MONSTERS INC 2 WHY HAS THIS NOT BEEN POSTED YET

No, no, Ratatouille is great, watch it.
I know, I've heard this enough times that I know it can't be bad, it just never really piqued my interest. I'll definitely have the time to watch it sometime this summer.
Ratatouille and Finding Nemo are both very good. Pixar's worst films were A Bug's Life and Cars.
I agree with all opinions expressed in this post (Antz wins).
You should be banned for this.
Sorry dude, it's quite true. I mean, it's good, don't get me wrong. But it just messes up on several details and the themes and characters never quite come together completely. Don't get me wrong, it hurts me to say stuff like this. The villain of this movie is an aged adventurer who collects the remains of mythical creatures and ancient cultures and does all this in an airship. If you told me about this guy I would watch any movie he was featured in at all. But oh wait, talking dogs. Yeah, Up is overrated.

Yes, talking dogs automatically makes a movie bad. Good point. :upstare:

Cars is ok, not great, but not bad either. Oddly enough, I feel the same way about The Incredibles. It was just... boring for me. I really liked the beginning though, kind of reminded me of Kurt Vonnegut's short story Harrison Bergeron. But then it quickly focused mostly on just the adventure, which I found kind of boring. Up is a good movie, but like Sheepo mentioned, it had those ****ing dogs. Who talked. Pretty much annoyed me anytime they were on screen, especially the lead dog who had the high pitch voice (that joke went on way too long). Bugs life was ok, again, nothing great, but fun to watch.

The rest of the Pixar collection (Toy Story 1 & 2, Ratatouille, Wall*E, Finding Nemo, and Monsters Inc) are by far my favorites. Can't say that I'm excited about Cars 2, but a sequel to Monsters Inc is fine by me. Not all Pixar films are gems, but if their "worst" film is Cars, then its safe to bet that a sequel to Monsters Inc will be, at the very least, fun and entertaining.

Saying a film is "overrated" is worthless.
Do you happen to know people who thing it's the best film ever by 10000% and you just think it's very good? Or do you think it's atrocious and most people think it's just OK? Or is it anywhere in the range between?

Well mostly because Monsters, Inc wasn't that good in the first place.
Utterly redundant me saying so by now, but you clearly have no soul.
They didn't make the movie bad, but they did have a significant negative effect.

Anyway; meh Pixar sequels.

Only worthwhile opinion in the thread.

STOP USING THIS WORD IT MAKES YOU SOUND LIKE A HIPSTER FAGET.

Also Ratatouille was great, Up was not. I have spoken.

If you don't think it significantly dropped in quality based on those ****ers, you're kidding yourself. And like I said, the film's meaning and impact never really comes together, which is definitely a problem.
Do you happen to know people who thing it's the best film ever by 10000% and you just think it's very good? Or do you think it's atrocious and most people think it's just OK? Or is it anywhere in the range between?
Well it's not that hard to determine if you read my posts. Up ranges from okay to pretty good, but a great many people think it's fantastic and one of Pixar's best.
Up was not.
Yep.

How was Toy Story 3? Seemed under-advertised actually.

He has a soul! It just takes a different form in our dimension.

I wasn't aware Toy Story 3 was out. So... I'm probably going to have to see that soon.

Apparently, Sid is in Toy Story 3 according to the credits, but it wasn't all that obvious to me.

EDIT: Found this link, which explains where Sid is among other easter eggs. Obviously spoiler laden.

monsters inc was memorable because of billy crystal and john goodman. I have kids so I'll see it regardless

still waiting for news about a sequel to the incredibles

I cried too ;(

people i know cried with up and apparently toy story 3 does it aswell

what's up with pixar recently? O_O

They've been making me cry since the pre-credit sequence of Finding Nemo.

Pixar is a horrible monster that feeds on the tears of children.

Pixar causes cancer so that it's slightly easier for them to make children cry at movies.

I wonder what Monsters 2 would be about. They would have to tweak the world or situation to make it interesting for a new movie but it would be pretty funny still with Goodman and Crystal. The first one had a simple story but was very funny.

I can't say I'm as excited to watch Monsters Inc before I go to pop in the disc as say Incredibles but Monsters always ends up being very entertaining to watch. Can't say that with most 'cartoon' movies. I would be fine if I never saw Cars again.

What is this guy working on? This original project...

Having (finally) seen Wall-E, I must agree that it is by far the best movie Pixar has done. I still haven't seen Up yet, though. Or Toy Story 3 for that matter.

I can absolutely recommend watching Up, very moving film. Well, aside from the awful idea to give the alpha dog that rediculous voice.

Also I agree that Monsters Inc does not need a sequel. They solved the problem from the first one (shortage of screams, replaced by the more powerful laughter), so I dunno where they can take it from there. I have faith though.

It's all downhill after the first 10 minutes of Up (although the hill's slant is very shallow, so it remains quite high, but downhill nonetheless).

I was about to refute because I forgot how family movies are only allowed high brow humor!

(I thought all of the dogs were funny, I must be a cretin)

I can absolutely recommend watching Up, very moving film. Well, aside from the awful idea to give the alpha dog that rediculous voice.

Also I agree that Monsters Inc does not need a sequel. They solved the problem from the first one (shortage of screams, replaced by the more powerful laughter), so I dunno where they can take it from there. I have faith though.
Human intervention?

I would much much rather have a sequel to The Incredibles than Monsters Inc.
THE UNDERMINERRRRR... or maybe not because that seemed too silly but I'd go for anything they came up with just to see more the family kicking ass.

Also, why all the hate for A Bug's Life? I'll never understand it! ;(

I guess Pixar have figured out nostalgia sells.

In the next 10 years we'll prolly be seeing Finding Nemo 2, The Incredibles 2, Ratatouille 2, WALL-E 2 & UP 2.

But seriously this is good news, but I hope Pixar continue with original ideas.

Back