Models textures don't show up till I hit them in game... why?

P

pmweb9873

When I create a physics entity and give it a model and put it in game, it has a black texture till I shoot it or movie it and then the texture appears. I think it might have something to do with the lighting but I'm not sure what I need to adjust.

I have a similar problem, except when I create the entity, it's completely INVISIBLE in-game, until i shoot it. Then it appears. It's a keyboard on a desk. It's not there, then it pops up as its being blasted. I've tried putting it up higher on the desk, and right down touching it. I can't figure out what's going on either!

i think people were saying that if u turn off all sdk and hammer etc before testing the map it will work.

Hey, I read something that fixed my problem, and it might fix yours, too. When I put in an object, if i put it in as PROP_PHYSICS_MULTIPLAYER, it works. Any other PROP_PHYSICS didn't work. Good luck!

im having this same problems with just certain textures...

Like I have 2 of the exact same things on my map, literally, I shift Clicked and copied it over... and one wall in the original is pre black unless short, and I cant figure out how to fix this... I've made 2 other maps and this is the first time I'm having this problem.

Back