MORE computer help...

Azrael.

Reaction score
Alright, once again, I'm posting because I have a weird problem I can't seem to answer. I just built this new comp (Thermaltake case, ABIT mobo, Corsair ram, amd athalon 3800+, etc) and it seems like everything that could have gone wrong did. Building this computer has been one of the most frustrating and enraging expieriences of my life (yes it is my first time building.) It almost seems worth it to just spend the extra money on something ridiculous like an alienware so I don't have a stroke from all this built up rage... :flame:

Anyways, here's the weird problem I'm having now. What happened was when I first got XP installed, I was putting all the drivers on it. My stupid ass friend was on installing the XP drivers, and did the automatic update while he was downloading the update off the Microsoft site. So this caused me some hardcore crashing problems and I reinstalled windows and reinstalled most of my drivers that needed to be installed (catalyst 4.7, mobo drivers, XP). Everything seemed to be working fine and I could boot up and play farcry, etc. But now I'm having some weird crashes on apps like aim and sometimes on explorer. Instead of making a clicking sound when it crashes, the monitor just goes blank and stops recieving a signal. I can't seem to make it through the PCPitstop full tests either. Anyone have any idea of what I can do to resolve this weird crashing error? (Aside from formatting the disk and reinstalling everything which is what I'm tempted to do...) :angry:

Thanks for your help.

Yeah, I get that problem, screen going black but computer still running once every two weeks and random times. I wrote ATI about that but didn't get back an answer.

Do you still have the problem? How did you fix it? It's like the computer is still running perfectly and the monitor just randomly stops getting a signal... I'm starting to maybe think it's my monitor since it's an older dell... But then again it could be my XP drivers still conflicting...

Back