Mod Idea- Ghostbusters Mod

mung

Reaction score
Certainly one of MY favorite movies, I think it would be a worthwhile to see a mod made for SP, or even MP (co-op). With the physics engine in place, I'd imagine that this could only lead to some wonderous results.

Just my 2 cents.

Firstly.. copyright, so it wont happen unless someone gets permission to do it.

Secondly. physics don't make a mod. Try bare in mind that in a few months physics will be as normal in a game/mod as OGL or DX. It's not a selling point anymore and shouldn't be considered important, just another tool to use if required.

Copyright- arse it off like HL's existance mod (direct Matrix copy)

Between the transparency and particle effects that i've seen in BINKs so far, it looks like it would definatly look pretty!

:)

As much as you'rew lead to believe by modern society, 'looking pretty' isn't going to make people play the game for more than an hour. Looks are to throw the hook, gameplay is to reel the players in. Apart from zapping ghosts (which you could basically do in the original HL, using the Gluon gun) I don't think there's much to keep people playing.

-Angry Lawyer

hmm I can see a potential for a ghosts vs anti ghost team mod. Probably not multiplayer. SP a least, especially with all the cool material and shader effects there might be. Not to mention invisible enemy. Particle Weapons, polterguist physics, etc.

would require a lot of work and a dedicated and experienced team, but it would be good to see.

It wouldn't be a Ghostbusters mod without Peter Venkman aka Bill Murray.

chu said:
It wouldn't be a Ghostbusters mod without Peter Venkman aka Bill Murray.
Agreed, oh and Weaver too, in little clothing, like the first movie ;););)

The Dark Elf said:
Firstly.. copyright, so it wont happen unless someone gets permission to do it.

Secondly. physics don't make a mod. Try bare in mind that in a few months physics will be as normal in a game/mod as OGL or DX. It's not a selling point anymore and shouldn't be considered important, just another tool to use if required.
I have a question about copyright.

how did Earth's Special Forces get around? Did they expressly get permission, or find a loophole, or what?

I've always wondered about that one myself. I guess the best way to find out is to e-mail the lead designer of the mod, and ask him.

-Angry Lawyer

CyberSh33p said:
I have a question about copyright.

how did Earth's Special Forces get around? Did they expressly get permission, or find a loophole, or what?
I've never heard of that mod. Perhaps few have, including those who own the copyright.. Tell you what, email those and let them know ;)

Besides, if a company doesn't chase you over copyright. That must mean your mod/game is so incredibly bad, they simply don't care. Which must be a huge insult, so bad you don't even register heh.

Wow, a ghost busters MOD would rule! With t3h 1337 capture blocks and stuff! I want to play :(

there is already a ghost busters mod in development, check out moddb.com for info.

A ghostbusters mod would be so cool, but if it is not possible to get the rights, perhaps they could make one like ghostbusters, but called ghost catchers or somethng, or do a complete skit on ghostbusters, I can imagine some hilarity!

Back