Mods for hl2?

soman

Reaction score
What do you think about the idea that the HL2 modding teams release their mods before the release of Hl2. So you would be able to use them on the hl2 beta?

As vavle has to rewrite the MP aspecsts of the game and maybe compleatly re write a steam look alike program as atleast for me Im not going to trust steam for my credit card information.

It won't happen because it is doubtful they are going to work with the final version of the game.

Heh, I wouldn't count on any mod teams doing this.

-Scott

It would be too obvious :)

It is quite tempting though, have to say that... Even if its not complete, or things are gonna be change, you could still build a framework and save alot of time. Not gonna do it anyway though.

Thanks for fixing my misstake rec. You cant or dont want to play hl2 for whatever reasons you would be able to place nicely some hl2 mods.... It would be nice for them to be able to start now the work and us being able to beta test them :D

Originally posted by soman
Thanks for fixing my misstake rec. You cant or dont want to play hl2 for whatever reasons you would be able to place nicely some hl2 mods.... It would be nice for them to be able to start now the work and us being able to beta test them :D
That was the idea from the start, I dont know what happened to it... I honestly expected an SDK and a public HL2 light (exe, basic systems and all that is needed to make it run a mod) months ago. Never happened though... If they would have done it, maybe this beta leak wouldnt have occured, as people could already be playing early HL2 mods by now and not get hyped about the game so much... Wishfull thinking...

No self respecting mod team would use any of the leaked code or the beta

How come do they have to be self respectless to make mods for a beta? If vivendi is right then this is untill april first we will see them...this is a good training ground imo....

Back