Morbid thread of the day, sorry

MoJo|Night

Reaction score
A few months back a lad with cancer or a tumour posted on here in a thread about delays because previous delays were stretching the game release beyond the time he thought he had left.

I can't remember his name and I know it's pretty off topic but I was just wondering how he was. Anyone know?

Well if it is true then I hope that he is still around to play it.

If not...heaven has its benefits you know, like no preloads of steam are ever locked!

Dear God....I hope we get video games in heaven...if not, I aint goin

Im sorry as well, and as well i got kidney problems, now im on dialasis 4 times a day every and they said to me in March that if i hadnt gone into hospital the Friday Afternoon when i did they said that i might have died because all my body funtions would have shut down not working properly because of my kidney and all my chemicals in my body like calcium patassium etc was all up or down they wernt normal as they should be + i dont have a left 1 as well so that made it worse and the 1 i do have only working the5th as it should had been, buts its getting better now and hopefully ill be on a transplant list soon.

good look

The cancer guy last posted October 15th.

skipper said:
Im sorry as well, and as well i got kidney problems, now im on dialasis 4 times a day every and they said to me in March that if i hadnt gone into hospital the Friday Afternoon when i did they said that i might have died because all my body funtions would have shut down not working properly because of my kidney and all my chemicals in my body like calcium patassium etc was all up or down they wernt normal as they should be + i dont have a left 1 as well so that made it worse and the 1 i do have only working the5th as it should had been, buts its getting better now and hopefully ill be on a transplant list soon.

good look

Damn skipper that's rough. Get well soon.

what i just don't understand is why he posted on a forum that there is the possibility of a terminal cancer on him... haven't read the thread from the beggining, but i have leakaemia and i don't tend to "brag" about it...even though it is a mainstream desease.. i really don't understand..

im sorry if its true i really am.

but im thinking along the lines of the guy who posted above (Tarkus)

I thought about that guy today as well, really weird. I hope he's doing good, i wish he'd come back if possible to tell us. :eek:

let's set up a paypal account for him and donate so he gets a kickass PC to play HL² on, good idea?

Tarkus said:
what i just don't understand is why he posted on a forum that there is the possibility of a terminal cancer on him... haven't read the thread from the beggining, but i have leakaemia and i don't tend to "brag" about it...even though it is a mainstream desease.. i really don't understand..

As I remember it it was a thread started by a guy who had a plane flight and morbidly thought of how much it would suck to die before Half-Life 2 came out.

Then the guy with cancer said something along the lines of "Well, I really might not be :("

It was on topic, as such (if you see what I mean), and he didn't just randomly bring it up.

EDIT - All the best to you and him, by the way.

chipmunk, that has to be one of the nicest things I've ever seen posted on a board. I would chip in to that one.

Beazil said:
chipmunk, that has to be one of the nicest things I've ever seen posted on a board. I would chip in to that one.

count me in!!! :thumbs:

I'd chip in a little towards buying the guy a game or something, as a random act of goodwill.

i'm dieing from a world full of opression and a president that kills it's own citizens, valve, i need this game before bush starts world war III, please!!!!

exoeight said:
i'm dieing from a world full of opression and a president that kills it's own citizens, valve, i need this game before bush starts world war III, please!!!!

I think you're disqualified from ever playing the game as you seem incapable of spelling or punctuating the simplest words I can think of ("it's" being a really good example).

Glad to know he's still posting pretty recently. I can't speak for the lad in question but when one of my best mates died from cancer rather than accept gifts he asked for money to go to cancer research instead to help others instead of him. That might be a more fitting response.

Maybe Vivendi and valve can stop sueing each other and give the money to cancer research instead ;-)

Get well soon Tarkus and Skipper too btw

Count me in. i´ll throw some Swedish Pesos his way too...

he said he has cancer, not that he's poor ....

Subz said:
he said he has cancer, not that he's poor ....

Yes, let us not do nice things for anyone ever.

Way to totally miss the issue.

Cancer and AIDS/HIV medicines are one of the largest profitable areas today, along with oil etc. Just imagine how hard it is for a family without healthcare to support a sick child with the nescecarry means to sustain a worthy way of life.. I will gladly chip in :)

Id be happy to put sometihn in :p. BUt if he sold his computer, ithink he needs a new one :S.

Just a question (not trying to be rude) but it is true right?

Back