More on VAC

Varsity

Reaction score
DougV said:
...it's a surprise...we're definately not going to release it until after I've taken a nice relaxing vacation in preparation to all the "But I didn't cheat...it must have been my brother / sister / mother / uncle / dog / cat / goldfish / ex-girlfriend (that left me because all I ever do is play CS) / friend / mate / ghost that haunts my room / guy that broke in last week / roomate that was mad because I didn't take them on Holiday with me e-mails. Just kidding I don't actually get to take a vacation. VAC is coming and as I said before...you will know when it arrives because you will be the only one left playing on secure servers.
Ooookayy....

VAC II: Judgement Day

asta la vista, baby.

I just wish I could see the looks on their faces when they realise they've lost their steam account because they're f*cking lamers.

God, I would pay so much to see the look on their faces.

Pardon my ignorance, but what exactly is VAC, and what does it stand for?

Valve Anti-Cheat.

It's simple: If you cheat, you cannot play online anymore.

"VAC is coming and as I said before...you will know when it arrives because you will be the only one left playing on secure servers."

I love it!

Doug is a funny man...lol

Can't wait for this man...Now if I can just figure out how to fix my sound in CS:Source...

When it comes to Steam, they most assuredly are.

Can't wait. Doug sounds like a funny guy. My sense of humour too :)

Too damn funny man! :LOL:

Is that quote from the Steam forums.

Isnt that the staged lantrocity vid? It's just a joke. Still funny nonetheless.

Ruroni said:
Isnt that the staged lantrocity vid? It's just a joke. Still funny nonetheless.

Oh I never realized that, looked pretty real to me.

where is the source for this quote? im trying to use this quote to reply in another forum post, but its baseless without a source.

Do you guys think I would be banned for having custom sounds and skins......I just started thinking about this and it's got me kinda worried

You won't get banned for anything like that. There's measures in place for that already and it's a server option that definitely won't ever ban you.

Doug is one funny guy.... I'll give him that. Now just deliver.

VAC2 WHERE ARE YOU?????

Punkbuster?

What the "amazingly awesome" anti-cheat app that keeps kicking me off servers because it can't "communicate" with the master server?

Uh no.

Punkbuster wasn't good for stopping punks anyway... Nor did it lock accounts of serial abusers.

So any bets on how many accounts get banned? I say maybe 50,000.... I mean I bet VAC has been secretly on and monitoring (thats how it works.. it catches you and you don't find out until a week after when they ban the accounts... well thats how VAC1 works) so thus there will be a _ton_ of people getting banned...

Blizzard always has a qicked banning system.....

They did something for D2 before the 1.10 patch. Tons of accounts were banned, literally tons of hacked items(like white rings), and everything gone including duplicates and hexed items. Tons just went by by.

About twice a year they do there own secret sweet through all there games and do big bans.
Gotta love em. Then they announce how many they got after :).

Finally, getting sick of seeing CS hackers everywhere. (blatant speedhackers and wallhackers, possible aimbots)

I love the attitude that nobody at Valve is allowed to be human...

babyheadcrab said:
I love the attitude that nobody at Valve is allowed to be human...
You speak blasphemy! Heretic! Burn him!!! *pitchforks & Torches*

there are gonna be loads of people complaining about closed accounts after it's released :p

and you know what, I'm gonna laugh at them :D

"OMFG STEAM SUX!! PIECE OF SHIT SOFTWARE! I PAYED MONEY TO PLAY THIS GAME AND NWO IT SAYS MY ACCOUNT DOSENT EXIST!!!!1!1! **** VALVE FOR MAKING SHIT!!"

god i see the billions of threads already.....

Back