Morrowind

Reaction score
Morrowind_Dx8.jpg

http://www.pcgameshardware.de/?menu...=-1&image_id=741281&mode=article&overview=yes

I was browsing Digg today, came across an article about video-game water, was browsing the pics, and suddenly this one made me want to play morrowind again. There's nothing special about the pic, but . . . . it brings back memories.

That's why I never stopped playing!

Although since I have SO much mods it makes my computer go slow when I play, so I had to turn the pixel shaders in the water off... It sucks. I hate the non-pixel-shaded water. I need more memory! Bleh!

I liked Morrowind but I was never any good at it. I could never get a really high level person.

Mmmm... Morrowind is classic, have good memories of playing this game.

It looks even better of you download a retexture mod with high-def textures it really makes it more attractive to play.

Although the fighting mechanism in this game kinda sucks.

Mmmm... Morrowind is classic, have good memories of playing this game.

It looks even better of you download a retexture mod with high-def textures it really makes it more attractive to play.

Although the fighting mechanism in this game kinda sucks.

So you're saying it's exactly like Oblivion :p

Minus fast travel and leveling enemies.

EDIT: I want my scrolls of Icarian Fligth again :(

There's nothing special about the pic, but . . . . it brings back memories.

You and me both. Nothing will ever come close to that feeling of being completely lost in immersion. Wow I have so many good memories of that game - I guess that's what made it so good, the sheer number of unique, memorable moments that are literally stumbled upon by accident.

Morrowind was great... much more memorable than Oblivion.

I still didn't love it though, but it was really pretty and immersive.

Might give it a go again, I loved the expansion that had that snow island with bears. Such a good game, those flying things pissed me off though, lol.

I found it so much more playable than Oblivion. So much more to do and so many more items. They said Oblivion has a larger map but most of it was forest.

Anyone have any good recommendations for large story-story mods? I/ve played through the main story + expansions + every single dungeon at least 6 times already. Possibly a good website with MOD ratings and good MOD-search features might work too.

Haha, great game. I remember making literally piles of treasure, then teleporting it all back to that talking mudcrab on one of those islands and selling everything for crazy cash. ^_^

Occasionally in the summer I would play to 7:00 or 8:00 in the moring. :O
Good times.

Haha, great game. I remember making literally piles of treasure, then teleporting it all back to that talking mudcrab on one of those islands and selling everything for crazy cash. ^_^

Occasionally in the summer I would play to 7:00 or 8:00 in the moring. :O
Good times.

You little bastard! I just played till 7:30am :( Oh well, it's still the weekend, so it's MY TIME! :)

planetelderscrolls.gamespy.com <-- seems to be the best MOD resource I could find.

I did have a copy of it somewhere .. I never really got into it though, if I can find it i'll definatly give it another shot.

Hmm... you can pick this up with both expansions for like $20. Hmm.

Hmmmy hmmmy hmmmmmmmmm hmm.

Mmm... I really want to play Morrowind again too.

It's a shame that those ****ing cliff racers drove me almost insane. Whoever designed them is a freakin' sadist.

I cant believe some of you actually just dealt with the cliff racers. The day I got the game I immediately searched for a mod to reduce/get rid of them. There were tons of them out there.

EDIT:

Oh my god WHY. WHY DID YOU POST THAT?! I need to do work, but im not going to be able to focus on it, because I want to play so fcking bad right now.

I started playing again. Used a mod that simplifies leveling, better bodies, a couple face/hair mods, a clothing MOD, and a few others. Once I progress a little further in the game, I'll start looking at some which expand the world. I remember trying Wizard's Island a while ago, but my computer was just way too slow at the time.

There needs to be a mod that does just two things.

[1] eliminates cliffracers
[2] eliminates that annoying sound when the volcano is blowing ash everywhere.

There needs to be a mod that does just two things.

[1] eliminates cliffracers
[2] eliminates that annoying sound when the volcano is blowing ash everywhere.

[1] There is one
[2] There is one

I do wish i could acses mods on morrowing, however i've got it on the xbox so that means vanilla morrowind with the somewhat noteable execeptions of bloodmoon and tribunal

Everyone, make sure to get Julan companion. He's absolutely hilarious and comments about specific things in every situation you're in during the main quest, fighters guild, mages guild etc...

He also comes with his own epic quest and it blends in nicely with the main quest.

Never could fully get into Morrowind due to the horrid combat system.

I could probably give it another chance though.

I have Morrowind and I was enjoying it very much - moreso than Oblivion (although Oblivion had its fair share of goodness).

The only thing I hated was the horridly slow movement. This could be fixed by leveling up, yes, but it really annoyed me. It did make the world much more expansive though.

My question is.... will this work on Vista?

/me researches on teh intarwebz

**** it, going to install aswell and finish it once and for all :)

Linx to those mods would be helpful Krynn :O

I only recently uninstalled this game due to space issues.
Though I may need to install it again when I get Oblivion thanks to this: http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=13347

Holy crap thats amazing.
I just installed morrowind, anyone know of a great retexture mod, or any mod that improves the visuals on a large scale? I also installed Diablo 2 : LOD yesterday just coz a friend asked if I knew any good RPGs and
I just couldnt stop thinking about D2.

Back