Mod: Renegade Alert

E

Espion

Hi there,

I represent a mod named Renegade Alert, or RenAlert for short. We're currently developing this mod for another game, C&C: Renegade, but we plan to start moving our work over to the Source engine soon after HL2 is released.

RenAlert is a mod dedicated to changing C&C: Red Alert(Westwood, 1996) into a quality FPS. We've been hard at work for over a year now, and have made some great progress. At this point we're not fully devoting ourselves to modding HL2, we want to finish what we started on the W3D engine(C&C: Renegade). All we're doing now is planning ahead.

www.RenAlert.com

Have at look at what we've accomplished so far. If any of you have played Renegade before, you'll know just how much we've done . . .a lot. We have remade anything from the HUD to the surface textures. All new infantry models, vehicles, structures, scripts, and much more. From the 1 game mode we started with, we now have 4 - C&C Mode, CTF, Assault, and Deathmatch. We've also begun working on a new single player campaign as well. All of this will be moved, or made again for HL2.

(Click to view)
Mammoth Tank
Medium Tank
Tanya Adams

We've run into one problem however, and that's going to be switch to the source engine. We have 2 coders already, but they a lot to do as is. We may need more soon in order to begin shifting our work to the Source. Now I'm aware that this isn't the Help Wanted forum, so if anyone is interested, please head over to our own forums - here - and get in contact with either Aircraftkiller, NeoSaber, Silent Kane, or myself.

Thanks for reading, I look forward to modding with you all in the future, and I hope you do as well. :)

-Espion, Renegade Alert - Public Relations.

Renegade Alert

wrong forum

along with that, i seriously hope that you contact Electronic Arts (the license & IP owners of C&C) and make sure they are ok with you doing this, cause not only are you using there IP, you are directly copying a lot of there content from that game into another game, albiet that you are remaking it, it is still exactly the same concepts & IP that was in the original game, and thats a no no unless they ok it.

This wasn't meant for help wanted, I have another topic for that. I'll edit out the help wanted stuff. Please move it back.

Make your mind up. I'm not going to move it again.

Dante said:
wrong forum

along with that, i seriously hope that you contact Electronic Arts (the license & IP owners of C&C) and make sure they are ok with you doing this, cause not only are you using there IP, you are directly copying a lot of there content from that game into another game, albiet that you are remaking it, it is still exactly the same concepts & IP that was in the original game, and thats a no no unless they ok it.

you could, as long as no profit is made.

That is a major fallacy.

If you don't own the copyright, it's not yours to use, regardless of whether you're making a profit.

And EA is pretty well known for defending their IP...remember that System Shock 2 mod for Doom 3?

EA was contacted, however we never got any response. (Not that I expected any, at least not soon.)

I no longer work for this mod anyhow. If they want to keep trying, good luck to them.

Back