More gamespot stupidity...

Originally posted by Sashq
In Germany today there was a news flash that told HL2 will be released in Februar 2004. That news comes from a serious PC newspaper in Germany. They told that was an confirmation from Gabe Newell!!
I hope it isn`t true guys...! I cross my fingers for 30 Sept. !
(Sorry for my bad english)

It's unlikely. I mean, they would've gone from "All content is done, we are only play testing" to "We're going to release the game in 5 months". It's a long time, considering that they are only play testing.

But an interesting pattern has emerged. Everyone who claims they know someone in Vivendi says that Vivendi says "Feburary 2004". It's weird.

I mean, it could all be conincidence but who knows.

Its more likely that a whole bunh of people just latched on the February BS and decided to run with it.

Originally posted by Feath
But an interesting pattern has emerged. Everyone who claims they know someone in Vivendi says that Vivendi says "Feburary 2004". It's weird.

Ahem, i know three people in Vivendi:

Amy Farris - Head US PR

Chrystina Woody - a US PR

and Fraser Nash - Head UK PR

They all say the game is still on track for september 30th - here is one piece of proof:

http://www.freewebs.com/tastyweat

Originally posted by Feath

Not that Gamestop's opinion counts for anything, but the manager at the Gamestop where I pre-ordered HL2 was arguing with me about the release date.

He said that their Vivendi rep told them they were worried that HL2 might not ship before the end of thier fiscal year which is March 2004.
He also said Feburary 2004 as their lastest updated release date.

Then again, there's the email from Gabe about Sept 30th!

I swear I've never seen THIS much confusion before a game release in all my years of gaming.

Half life 2 is being called (the actual game) the standard by which dx9 effects are to be judged, so in usual Newell style wouldnt it be ironic if the game was released on sept 30th (as it no doubtedly will) and the press misunderstood what he meant.

or could be the other way around
who knows

Benchmark is good enough. If they release the game it would spoil the story.

Originally posted by RhapSidious
I swear I've never seen THIS much confusion before a game release in all my years of gaming.
There would't be so much confusion if people would just listen to the facts rather than rumor and unfounded speculation. And the fact is, Valve has repeatedly said the game will be on store shelves September 30 with a simultaneous Steam release the same day.

Back