Monitor reviews

crabcakes66

Reaction score
Anyone know of any good websites that review new monitors....im having a hard time finding a decent one......CRT's are what im looking for.

Im not sure if i want to go with a 21" or 19" .....i havent looked at monitors in about 2 years...so i need to educate myself.

Any opinions or suggestions are welcome.

ehh, i think 21" are too big. Unless you get a 21" with a 19"view. Mine is a 19" with a 17" view and it dosnt really seem that small....

Well it matters how far you put your monitor away from you.I have a 19inch(17 inch view) thats like a foot away from my face and it seems perfect.If you have the money just go for the 21".

Originally posted by [Hunter]Ridic
ehh, i think 21" are too big. Unless you get a 21" with a 19"view. Mine is a 19" with a 17" view and it dosnt really seem that small....

Not really. A bigger monitor is usually always better, especially if you play games or watch DVD's on it.

19 inch is all ya really need, no one runs games at reses bigger then 1600X1200

i dont even know why ppl run games at 1600x....the only game i run higher than 1024x is hl, and it have that at 1280x.

Originally posted by bx|ch3f_0z
It's funny running diablo2 at 1600...but thats about it.
Here's a good deal on aviewsonic

Eww its ugly. I got a A70F+ on sale at compUSA friday. Ive always had a 17" monitor, its fine for me. I dont run games any higher then 1024x768... so i could care less.

I have a Samsung SyncMaster 1200NF (22").. I love this damn thing, one of the best buys I've ever made.

I had a NEC/Mitsubishi 22" before this one and it was horrible. I had it replaced twice, then switched to Samsung. The picture quality of the NEC monitor was always a bit blurry, the size and geometry settings were limited and If I remember correctly there was no convergence settings, or there might have been one that was also limited. The colors were always very dark, If you turned up the brightness the colors were bleached too much.

My friend has a 21" Dell.. It has nice sharpness and convergence but the colors are way too dark on his monitor as well.. They look "bleached" cause he has to turn brightness upp to almost 100%.

If you buy a new CRT monitor, make sure you get one with flatscreen Trinitron or Diamondtron technology. Trinitron is made and used by Sony, however their monitors are a bit expensive, but excellent. Diamondtron is used by most other brands..

I highly recommend the Syncmaster 1200NF.. Incredible colors, very sharp picture quality and the interactive menu with limitless settings is more then what you could ask for.. Keeping the price in mind.

A very old picture taken of my 1200NF... (My desktop looks way cooler now btw ;))

Picture of 1200NF.. Warning, very large picture.

Hmm looking at prices ...i think i will have to wait. I only have around 500$ to spend, and i want a monitor that will last me 4-5 years atleast.

The 1200nf got some good reviews and is priced pretty reasonably.

ill have to save another few hundred bucks.... and make a decision then.

im tired of my 17incher....

Samsung Syncmaster 955DF 19" (18" Viewable) Flat CRT is what I have. Fairly cheap, $210 on newegg. It's an EXCELLENT monitor to say the least. I have had it for 2 months now and it is a dream. It's almost as big as my tv, it looks sexy as hell, and it's very...very well built.

You should be plenty happy with a NEC/Mitsubishi or Samsung 19" Flat CRT. I know I am ^_^

Originally posted by Miasma
You should be plenty happy with a NEC/Mitsubishi or Samsung 19" Flat CRT. I know I am ^_^
Same here.I have a Samsung 19in and I'm happy with it.If you do get a new monitor go with Samsung.High Quality :cheers:

yeah seems samsung consistantly gets good reviews.....now...i just have to find a 21" for under 500$

i still dont know why the prices jump from 250$ or less for a good 19" to 500$+ for a nice 21"

i may have to go for a 19" .....so whats the best 19" i can buy for under 350$?

Are you talking about a 19" with a 17" view, or a 21" with a 19" view?

Originally posted by [Hunter]Ridic
Are you talking about a 19" with a 17" view, or a 21" with a 19" view?

19" are 18" view ...and 21" are 20" view

Crab how bout an NEC 19" FE991SB-BK? Its got good reviews, and price is $260

Alright i found a 21" samsung 1100DF for 400$ (i can actaully afford it yay! :) ) ...if anyone has a reason for me not buy it please let me know.

Those samsung flat CRTs are always cheap. Users gave them all crappy reviews.

just got a viewsonic e90f

great monitor and dirt cheap
perfectly clear and big lots of features

Originally posted by Sgt.Igneri
Those samsung flat CRTs are always cheap. Users gave them all crappy reviews.

well i looked at the reviews for this particular model...and its supposed to be good for the price.

I ordered a 21" samsung 1100DF ...should be here in a week or so.

Back