MORE good news for ati radeon users!!

nvidia doesnt suck... but ATI dominates them in quality and reliability. I've had 2 geforce cards and now 2 ati cards. I'm prolly lookin into an radeon 9800 pro or if another is around christmas i'll wait to get the newest. :)

I'm not a fanboy, I accept that the new line of ATi cards are as good if not better than the current nVidia cards. I was just making fun of the way ATi worded the statement, sounded as if they were promising they would actually try working on the drivers this time.

Originally posted by Chris_D
Immature tossers

"Ugh, you like coke better than pepsi, you fan boy"

Groweth uppeth

pshh...pepsi sucks

is it just me or is it becoming obvious that radeon 9000-9200 is the same exact card with 1-2 added features in 9200? Because they both didn't work on pba bowling 2001 so I took them back one at a time until i said, "what the heck" and got the radeon 9800. All of sudden the raining stopped, the cloudes disappeared, the sun came out and the damn thing worked!

It's like that ole saying about buying a gm car, always get top of the line cause that's the car that will last the longest!

Originally posted by handsomeplzer

It's like that ole saying about buying a gm car, always get top of the line cause that's the car that will last the longest!

Hehehe, that reminds me of this pic.
magnumforce.jpg

lmfao anthrax...

but ya i think that anything above a radeon 8500 is reliable!

After what nVidia did to 3DFX cards I'm very burnt by them.

When nVidia brought out 3DFX I had a still very good Voodoo5 5500 card. nVidia didn't support anymore drivers or nothing so slowly the V5 became no more and I had to trow it out once Windows XP was released.

So I'm ATI all the way. I don't like companies that have no customer service...

I am so excited for Half-Life 2, because I just got an ATI Radeon 9800 Pro. So damn happy!! All those lovely DX9 features plus the same quality and performance as seen on the E3 vids. Sorry to brag, but its nice to know that you have the same card that the head hauncho of Valve has installed on his home computer.

Saying they will be so innovative and good *could* be a marketing scheme by ATI... Cause Nvidia is soon going to release the 50.xx drivers, of which they say the same :)

If anyone wants to know the difference in Nvidia VS ATI driver release note check this out:

ATI:
"Pixel Shader processing has been enhanced across all of our DX9 products. As a result, certain PS 2.0 ShaderMark tests are now running as much as 12% faster."
"Unreal Tournament 2003 performance is up considerably for DX9 products running with Anti-Aliasing enabled. This is due to improvements in the driver code for rendering character shadows. For example, the Anubis botmatch test gains as much as 23%
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: The UT2003 FlyBy tests do not contain any characters, and therefore will not show this effect. Real game play, however, will certainly benefit."

Nvidia:
30% SPEED INCREASE OF PREVIOUS DRIVER VERSIONS*

*Based on using a Geforce FX 5600 running Unreal Tournament 2003

And that was the driver version that completely fuxed up AF on JUST the 5600, there was no difference in any of the other Nvidia cards, speed was EXACTLY (on the fps) same whether it was a G4ti or a 5900 :p

Lyrids you aren't a fanboy, maybe a troll would be accurate.

First off you come into an Ati thread when you don't own an Ati card just to insult driver enhancements. That is classic troll syndrom.

Secondly, your defense for nvidia's performance enhancements for their drivers "means as opposed to whatever generic drivers Windows installs for you." ROTFL I am going to give you the benefit of the doubt that you actually knew what you were saying was pure BS and you aren't that dumb.

Thirdly, anyone who doesn't agree with you gets labeled a 'fanboy' in a trollish attempt to make the person believe they are the problem not you. LOL

You are a case book troll. haha

Well, my 2 cents: I stayed away from ATI ever since they promised opengl support for my rage II + card that I paid a bundle for (waaay back in the day...)
I have gone with 3dfx and nvidia ever since. I was very impressed with nvidia (and still am), but I took the plunge and bought a 9800 pro....

And I couldn't be happier..
Except for the lack of 3d glasses support from ATI, but hopefully they will release something.

oki, I just got a pretty new pc, will halflife 2 run at 1280x1024 with all settings maxed out with this setup?.....

P4 3.06ghz
1gig ddr 3200mhz
ati 9700 pro gcard
creative audigy2 sound card
creative inspire 6.1 speakers

pls dont flame me......... arghhh it burns....*nippy's head turns 360 degrees*

Originally posted by Nippy_Kangaroo
oki, I just got a pretty new pc, will halflife 2 run at 1280x1024 with all settings maxed out with this setup?.....

P4 3.06ghz
1gig ddr 3200mhz
ati 9700 pro gcard
creative audigy2 sound card
creative inspire 6.1 speakers

pls dont flame me......... arghhh it burns....*nippy's head turns 360 degrees*
Once again, nope it wont run. Zero chance. Windows wont run either. You wont even be able to start the computer. Hell, what computer? You aint even got a case :p

Originally posted by dawdler
Once again, nope it wont run. Zero chance. Windows wont run either. You wont even be able to start the computer. Hell, what computer? You aint even got a case :p

LoL... in other words, Of course it will run at max, you moron :D

You can run a computer without a case... but I'd like to see someone try to run one without a motherboard.

Originally posted by DjBourgeoisie
5jdgstride.jpg

All of these people are running without motherboards, PWNED!!! :afro:

LMAO ... nice one :cheese:

Originally posted by DjBourgeoisie
5jdgstride.jpg

All of these people are running without motherboards, PWNED!!! :afro:
Wouldnt surprise me if the drivers cheat and give them a ride from time to time.

Originally posted by Tredoslop
What does tossers mean? I know it's a British term, I heard someone say it in: Ocean's Eleven

wanker, masterbator etc

I'm only going to say this once:
It is spelled masturbate... not masterbate.

I REALLY want to build my PC into my desk...

that would be cool....

Originally posted by OCybrManO
I'm only going to say this once:
It is spelled masturbate... not masterbate.

i am truely sorry

It's not just you.

If it was one person I wouldn't say anything... but I've seen it misspelled almost a dozen times in the past week on these forums alone.

YAY.. another dumb ati VS nvidia thread. this is great... NOT!!

not to pursuade one way or another. but back in the day i bought an ati rage fury 32mb TOP OF THE LINE ati card and had NOTHING BUT TROUBLE WITH IT! When i called ati for technical support on the multiple crashes and system hangs they said" Well we are aware of many issues with out cards however there is nothing we can do for you at this time" I have never again purchased any ATI product, NOR WILL I. I'll stick with my sturdy nvidia "piece of crap" (as many of you silly ati lovers call them) video card. I've NEVER had any incompatibility or graphics hang ups on my nvidia cardS, so there :p

:cheese:

Er..uh..you do know that just about any video card(or hardware,acutally) will be as buggy as hell until some good drivers come out for it(usually in 1-2 months). Plus, ATI has gotten alot better(never judge on 3+ year old cards for a company. Hell, look at a Geforce Ti 4800,and now look at a FX 5600 ultra..yeah,get my point?).

Originally posted by rootbin
well just about every driver release nvidia claims a 50% increase in performance, which is definately a marketing scheme :\

Or maybe it means you're making stupid exaggerations as well?...

Originally posted by Deadline
LoL... in other words, Of course it will run at max, you moron :D

how do you know it will run at max everything? you got the game already mate? thought not!!! MORON ::cheese:

Originally posted by illspirit44
ok i aint no fanboy.. ive had my sucky experience with nvidia so thats why i go with ati.. ive had a geforce 2 mx.. and a geforce 4 ti4200 128mb.. and they have worked like crap on my pc.. and after getting my ati radeon 9500 pro 128 mb .. i look at my friends geforce 4 ti4800.. and my card gives much better quality and performance.. so dont call me a fanboy..

It was probably your PC Setup, I have a Geforce 4 ti4200, and my games run pretty well , now i don't know maybe it was software related for you, software related problems piss me off but my geforce 4 ti4200 is pretty good, i have played a lot of games with it and the graphics are pretty nice.

If i get half life 2 and it suxt hen i know that nvidia just sux balls, but im sure when half life 2 is out then my game should look sweet and shit, but if it dont ill just save up and go for an ati 9800 pro 256 mb chip.

i am going top buy that 1 anyways its just too much $$$ right now so i will wait when the prices drop a few hundred.

im out ill be buying a 256 ddr ram chip later to upgrade to 512 total :cool:

Back