more nvidia slamming

*Edit* Had to chnage my post or everyone would think i'm an idiot.

doh

i especially like this part

Update: We emailed id Software guru, John Carmack about his experience with NV3x hardware on Pixel Shading performance, and this was his reply:

GD: John, we've found that NVIDIA hardware seems to come to a crawl whenever Pixel Shader's are involved, namely PS 2.0..

Have you witnessed any of this while testing under the Doom3 environment?

"Yes. NV30 class hardware can run the ARB2 path that uses ARB_fragment_program, but it is very slow, which is why I have a separate NV30 back end that uses NV_fragment_program to specify most of the operations as 12 or 16 bit instead of 32 bit."

John Carmack

We asked ATI about how their cards do so well, and this was our reply: ...
LOL! So the authors of the article work for ATI !

Seriously, I'm not questioning the benchmarks and the Radeon 9800pro is indeed fast with PixelShader 2.0, but that article is written like an ATI commercial. Especially this statement:
NVIDIA is more marketing-driven while ATI is sticking to its guns of bringing the best performance to the desktop user bar-none.
That's just their twisted viewpoint. In reality ATI is not santa claus, but a company with similar marketing strategies and goals as NVIDIA. In my opinion GamersDepot should stick to the benchmarks and leave the ATI worshipping out of their articles.

Originally posted by Arno
LOL! So the authors of the article work for ATI !

Seriously, I'm not questioning the benchmarks and the Radeon 9800pro is indeed fast with PixelShader 2.0, but that article is written like an ATI commercial. Especially this statement:

That's just their twisted viewpoint. In reality ATI is not santa claus, but a company with similar marketing strategies and goals as NVIDIA. In my opinion GamersDepot should stick to the benchmarks and leave the ATI worshipping out of their articles.

Hence why I named this thread "more nvidia slamming".

I wouldnt exactly call this an unbiased article. :)

Let's see, tests using on alpha version of doom, a beta version of halo, and one real game (that's been patched).

I'm not saying these tests are crooked, but we need more solid data. Which is why UT 2k3 or Jedi Outcast are more trusted IMO.
However, Jedi Academy uses DirectX 9 and it's coming out very soon (demo released already) so that can be used as well.
But PLEASE no more ATI Vs. Nvidia World War VII - SmashFest. I've seen enough of it. You can't go wrong with either!

Originally posted by Javert
Let's see, tests using on alpha version of doom, a beta version of halo, and one real game (that's been patched).

I'm not saying these tests are crooked, but we need more solid data. Which is why UT 2k3 or Jedi Outcast are more trusted IMO.
However, Jedi Academy uses DirectX 9 and it's coming out very soon (demo released already) so that can be used as well.
But PLEASE no more ATI Vs. Nvidia World War VII - SmashFest. I've seen enough of it. You can't go wrong with either!

1. not true.

2 NEEVVVVAAAARRR!!! :p

rofl jagermeister. Thats my new background for now. I personally love my 9500. Its going to be a while before i upgrade my videocard again though, because the next video card i get will probally be pci-x.

Originally posted by SidewinderX143
care to explain?
Look at his informative post in the "More of the same. Nvidia and dx9". He got a 9800 AND 5900 :eek: I MEAN, WOW!!! ITS LIKE *NONE* OF THE REVIEWERS HAVE EVER HAD THAT KIND OF HARDWARE CAPABILITIES WHEN TESTING????!!! OMFG WE KNOW NOTHING!:eek: :eek: :eek:

And yes, I was sarcastic :dozey:

Update 09/06: We also emailed Gabe Newell from Valve Software about his experience with Pixel Shader Performance:

GD: We've started some initial DX9 Shader tests, and have seen, so far that NVIDIA NV3x hardware has a hard time.. Will it'll be similar w/ the HL2 Benchmark?

"Yep."

Gabe Newell

from the same link, it just got updated.
http://www.gamersdepot.com/hardware/video_cards/ati_vs_nvidia/dx9_desktop/001.htm

Originally posted by KaoS87
wow you people know nothing. rofl.

Thank you for sharing. Now go back to your little office space at nvidia headquarters.

if i let go of this ti4600 im running, i know im not going to ever get a FX series card for an upgrade

Its really to bad......geforce 1,2,3,4, were all awsome cards.......

my next vid card update is either x-mas or march 2004.
i have this g4 ti4200, but id rather upgrade my slow ass computer over my video card.

so im really not trying to hear all this vid card bashing, until im ready for a new one. cause frankly, i dont give a damn :D

Back