Moment

DreadLord1337 said:
Lol that would only increase it to being one child for every 2 seconds or something.. it's not an average of the continents.

Yeah, ok I see what you're saying. But the rate in Africa is highest, so 5 children per second there is a lot.

A child dies every 5 seconds in Africa.. If no other children in the world die, then the fact is still "A child dies every 5 seconds." But let's say that a child dies every 10 seconds in Europe along with one every 5 seconds in Africa. The number is now "3 children die every 10 seconds." Do you see? You're arguing the wrong way.. If a children died every 5 seconds in Africa alone, then children would be dropping by the thousands world wide every few minutes.

Think on it.

Edit: You edited your post. GG. :D

DreadLord1337 said:
A child dies every 5 seconds in Africa.. If no other children in the world die, then the fact is still "A child dies every 5 seconds." But let's say that a child dies every 10 seconds in Europe along with one every 5 seconds in Africa. The number is now "3 children die every 10 seconds." Do you see? You're arguing the wrong way.. If a children died every 5 seconds in Africa alone, then children would be dropping by the thousands world wide every few minutes.

Think on it.

I agree.

Solaris said:
I dont know the name of one person who has died in Iraq.
I doubt many people do.

Still doesn't mean you need to be selfish and be an ass when everyone else is trying to have a moment of silence. I could care less if anyone has a moment of silence for this thread(hell...I wont) but if say your in school and they call for a moment of silence and you and your friend talk through it...I hope someone hits you in the face.

I laughed during moments of silence in school. Not because I wanted to, but because it was like the silence provoked and tempted me into doing so. And I always lost.

Absinthe said:
I laughed during moments of silence in school. Not because I wanted to, but because it was like the silence provoked and tempted me into doing so. And I always lost.

And you probably always found yourself getting beat up in school as well. :naughty:

Glirk Dient said:
Still doesn't mean you need to be selfish and be an ass when everyone else is trying to have a moment of silence. I could care less if anyone has a moment of silence for this thread(hell...I wont) but if say your in school and they call for a moment of silence and you and your friend talk through it...I hope someone hits you in the face.

I like.

SilentKilla said:
And you probably always found yourself getting beat up in school as well. :naughty:

No, not really. Not at all, come to think of it.

Absinthe said:

I remember me and my friends completely losing control in high school because some fat kid farted during a 3 minute silence for a local death or somesuch :rolleyes:

jondy said:
I remember me and my friends completely losing control in high school because some fat kid farted during a 3 minute silence for a local death or somesuch :rolleyes:

When a fat kid farts during a moment of silence, at least 70% of the people in the room are then condemned to Hell as a result.

Absinthe said:
When a fat kid farts during a moment of silence, at least 70% of the people in the room are then condemned to Hell as a result.

Dammit! I hate when fat kids condemn me to eternal torment!:O

You're only condemned if you laugh. Which I'm sure you do. Deep down inside, no matter how hard you try, an evil little gnome is chuckling.

Absinthe said:
You're only condemned if you laugh. Which I'm sure you do. Deep down inside, no matter how hard you try, an evil little gnome is chuckling.

Deep down my ass, I have the unfortunate tendency to just burst out in insane laughter. Curse my mirthful soul!

Glirk Dient said:
Sorry, I'm trying to actually save some lives and get people to understand that the pro war arguments are complete bs. You on the other hand are arguing for the war, and for our continued presence in Iraq. This is costing lives, and I hold you accountable along with all you other rightwingers for all the deaths caused by our continued occupation.

What you do you are responcable for, being quiet won't make it otherwise, we all have to act and should be judged by our actions.

Solaris said:
Sorry, I'm trying to actually save some lives and get people to understand that the pro war arguments are complete bs. You on the other hand are arguing for the war, and for our continued presence in Iraq. This is costing lives, and I hold you accountable along with all you other rightwingers for all the deaths caused by our continued occupation.

What you do you are responcable for, being quiet won't make it otherwise, we all have to act and should be judged by our actions.

I'm not saying anything about the war. I am saying you should have respect for those who have died. It only takes a small amount of your time and means so much to the families who won't have their child home for christmas this year. Oh wait...I forgot...you might not look "cool" in front of your friends if you respect something that is done in school. Maybe you and your friends can go do something else cool like not listen to teacher, smoke weed and burn flags.

Glirk Dient said:
I'm not saying anything about the war. I am saying you should have respect for those who have died. It only takes a small amount of your time and means so much to the families who won't have their child home for christmas this year. Oh wait...I forgot...you might not look "cool" in front of your friends if you respect something that is done in school. Maybe you and your friends can go do something else cool like not listen to teacher, smoke weed and burn flags.
Oh no, I'm all for remebering thoose people that have died, but I like to think I do things to prevent further death. I don't smoke weed, though I probably would join in with some good old fashiond flag burning.

While I have a lot of sympathy for those who lost loves ones in wars / disasters, I do not think holding silence is of any use. I do, however, donate to relief efforts for disasters and help with fundraising

Llama said:
While I have a lot of sympathy for those who lost loves ones in wars / disasters, I do not think holding silence is of any use. I do, however, donate to relief efforts for disasters and help with fundraising

It may not mean much to you but it means a whole lot more than you can imagine to those who have been affected by the loss.

Glirk Dient said:
It may not mean much to you but it means a whole lot more than you can imagine to those who have been affected by the loss.
While that may be true, it still isn't doing anything. Don't cure the symptoms, cure the problem itself.

No it doesn't but it still means a lot to those who are suffering from the tragedy. Makes everything a lot better for them to know others are with them and recognize what has happened.

Back