More newish concept art

i've seen this picture before though...

btw, if youre wondering what the function of the tower might be, read "1984" by George Orwell

Yeah i've seen that picture before, though not at that resolution. As someone has already said, it's in the official website media section.

And sure enough i tried finding more /secret files. To no avail.

Just a thought:

There's only two pics in that secret directory, Valve is only uploading one by one so we don't find any spoilers. Kind of obvious, tho :p

Yeah I know, but there's always those 'what ifs..." running through my mind.

Waheyyyyy!! Bullsquid status. I had been a Zombie for toooo daaamned lonnngg.

Hey you're almost there too Evil_milk

Heheh, just wait till you have a post count like mine.... :p

It will loose all its meaning by then...... :LOL:

marksmanHL2 :) said:
Heheh, just wait till you have a post count like mine.... :p

It will loose all its meaning by then...... :LOL:

what is a Hydra anyway?

o yeah. I think i need to brush up on my HL2 knowledge.

I have seem it before, but not in this res, thank you.

so do we know that the valve staff are uploading these things directly and then linking them in one forum or another? thats a pretty cool way to give us some goodies to tide us over. im hoping the binks start to be released soon.

I think this would go well in the back round of this pic... don't know if it's possible.

Attachments

• gordon_snow_1024.jpg
    gordon_snow_1024.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 316
I know this isn't very much, but at least it maybe go on someone's background. Picture

Also, it isn't desktop resolution cause I can't really think of what to do with the empty space. So if you want, you can add whatever.

Do you want me to crop it, or add solid color BG, or what?

Make it 1280x1024.

An how about, isntead of overlaying them, making one on the side of the other ?

Sprafa said:
Make it 1280x1024.

An how about, isntead of overlaying them, making one on the side of the other ?

I dunno, I kind of like the overlay. It's a nice touch, especially with the Strider stepping over the cable. Hey EC, why not just fill in the sides with black space so I can see my desktop icons? Eh? ;)

Here's an updated one of the first one, and here's a newer one. Comment ahoy!

Edit: The reason I made them 1600x1200 is so people with a resolution of that size won't complain because I didn't make one big enough. You can easily set this as your background even if you use a smaller screen resolution. It should just resize it for you.

The 1st one is great, as was the other one (since it's just black ribbons on the sides...)

But in the 2nd one, the Tower lost continuity.

btw, my Start bar covers the "Half-life 2" in the bottom, so I put on the HL2 symbol

it's kinda big, I'll reduce it and change sides, but still, you can see it here
StriderInnerCity.jpg

I have tried ever name and character we have seen so far on that page and have not come across any more, anyone found any others?

Sprafa said:
The 1st one is great, as was the other one (since it's just black ribbons on the sides...)

But in the 2nd one, the Tower lost continuity.

btw, my Start bar covers the "Half-life 2" in the bottom, so I put on the HL2 symbol

Thanks.

I know, it was sorta hard to have it fade without putting too much work into it.

Sounds cool. Show us?

Edit: Updated the first one with black stripes to include HL2 logo. Thanks, Sprafa.

Here you go guys, it's not great haven't used PS for ages, but here it is anyway. :p

I made it for 1024 x 768, sorry but I couldn't find enough material to put on it - blending would have spoilt the scenary, so I didn't do that. Hope you like it.

http://www.webpost.net/la/lann/hl2wall.jpg

Awesome pic! *is trying millions of filenames...damn case sensitivity!*

Who was the guy who said they'd eat their comp if we got a new pic? ;)

Looks absolute fine! GJ

OF COURSE I AM ABSOLUTELY BOILING WITH RAGE THAT I WILL HAVE TO STRETCH THIS PIC TO FIT MY COOL AND CRISP 1280x1024 RESOLUTION

...You will pay.

SubKamran said:
Awesome pic! *is trying millions of filenames...damn case sensitivity!*

Why don't you just download one of the brute force programs and try every letter and number?

EC said:
Here's an updated one of the first one, and here's a newer one. Comment ahoy!

Edit: The reason I made them 1600x1200 is so people with a resolution of that size won't complain because I didn't make one big enough. You can easily set this as your background even if you use a smaller screen resolution. It should just resize it for you.
not wanting to be a bitch or anything (i myself couldn't do better), but they aren't very good... just IMO

The Thing said:
That was Sushi...

:LOL:

To be fair, he said he'd eat his computer if Greg indulged us with a new screenshot. But don't get me wrong, I want to see him spread peanut butter on his soundcard and put it between two slices of bread as much as the next guy. :LOL:

SlayeR1 said:
Why don't you just download one of the brute force programs and try every letter and number?

Because I don't want the feds knocking on my door. Someone else can do that :D

Sushi said:
I will eat my computer if valve ends up sending us the screen. It's not gonna happen.

Nope...Valve, not Greg. Come on eat Sushi eat!

Ummm..heheh..

There aren't any loopholes.....

Errmmm...ummmm

*Jedi mind trick*

:rolleyes:

vegeta897 said:
It's great to see a new picture! And a good one at that!

This one is just amazing...

EDIT: Don't ask me WHY I did this...

http://ihost.it-mate.co.uk/users/vegeta897/files/TEH_COMBINE.swf

It just inspired me...

(And btw I did this in 5 minutes, I actually am a good drawer/animator as some of you know)

That is quite good for five minutes. It would take me 5 hours to do that. I'm slow and a bit of a perfectionist. Cool concept art by the way.

Krynn72 said:
Heres a few wallpapers ive made, the last is one i just made with this concept... obviously.

HL2Wall1

HL2Wall3

HL2Wall4

Just a question, where did you get the font for the logo of lambda squared. Or did you edit some logo from another site? Thanks. :)

Back