• Loath it

Votes: 10 5.4%
  • Undecided

Votes: 27 14.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
C

Cyperion

Do you like the increased gore in HL2? In the the part in the E3 movies with the saw blades, half a human torso is hanging from a tree, with a bit of spine sticking out. Also, in the same scene the demonstrater pulls a blade out of the wall, letting the body it had been pinning to the wall fall to the floor. There is also huge amounts of blood. The tone seems to be creepier (with the quite distrubing humanlike screams of the zombies). Again, do you like this descision? (I personally do, it's more artistic, I do hope they implement a gore code like in HL1 though)

It`s just realistic and it`s FUNNY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yes more gore please... If you dont like the gore dont play the game. Dont be a pussy

The amount of gore should be determined by what "seems" right in HL2. Having arms, torsos, and legs all over the place really isn't a type of thing that makes a game for me (if anything too much gore detracts from the game).

I have no problem with have blood or gibbing or whatever, but do it within reason. I don't have any urge to see a virtual spleen anytime soon. :|

me neither - gore is fun and all, but its not what keeps me playing a game.

It depends what you mean by gore. There's only so far you can go before you feel sick - a gun shot to the head in real like does not look pretty. So did the dismemberment in SoF II - and that wasn't particularly realistic.

Is there gibbing in HL2? I know you could rip someone apart with explosives in HL1, (bones, intestines, skull splattering all over), but can ye do it in HL2?

poseyjmac said:
ill take her bottom half, you can keep the rest

lol
fixations with Alyx eh? :naughty:

bring on the gore machine!! :bounce: :devil:

Its not excessive, yet not underdone. Its well balanced, and I'm perfectly fine. I will however be the first to admit the Soldier of Fortune series was the ultimate stress reliever.

its ok with gore but it must fit into the game, it cant be like postal 2 thats just sick.

I noticed that you can't seem to gib combine soldiers. Gordond did shoot a rocket up a combines ass, and all the soldier did was to... fly

I dont think huge amounts of gore are entirely necessary, but it probably wouldnt stop me playing the game. I would prefer it to be toned down a smidgen.

pain skins and ragdoll are enough for me. but in some extreme circumstances, itd be neat to see a limb detach appropriately. and even cooler it would be to see it have its own ragdoll and physics properties as it flies to its destination.

We havent even seen the full extend of the HL² gore, so how can you put up a poll for it then? Anyway, I voted for "Loath it" because I think the gore we have seen (decapitated zombies and shit) is more then enough, and I dont need to see the guts falling out untill they can actually make it look good and ragdoll teh guts and everything.

I want to be able to totally annihilate someone with my rocket.

I think the zombies are a speacial case for the extreme gore, ravemholm appears to be a horror enviroment, (not that i dont expect there to be other humorously bloody moments), but i dont think it needs to become to gimmicky, ala SOF/2.

gore owns. im a realism type, so the more the merrier, unless its completely exaggerated. so realistic gore is good, but not if blood is like spraying out for 10 minutes :)

games without blood or gore turn me off. Not because I'm a freak, but because it isn't realistic to shoot somebody in the face and nothing happen but them die. I wanna see bullet holes, blood, the whole 9 yards :)

blahblahblah said:
The amount of gore should be determined by what "seems" right in HL2. Having arms, torsos, and legs all over the place really isn't a type of thing that makes a game for me (if anything too much gore detracts from the game).

I have no problem with have blood or gibbing or whatever, but do it within reason. I don't have any urge to see a virtual spleen anytime soon. :|
I agree, if it fits in the HL world...then it's ok with me :)

I think only the zombies will be able to be blown in half etc, since they're.. that way. I don't think you can do the same as he did in the video with a combine soldier, although I think it's pretty cool with much gore.

i dunno, it depends on how queesy the person is. for instance, some people can watch all those types of surgery shows while eating breakfast, while others cant even look at surgery for two seconds without getting sick. I think the ideal situation is to make several levels of gore, and let the user choose the level they want based on some description. (ie no gore (obvious), little gore (just small blood), medium gore (more blood, some dismemberment) full gore(the works :) )

thatd be cool, and you could please everyone.

I like to be able to dismember the zombies and have the troops harder to gib.(though i still like the three hearts in a troop gibbing in the original)

You can turn off the blood and gibbing in HL1 with the content lock. I imagine it'll be the same for HL2, but maybe with settings for different levels of gore if we're lucky.

crushenator 500 said:
ditto. gore owns :D

[ps, i liked both sof1/2 and the postal 2 demo]

SOF1/2 fuking roks man..........both parts are awsome.Yemmy Blood :x

i really think there is actually less gore in hl2. more realistic gore of course, but less overall(from what ive seen) in hl you could cover an entire 4x4 ft section of wall with a security guards blood from only(lol, only) a double shotgun blast to the face(from like 3 ft. do you remember in the lambda core, the security guard in the little room with the locked door and the window(you break the window to get in, the guard opens the door)? i painted the whole back half(the part away from the window)of that room with his blood before he hit the ground. add complete gibbing, with bits of skulls, especially when the barnacles eat someone, then spew out the guts for like 10 seconds after......i really dont think hl2 is any more gory, we're just all de-sensitzed to the old hl1 style gore.

there is almost no gore except blood.... I want bodies blown in half when they are hit directly by a nade or rpg

More gore than what has been shown in the videos would be good...as long as it stays realistic. Of course, maybe more gore/blood effects will be added last as a final "touch-up" to the game. :D

Implement as much gore as possible.

Then include a content lock as an after-thought.

the gor3 in halflife two is pretty weak it doesnt belong. its like they are tryign to be like doom three but they failed bcuz doom three has way more gor3 and it looks cooler bcuz the zomb1es arent funny like in halflife two. maybe they will change it.

Gibbing and blood decals are a Half Life trademark. They've got to bring it back in some form, as a nod to HL1.

infiltrator, learn english.

Back