Mod request - No Manhacks

iamaelephant

Reaction score
If anyone is able to create a mod than eliminates Manhacks from the game, I would be eternally greatful. I love this game so much, but Manhacks are more a chore to kill than they are fun. They're a pain in the ass.

Whilst it would be possible, no one would do it unless they felt the same way themselves, as it would be a hell of a lot of work for no real gain.

Quick tip, grab the manhacks with the manipulator and they can't hit you, then smash em against a wall.

He's talking about the little mechanical gadget which float around in the air with the spinning blades ?
Or he's talking about the slow ones which take pictures of you ?

Or am I way off base..

I dont have the manipulator yet, I'm playing nice and slow :) Yeah Drexion, its the chaps with the spinning blades. I like scanners, I let them get good and close then crowbar the assholes.

They are a chore to kill if its just them you are facing against. When its them and a few combine soldiers shooting at you the fighting gets extremelly intense I have found. One of my favorite battles early on involved hiding from a chopper with several Combine soldiers shooting at me and manhacks trying to run into me while I circled around large crates switching back and forth from the crowbar and the pistol to kill the manhacks.

It was intense. :eek:

I find it easiest to switch to the crowbar to kill the manhacks... if you're co-ordinated enough, then it saves LOTS of ammo.

I find its generally ok if you don't let any get behind you, whilst there are still others in front of you. Placing my back against a wall I find I do best against them, as I do worst against them when they surround me.

At least they're not invincible.
The Scanners are annoying, they tend to blind you, and follow you around in an annoying manner. Manhacks are fun. I guess the zero point gravity manipulator should help a lot with them.

I've found getting ammo to be no problem... Has anyone else noticed that wherever a little lanbda symbol is there are goodies nearby? They take a little inginuity to extract, but I've yet to run out of ammo on any weapon by searching for those hidden specials.

The machine gun seems to work best for the manhacks. The magnum seems to work best on the combines, one shot one kill.

The Mullinator said:
They are a chore to kill if its just them you are facing against. When its them and a few combine soldiers shooting at you the fighting gets extremelly intense I have found. One of my favorite battles early on involved hiding from a chopper with several Combine soldiers shooting at me and manhacks trying to run into me while I circled around large crates switching back and forth from the crowbar and the pistol to kill the manhacks.

It was intense. :eek:

Arg, thats the bit im up to. It's the only part of the game so far I dislike, apart from the gay jumping/physics puzzles. Still my favorite game ever though.

dude manhacks are easy as. just use gravgun and if you dont have that then just shoot them up. so easy.

i mean maybe they would be hard if you have your sensitivity set to 1.0 or something but i use 9.0 and they are a breeze.

Yeah manhacks are really annoying. Everytime i hear their noise, i'm like: "Jesus! not them again!!". Besides that, i'm having a blast playing this game!! :D

Manhacks are very annoying early, but once you have the gravgun their difficulty/annoyance drops big time. I'd say it becomes a fun addition since you can shoot it at enemies. And I love how they explode when you smash em against a wall.

What I really don't like are the poison headcrabs, way too fast and hard to shoot. Much like early manhacks, but it doesn't get better.

Melkor said:
I've found getting ammo to be no problem... Has anyone else noticed that wherever a little lanbda symbol is there are goodies nearby? They take a little inginuity to extract, but I've yet to run out of ammo on any weapon by searching for those hidden specials.

The machine gun seems to work best for the manhacks. The magnum seems to work best on the combines, one shot one kill.

Dude, when you get to ravenholm you seriously need to start conserving ammo. It's infested with zombies, of all different types and seeing as they don't drop ammo you have to be very sparing with your use of guns.

Seriously, if you were on your own you wouldn't stand a chance.

omni said:
Manhacks are very annoying early, but once you have the gravgun their difficulty/annoyance drops big time. I'd say it becomes a fun addition since you can shoot it at enemies. And I love how they explode when you smash em against a wall.

What I really don't like are the poison headcrabs, way too fast and hard to shoot. Much like early manhacks, but it doesn't get better.

Really manhacks cease to be a problem once you get the shotgun. Antlions tear them apart too.

Back