Monitors not working correctly

UK_Karlos

Reaction score
Ive got a few wall mounted monitors around my map, but they dont work correctly.
Eg. My small TV only sees about 1/4 of whats on the camera (FOV 90) but my realy big combine monitor has about 10 screens inside it. How do i fix this problem..
Screenshots coming soon

why are screenshots "coming soon"? why not just post them with the thread so we know what you're talking about and can actually help you?

Scale the texture...

ive tried scaling the texture, and nothing happens. Could one possiblity be because there are multiple screens sharing the same camera

No.

Select the texture of screen and press fit. Scaling is your trouble.

Multiple screens can share camera, not a problem.

I will try that but here is a screenshot at last.

Attachments

• HL2 TV.JPG
    HL2 TV.JPG
    52.2 KB · Views: 188
  • HL2 Monitor.JPG
    HL2 Monitor.JPG
    75.3 KB · Views: 179
i tried the texture scale by pressing the button fix. It works on 2 monitors but there is one that just wont work. might delete it and start again with it.
Thanks...

fix? Fit is what you want.

Make sure that you only have the side that actually is supposed to something textured with the monitor texture, and no others.

also, you may want to select the "face" box, sometimes the image projected be the camera can be reversed as well if the texture is "world".

btw there are three monitor textures. which is the correct one? or do they all have different effects, like distortion or static or whatever?

btw there are three monitor textures. which is the correct one? or do they all have different effects, like distortion or static or whatever?

I think they do.
For the big combine monitor u see at the start of Half-Life 2 the texture(dev_combinemonitor_2) has a blue blur effect as to (dev_monitor) for a TV has no effect. The static or snow i think is an overlay infront of the camera or it could be a texture for a monitor i dont realy know..

They all have different effects... I believe they are listed somewhere although I forget where.

There are at least 13 monitor textures, and the one with the clearest picture is dev_comintmonitor1a.

And i do believe that dev_monitor does not work at all. Not certain tho.

Back