Most Educational Game you've ever played?

Math-Blaster.
Greatest franchise.

Any game is educational as long as you are bothered to pick up a dictionary whenever you encounter a new word.

I've been doing that for the past couple of years. Actually takes away some of the guilt I had when I was gaming but should have been studying.

I played a load of Zoombinis when I was younger. I think it helped me understand logic and numbers exceptionally well. I just hope that when I have kids, there'll be a game like that for them.

this

in class, if you finished all your work first you had the opputunity to be the one in the class to spend time on... the computer, therefore getting to spend the remaining time of the lesson directing little purple things around a fantasy world of math and whatever else that game was about. making pizza for strange creatures and shit like that.

zoombinis was ****ing ace.

Immune Attack (here). It's got the potential to be such an awesome game too, but uncustomizeable controls make it a little rough for me. Actually, I recently learned some things about white blood cells that I never knew before playing this.

Number Munchers taught me prime numbers. I also played Super Munchers a bit. I challenge anyone to make it through the 5th grade Animals category. It's insane. They'll pull out a random scientific family or order like Lepidoptera (except more obscure than that) and then ask you what genuses fit in it. D:

Age of Empires got me mildly interested in ancient technologies. Age of Empires I used to come with 40 pages of blurbs about each group, and AoEII also had a few short blurbs about the different tactics and technologies. I remember having a project in World History where we could choose from a list of topics on Roman culture/technology. Somebody else got the "military" topic but I think I ended up with some kind of general "technology" topic, which was pretty cool.

Mario Bros Time Machine and another educational Mario Bros game. Can't remember what it was called anymore.

Also in MegaMan Legends 2, there's a trivia mini-game that was like 200 questions long which covered a broad range of topics from world history to science. You get a super powerful beam sword as your reward for answering every single question correctly without missing a single one.

Also some educational Windows 3.0 games I remember back in elementary school they used to let us play that was alot of fun at the time. One was called Treasure Island I think and I can't remember the other, although the main protagonist was the same elf-like character.

this

in class, if you finished all your work first you had the opputunity to be the one in the class to spend time on... the computer, therefore getting to spend the remaining time of the lesson directing little purple things around a fantasy world of math and whatever else that game was about. making pizza for strange creatures and shit like that.

zoombinis was ****ing ace.

This.

Back