Most Anticipated Game of All Time

Which of the following, is the most anticipated game of all time?

• Diablo III

Votes: 2 4.4%
  • Doom III

Votes: 6 13.3%
  • Half-Life 2

Votes: 26 57.8%
  • StarCraft 2

Votes: 5 11.1%
  • Other

Votes: 6 13.3%

• Total voters

ROD

Reaction score
I know that we are all dying for HL2, but vote for the one that you truly believe is the most anticipated game of all time.

Why the f*ck dont they make SC2. is blizzard f*cking retarded? just use the god damn WC3 engine, update it and make starcraft. Is that so f*cking much to f*cking ask?

The thought of the next Perfect Dark gives me a semi :)

Suppose i'm quite looking forward to HL2 aswell.

I guess Blizzard is just too busy making World of Warcraft. They also just updated the patch for Diablo II. It has like half of an expansion pack's worth of content.

I hope (if they make a SC2) they don't make Starcraft 2 a micromanaging RTS like they did with Warcraft 3. It may work for Warcraft, but Starcraft had epic battles and the effect would be lost on the WC3 engine... since it wasn't made for that.

ROD... the Santa Hat?

I voted for Starcraft 2 as the most anticipated because Half-Life 2's already been announced and the release date delayed, so until like two weeks before Half-Life 2's realeased my vote goes to Starcraft 2.

Starcraft is a classic in every sense of the word, both mainstream and cult.

This is not my opinion but I voted Diablo 3 even thought they aren't making one I believe but if they did I believe with would be highly anticipated. Just because of the hundreds of thousands of people that still play it. HL2 to me has just died, its highly anticipated but not as much as it was a few months ago.

I'm shocked and appalled that Starcraft 2 is tied with HL2. And I've got skid marks in my shorts.

Today would not be a good day to die.

starcraft was good, but I didn't enjoy it THAT much. I think hl2 is. except to starcraft fans. or something.

personally i think half life 2 is, but i think the results here might just be a tad biased as this is the hl2 forum :dozey:

I played all the prequels to the games on the poll, and I must say that they are all good. However, when I played StarCraft, I became super obsessed. I just couldn't stop playing it, drawing it, and reading the novels. I also couldn't stop thinking about the storyline. I guess the fact that all my friends played it also influenced me. I once had a battle with my best friend that lasted 3 hours. 3 hours! Since we were at a LAN center, our time expired, and we had to go home. No one won. It was awesome!

It is clear that I voted for StarCraft 2. I actually had to uninstall it to stop playing it. I might just install it right now...

Oh, common, no STALKER choice? Stalker is the most promising game on the horizon.

i voted doom 3 cause blizzard sucks (but they make nice cut scenes) and i still don't see the big deal w/ STALKER or Far Cry (aka: "other") and the HL2 machine has run out of pie.... i mean oil (aka: INFO!!! VALVe.... u FvcK t4RDS!!!! give us sum damn info!)

Heh, Blizzard gives out exclusive screenshots of World of Warcraft to it's fansites. It also updates it's site with info concerning all its current and upcoming games on a regular basis. Valve also does all that... wait no it doesn't.

But Valve's definitely not the worst at supporting its community.

Starcraft was one of the best RTS games ever made (but I still voted for HL2). I have yet to see another RTS game with three or more races so different yet so balanced. Some of my favorite gaming moments were in Starcraft. I loved this one 6 player game we had going at summer school a few years ago. [size=-2]I lost[/size] but I was last to be destroyed and the final battle was huge. It was great fun.

lol @ terminator.. i voted for sc2 also. can you imagine how rabid those people are? everything else pales in comparison.

Goodness. Don't you young whippersnappers know your video game history? (title does say "All Time")

"Zelda 64: Ocarina of Time" and "Final Fantasy VII" hold the top two spots of most pre-orders ever (dunno which order, also depends which fanboy you talk to ;) ). For the PC, I forget, I think it was "Warcraft II" or "Quake III".

But if anyone finds some solid stats, lemme know.

As for the future however, I cast my vote for Half-Life 2.

asian people ruined RTS games for me. They're on crack, all of them :(

The replayability of StarCraft is amazing as well. The UMS (Use Map Settings) levels keep coming out at an amazing rate. I myself have made several of these. The ones I like currently are 'Bunker D' and 'Dodge the Rapist'.

P.S. Wow, I didn't know that Zelda held that record.

Originally posted by ROD
The replayability of StarCraft is amazing as well. The UMS (Use Map Settings) levels keep coming out at an amazing rate. I myself have made several of these. The ones I like currently are 'Bunker D' and 'Dodge the Rapist'.

P.S. Wow, I didn't know that Zelda held that record.

you still don't have a hat. hie ye to photoshop and create one!

and yeah, ums maps are awesome. I love bunker d, evolves, and simpsons madness type of maps the most. they're awesome.

I think Quake was the most anticipated game of all time. I remember it made the local newspaper when the shareware version got released.

I voted for Half-Life2 on your poll but the REAL answer to the question is actually DukeNukem4.

The reason why it's the real answer is because you asked for the most anticipated game of all time and as DN4 has been awaited the longest, ready to be purchased by thousands of gamers who want to relive the sequel to the game that brought them into the online gaming world I'd have to say is the answer you seek.

I was more looking forward to HL2 till afew weeks ago, as of now I think valve can shove it for not telling us ANYTHING, I will buy hl2 when its out of coruse, but right now Im more anticipating doom 3 :)

Back