Monitor in Steam showed 'Half-Life 2 Movies'

Adam

Reaction score
I just clicked monitor and changed it to 1 day to see if Steam downloaded anything during the past day, and 'Half-Life 2 Movies' Showed up for a few seconds then disapeared. I don't think this was a movie download, but I believe some kind of update for whatever plays the movies in Steam itself. Because it was very small. Maybe it was just a bug, but still thought I'd post this, incase it showed up for anyone else.

Steam will occasionally update itself with new banner ads.

Well that makes sense. Perhaps there will be an ad about Half-Life 2 lol

lol

It'll just be an ad from one of the content hosts.

Saying 'out on the 30th of the 9th' hopefully!

or 'Out on the 12th of Never" :s

"Comming to a store near you! Sept 30th! Click HERE to preorder!"

"There is no 'I' in Team Fortress 2: Brotherhood Of Arms."

Then you get to the site and it says: "This item will be dispatched on December 12th 2003"

Then, having the common sense to ignore it, you go to the forums to see what's new and you see 20,000 delay threads and I eat 20,000 mothers. Mmmm tasty.

Then you notice that the title of the item was 'CS:Condition Zero' not 'Half-Life 2' and the 20,000 delay threads die out, and are replaced by 20,000 "OMG Condition Zero was delayed because of HL2!" threads.

Didnt upgrade anything for me :/

Though I'm waiting 2 weeks for a new movie :(
still same old movies ..well maybe they added a hidden button to download hl2. :)

My steam preloaded some new HL2 movie a few days ago. It was defintiely a preload because I went on at nearly full capacity for more than an hour, and it said "Half-Life2 movies" :)

Now I'll just stay put and wait for them to unlock it so I can watch it in all it's glory...

Originally posted by Adam
Then you notice that the title of the item was 'CS:Condition Zero' not 'Half-Life 2' and the 20,000 delay threads die out, and are replaced by 20,000 "OMG Condition Zero was delayed because of HL2!" threads.

"OMG Condition Zero was delayed because of HL2!"

Change too

"OMG HL2 was delayed because of Condition Zero!"

and theres no I in TEAM but there is an M and E.

. :)

Originally posted by Gordon'sFreeman
"OMG Condition Zero was delayed because of HL2!"

Change too

"OMG HL2 was delayed because of Condition Zero!"

and theres no I in TEAM but there is an M and E.

. :)

damn you

Lol :D

As long as HL2 is realised, I wouldn't care if CS-CZ burned in the fires of release date hell :D

Wrong forum, by the way.

Back