we need in cs.

But it is tactical. It's a first-line-of-defence anti-rush weapon. I know there isn't any point explaining it, because it basically is a stupid idea, but I wish cs maybe had a few items to really mix the gameplay up a bit. Maybe map-specific things like sentry guns or something.

Maybe cs would need a new class-based system, so that you could have a greater difference across weapons but without unbalancing the teams.

Can you dig it?

It is not tactical. It does not need a fricken class based system. You are just defacing the point of CS.I can't dig it, not without a spoon-like object.

Screw this. I should just report this thread and move on.

Minigun wouldnt do much since it would be very innacurate and bullets wouldnt do much damage. The owner would get killed very fast.

What CS needs to be "tactical" is abillity to prone, leaning and more damage on weapons, especially pistols and SMG's. Weapon damages today in CS are like when playing Unreal Tournament, ie shoot 3-7 times to kill someone. So please dont call CS a "tactical". :dozey:

Lets make a 10000 gun that beams you into the enemy spawn and attaches a time bomb to each enemy...

/sarcasm

:p

Stupid idea.

And if you want class based gameplay, with vehicles, sentry guns etc... Just get Battlefield 2 when it comes out.

What CS needs is a bit more guns for some variation. And I mean guns that are actually USEFUL, how about a sniper rifle in between a scout and AWP? Maybe a new assault rifle with a different feel. I don't know, I just want to have a bit more guns. So everyone can go off on their own tangeant, as it is now, the choice of what gun to buy is too obvious. (Deagle as pistol. M4/ak-47 as a assault rifle. AWP/Scout as sniper and that's it really.. Anything else you have to be pretty crazy to use, oh except the krieg and p90. Those are just cool sometimes. Not my favs though)

geelen said:
...ing out of the double doors in aztec and mowing down any rushing cts, as well as causing all the others to run away. Till he gets shot.

Oh and when you use it your shirt rips off and your muscles are huge. And Arnie is there, firing an m4 :)

i remember replacing the Para model in CS 1.6 with a mini-gun--- that was intesting though the characteristics were the same, the skin, animations, and sound were completely changed.

someone needs to put out a mini-gun skin + accompanying animations!! : :burp:

geelen said:
But it is tactical. It's a first-line-of-defence anti-rush weapon. I know there isn't any point explaining it, because it basically is a stupid idea, but I wish cs maybe had a few items to really mix the gameplay up a bit. Maybe map-specific things like sentry guns or something.

Maybe cs would need a new class-based system, so that you could have a greater difference across weapons but without unbalancing the teams.

Can you dig it?

I think what you are looking for is Fortress Forever...

geelen said:
I was just thinking that a minigun could be pretty cool for cs. All up on the predator-style thing with the total destruction of everything.

Couple of notes on its use. Expensive. Bloody heavy. You can only move when you're not firing. Spinning up the gun takes a while. No reloading, just a big clip. The bullets are pretty powerful - tear through boxes - but since you can't move when you're firing you're a pretty open target.

Basically I'm thinking of a t coming out of the double doors in aztec and mowing down any rushing cts, as well as causing all the others to run away. Till he gets shot.

Terrible, would ruin the gameplay completely. Keep the Minigun in Quake, Unreal, Doom, & AvP please.

m00b said:
Minigun wouldnt do much since it would be very innacurate and bullets wouldnt do much damage. The owner would get killed very fast.
WHAT??????

An m134 is a very accurate weapon, if a human had the ability to use one properly that is.
And what the hell, 7.62 nato at least........it would be an AWP at 6,000rpm with slightly less accuracy.
"bullets wouldn't do much damage" LMAO!!!

geelen said:
No. If it's a first line of defense weapon, the person using it is not going to last very long. He may very well die in the time it takes for the weapon to spin up.

dont get your hopes down. Someone is almost done making a minigun skin for the M249 Para. Check cdg (search on google for clan of the dead goat and u will find it). It should be released soon. Anyway I think cdgjust has the best skins in general.

MilkMan12 said:
dont get your hopes down. Someone is almost done making a minigun skin for the M249 Para. Check cdg (search on google for clan of the dead goat and u will find it). It should be released soon. Anyway I think cdgjust has the best skins in general.
How can you skin a m249 to like like a minigun?
You mean a new model yeah?

short recoil said:
WHAT??????

An m134 is a very accurate weapon, if a human had the ability to use one properly that is.
And what the hell, 7.62 nato at least........it would be an AWP at 6,000rpm with slightly less accuracy.
"bullets wouldn't do much damage" LMAO!!!

uhh... yeah.. but this is a computer game. :thumbs:

MilkMan12 said:

Gonna check it out.

I'd be buying the para every round, though, which might become a problem...

m00b said:

What CS needs to be "tactical" is abillity to prone, leaning and more damage on weapons, especially pistols and SMG's. Weapon damages today in CS are like when playing Unreal Tournament, ie shoot 3-7 times to kill someone. So please dont call CS a "tactical". :dozey:

You fool... It is meant to be tactical...

JeanPaul said:
i wish that they would add a nuke that you can buy for $16000 and at the beginning of the round you detonate it and EVERYONE dies :devil: and then for the rest of the time spent in that level everyones health slowly goes down from radiation poisoning :devil: :thumbs:
I know someone named Jean Paul, isn't that just carzy :p

how about...stilts or something to hold the para in place. the para just seems like a pretty crappy weapon to me in cs. I mean if ur loaded on cash you'd dont really go for the para...it just doesnt get you the kills. It should be made a better weapon.

>>FrEnZy<< said:
how about...stilts or something to hold the para in place. the para just seems like a pretty crappy weapon to me in cs. I mean if ur loaded on cash you'd dont really go for the para...it just doesnt get you the kills. It should be made a better weapon.
I have to disagree, it is a lethal weapon.
I have often killed the entire enemy team with it, all it takes is to sneak up close to them and charge while firing into their heads.
It has good penetration and reasonable amount of power.
And it has 100 rounds.

I'm quite a good "rambo" type player, i'm always the first into the battle often taking them by suprise.
No body armour, an m249 and a pair of elites is my ideal outfit.
(i can fire the elites like uzis with my trigger finger)

Its not really a tactical weapon as such, being used tactially it should be deployable with a bipod, but really that is camping and would slow down the game, especially bad seing as you dont respawn.

http://world.guns***/machine/minigun-e.htm

Yesh. Gattling gun would just not work.

At all.

In the year 1987 the movie "Predator" (starring A. Schwarznegger) hit the screens. One of the most impressive scenes was the one where the US Commandos, led by "Dutch" (Schwarznegger), attempted to fight back the alien Predator. One of Commandos was armed with the distinctive weapon, a 6-barreled rotary Minigun, fed from backpack ammo box. This gave the impression that the Miniguns can be used for infantry support. It must be noted, that in this movie a special, blank firing version of the Minigun was sued. The electric motor was powered via cable, hidden in the actor's pants, and the actor had to carry bulletproof vest and protective mask to avoid injuries from the fast and violently ejecting empty cases. Had this gun being fired using real ammunition, the actor would ended lying on his back, being forced off the legs by the violent recoil. The "backpack" ammo capacity, also, could be worth only several seconds of fire. lets calculate: 2 000 rounds of 5.56mm ammo will weight about 25 kg (55 lbs); 2 000 rounds of 7.62mm will weight about 2 times more, making such load almost impossible to carry on foots. yet this load of ammo will worth only 20 or so seconds of fire. Add some powerful batteries to power electrical drive of about 4KWt (4+ horse-power), and the bulk of the gun itself, and you'll see that even the strongest man won't be able to carry this load, less to fire it with any chance to hit, due to extremely powerful recoil.

But it looked awesome!

I guess not. Oh well I guess I'll go back to playing Serious Sam... :)

Yes, the minigun belongs in those rambo type games. Not tactical :dozey:

Problem: I want a minigun in CS

Solution: Download a replacement minigun model for the para

Ta-daa.

Danimal said:
You fool... It is meant to be tactical...
Yeah but the game isn't tactical today. One kill to the head from a pistol doesnt kill. To make this game tactical you'd need to make it realistic in damage and movement, which it ISN'T! SMG's and pistols are useless. You can't prone or lean. If that's tactical I'm the best CS player ever. :naughty:

CS is not tactical. It wants to be, but it isn't.

Back