Most Satisfying/Infuriating Moments

average_d

Reaction score
What give you the best buzz when playing TF2 and what do you find the most annoying?

For me, the most satisfying thing is batting to death pesky Demo's, which I hate with a passion. Also Headshots on emeny snipers are great for confidence. I hate getting killed by scout though, like when I am playing medic and a scout runs straight past the heavy I am healing and kills me, while the heavy just ignores the scout and keeps firing pointlessly at some soldier a million miles away *grrrrr*:flame:.

Okay, rant over. What about everyone else?

It has to be sniping. Taking down heavies and medics always feels good. One time I fired at a sniper and by pure luck headshotted an invisible spy that was coming to get me. Seeing his limp body pop out of thin air was an air punching moment. Goddamn spies!

For me, it's bonesawing somebody to death. I love bonesawing slow-moving heavies, or jousting a scout as he runs by, or dodging a soldier's four rockets and knowing he's now mine. I could go on, but I'll spare you all. hehe

Okay, I lied: I love bonesawing a sentry that's just getting built and then killing the engineer, too. I love dodging the stickies a demo is trying to get me with and taking him out before he can detonate anything close to me. I love when you just KNOW a teammate is a spy and you take him down with one whack. I love rushing a pyro who is rushing at me with his flame going and taking him out without dying afterward. Oh, I really love sneaking up on a scoped sniper and waking him up.

And of course going medic to medic and taking the other guy out is very rewarding.

Okay, I'm done, I swear.

The most infuriating is the boring old I'm-on-a-crap-team-with-no-defense-so-I-can't-live-long enough-to-do-a-damn-thing situation, definitely.

Also, while being killed by spies is frustrating I find it far more frustrating to actually be a spy. So often I have awful streaks of bad luck when I play spy:
it could be dying to a rocket that an enemy soldier fired woefully inaccurately at someone else...
or trying to infiltrate the enemy base invisibly, only to have people bump into me by a random unpredictable change of direction (= dead), ooover and over again...
or having the perfect backstab set up, only to have your victim sidestep, on a whim, JUST as you bring the knife down, then they subsequently enjoy a couple more lucky twitches that put them out of your reach a couple more times - and of course then you die to one of their teammates...

Very frustrating class on both sides of the deal. On the upside though, one of the most satisfying things you can pull off is a successful series of backstabs.

Also, sniper on sniper headshots is good. Clearing a point of enemies singlehandedly is cool. And mowing down a ton of people in quick succession as heavy is great.

Killing a heavy and two soldiers in an enemy base while playing as a medic and escaping.

Ubering a heavy and having him wipe out most of the enemy team and then capturing the point with him.

I like playing medic.

Infuriating is being killed by a sniper. God how I hate them.

What I do love however is getting behind about 6 guys in Dustbowl, all waiting to head out the gate at the end of that little tunnel, and backstabbing the lot. Now that is fun.

I <3 getting revenge.

I </3 being dominated.

Best: Crit rocket into the face of an opposing soldier on the first shot.
2nd Best: Leaving sticky nades behind, forgetting about them, and then detonating them getting 2-3 kills on the other side of the map.

Worst: Getting caught as a spy every time.

Best: the feeling of adrenaline when going up against a sniper when your a sniper as well, getting a spy when your a pyro! the adrenaline when running across a field being in a snipers crosshairs but jest barley making it behind cover i love that!

Worst: your enemy getting a crit the first hit when in a melee fight, running across a field and getting hit by the sniper.

Best: beating jump maps. It feels even more satisfying now, after the patch limiting rocket ammo.

Worst: Having to concede when a jump map is impossible, when there's no physical way to beat a map. And believe that there are a scant few that are made to be unbeatable--it's just a damn shame to have to give up.

Back stabbing a large group of enemys all in a row. It just feels so amazing to just hear all of them screaming all at once while it says '[HL2.net] Nicky0123 *stabs* blah' over and over :p.

And my worst is propablly on 2fort, running directly into the enemy base, stealing the intel, avoiding all defences, returning to your base, charge into the intel room and are off guard and you find out there is a sentry in the corner...Unfortunatley, you usually find out the hard way...

Best: Disguising as a Sniper and going up to the enemy sniping ground on 2fort, acting like you're really aiming, getting healed by their Medics, and then just backstabbing the Medic, and all the other snipers on the balcony because they can't see you.

Worst: Pyros spamming their flames at every single teammate so it's impossible to properly use the Spy.

Supporting multiple people on a single uber, resulting in a captured point. Juggling your uber beam between people as they get hammered but bring the enemy encampment to its knees is tricky but rewarding.

I die from single shots way too much. Engineers, Scouts... classes you think you could take a few shots from drop me very easily, from distance too. It's refreshing to play heavy or soldier sometimes so I can at least take a hit or two before dying. If I even look at a demoman or heavy, I die. I also dislike crits, but at least they make sense when you die from them.

Playing as demoman or spy is pathetic for me.

Uber pyro flaming is the greatest. I killed an entire team

For me its forgetting I have Sticky bombs layed down and then when planting another 8, killing a whole bunch of people, all of them spies I am dominating (yes it did happen)

The most infutriating for me has to be being an Engie and then getting all your stuff destroyed when you've spent ages building them up because some asshole Spy caught you off guard.

Ironically, my favourite moments are when I pull off a flawless bunch of Spy-kills, killing the Engie, his stuff, and sometimes even re-disguising, and doing it again.

I'm my own worst enemy.

I had a trgic moment on Dustbowl. I was playing Spy, (attacking, first stage, second point) and had hada bit of bad luck. No kills for me. Then I start going up the (enemy) stairs to the one-way door, and I see a Demo, Spy, and a Heavy, all lined up perfectly. I down the demo, and am just about to pwn the Spy when...

A second Spy...behind me. And one of the most annoying things? That second spy was totally unnessessary. They did not need two spies.

*Sigh...Its like my signature says...

doing the "Kaboom" taunt with the demoman after blowing someone up. And cornering yourself by your dispensor and sentry and watching a spy trying to sap my stuff and get behind my equipment to backstab me to no availe.

Best: breaking knee caps as a Scout and setting shit on fire.

Worst: getting juggled by Soldiers and Demomen

getting hit by a demomans grenade launcher right in the face, causing a one hit kill.

I hate how I'm almost allways the only engi (or the only one who knows how to play engi) on 2fort. The constant spies don't help either.

seeing my sentry take out several enemies in a row in 2fort makes my grin in happiness though.

being the only medic while the rest of your teammates are soldiers and heavy! How am i gana heal all those guys?

I got four bonesaw kills in a few seconds yesterday. Then I flamed and killed an entire team. Fantasmible.

Most awesome event that occurred yesterday. Playing on a custom map server and some CTF map rotates in. My team is winning easy (9 caps to win) 6-2 and then 7-3 before shit hits the fan and the enemy quickly catches up 7-7. I swap to engie and set up shop in a tunnel near the enemy flag room. We are now closer to winning 8-7 thanks to people teleporting in and clearing the flag room. Finally our scout grabs the enemy flag for the last time and runs through the tunnel I'm in. 5 enemy scouts quickly follow and get nailed by my sentry.

I don't play engineer so it was ****ing hilarious at the time.

Worst, getting sploded by crit rockets at point blank range, followed by trying to get past stickies from demomen

Best, taking out heavies with the flamethrower in a straight up fight by circle of deathing them faster than they can spin around and getting out without a scratch. Or ploughing through half the team with the flamethrower when they are momentarily distracted and getting out alive.

Satisfying:
-Killing enemies across the map with leftover stickies you forgot about.

-Making your way up to the enemy sniper perch on 2fort as a Pyro and axing them all down in a line, one by one.

-Defending your intel with stickies in enemy territory. I can hold down intel for ages while racking up defense points. Even if they keep picking it up, I can make sure they only move it a few feet at a time.

INFURIATINTG:
-Enemy crits, period. Nothing sucks ass more than rounding a corner and getting instagibbed by a crit rocket or wrecked by a single shotgun burst. **** crits.

-Exposing a Spy in close quarters and having him inexplicably perform a magical backstab through your face.

-Going through all the effort of singlehandedly getting the enemy intel to your side of the map only to die and have some turtling goon muster the balls to finally go outside, grab it, and capture it. You're welcome, assholes.

-Being a Medic is actually an endless series of infuriating moments.

-Most Medics. "See that gaggle**** of sentries over there? How do you reckon we should handle them? Because clearly your winning strategies like "Have a Heavy continuously fire at them over half the map's distance" aren't quite working out. Maybe, JUST MAYBE, you could uber the one class that has the front-loaded damage capability to WIPE THEM THE **** OUT?"

The two sticky-jump trick on the 2fort battlements... and whacking the enemy snipers with a bottle. Quickly getting dispatched by any other class because a double sticky jump isn't the healthiest thing in the world... ;)

Infuriating... well they've all been said already. My pet peeve is people pushing you off the teleporter, especially if you're a soldier and they're a sniper.

You know you can do that jump in just one sticky, right Planetary? It's harder than two, but you can also do it with one from bridge level, at the edge of the fall into the water.

Satisfying: Sniping heavies with the syringe gun.

You know you can do that jump in just one sticky, right Planetary? It's harder than two, but you can also do it with one from bridge level, at the edge of the fall into the water.

I'll try that next chance I get! Which not might be for a while, given this new update.

I have quite a few. Most of my most satisfying moments involve backstabs which are so infuriatingly hard to achieve.

They include:

• Finally breaking my backstabs in one life record on Monday. Since January the record stood at five. I had achieved five backstabs in one life over two dozen times and even had them done multiple times in a row. Yet I had never surpassed it as if the game set a limit to how many I could get.
  • A week ago, I snuck up to the enemy battlements on 2fort as a spy disguised as a sniper. A sniper came out of the spawn/resupply on the right side and engaged his scope. I went right up to him and stabbed him, and right as the knife was about to plunge a soldier came out and stepped in front of us preparing to rocket jump! I stab both as fast as the knife can move and dropped down to the enemy exterior. Right as I did that, a medic and heavy combo popped out and go underneath a roof bridge where the heavy starts blasting at a pair consisting of a sniper and a soldier. First the medic fell to my knife and then the heavy?while I?m no longer disguised I saw an enemy scout at the very corner of my peripheral vision! Just when I thought it was over he stood in front of me with his back turned and crouched firing wildly at the sniper and soldier! I get him too. I swear it was a miracle for not only did the scout not notice me but those enemies magically popped up! Those were five backstabs in under ten seconds.
  • On 2fort I saw a demoman spawn from a teleporter. His back was facing me so naturally I ran up to him to stab him. Somehow even though he was standing still with his back turned while my animation plays all the way through and hits, he survives. He turns and faces me. In desperation I stabbed him in the face and then it is detected as a backstab! In that lifetime I was able to break my five backstab record. I was almost both killed and saved by the screwy hitboxes.
  • Once I played ?click racing? against an enemy engineer who was on the other side of a level 3 sentry. Eventually I managed to win and destroy the sentry despite him knocking the sappers off the moment they landed. (You can imagine how long the whole ordeal took.) Of course one the sentry was destroyed he set his sight on me, he dwindled me down to 5 health and right as he was about to land the killing shot, my team came charging through deus ex machina like and killed him.
  • Catching unaware enemy spies and backstabbing them.
  • Catching an unaware engineer, (Which is now rare because they like to perch on their dispensers in a corner to tank away.) killing him and sapping all off his buildings.

As for the non spy moments:
  • As an engineer I set up a sentry in ctf_hallofdeath, that wiped out the entire enemy team consisting of over 11 people seconds after the setup phase ended.
  • Once, I infiltrated the enemy intel room in ctf_2fort with two other engineers and proceeded to set up a base there where our entire team ended up due to teleports.
  • Accidentally killing cloaked/disguised spies while tanking away at one of my buildings with the wrench.
  • Activating ubercharges as a medic less than a second before an arsenal reaches my patient.
  • Sending enemies flying with the bonesaw, I just love using it.
  • Earning the achievements as a medic including farming them, which really shows the team in Team Fortress.
  • Once as a solider I killed an enemy spy who had snuck up on me on accident while rocket jumping.
  • Killing more than one person with the sticky bombs. Extra points go to when it?s done with only one sticky or if there were three or more.
  • Killing someone from across the map unexpectedly with sticky bombs I laid previously.
  • Running circles around a heavy as a scout and bludgeoning him to death.
  • On ctf_well_classic, some engineers had reached our roof and set up buildings. They began raining down destruction on anyone who stepped out the door. After a few attempts I managed to infiltrate their own roof as a sniper. Despite being on low health, I managed to destroy all their buildings and sniped 5/6 of the people on the roof, only a clever spy who cloaked away had escaped me.
  • Scoring over 28 kills and two captures in 3 minutes and 38 seconds of playing a heavy, which is my least played class. At the time, those were the highest amount of points I ever scored until I surpassed it playing a medic.

Times like these bring a smile to my face.:)

Likewise most of my most infuriating moments happen to be the reverse of my most satisfying moments. Many of them are also the result of my own so called teamates.

They include:
  • Anytime I tied my backstab record only to die, The most awful being:
    -After achieving five backstabs I made it all the way to the enemy spawn in a large map where the spawns are accessible to both teams. There I camped only to have the misfortune of a God damned pyro spawn, who instantly torched me. Although he had his finger on the trigger for less than a second the afterburn still got me. I guess that served me right for spawn camping.
    -After I reached five backstabs (in around 30 seconds) I managed to run up to the enemy battlements to meet three enemy snipers all within ten square feet of each other with their scopes engaged and sides/backs turned to me! On the far side was an engineer with his guard down setting up a dispenser next to a teleporter entrance! I went up to the closest one, clicked my mouse and as the animation was halfway played I ate a rocket from a soldier who I previously dominated and I guess had been sick of my antics.
    -After achieving five backstabs I reached a medic standing in the doorway of 2_fort with his back turned. I clicked and although the backstab animation played and I killed him, it was detected as a frontstab.
    -After gaining five backstabs I managed to reach an AFK enemy engineer only to have time run out with our team in failure in the time the stab animation was playing.
    -After getting five backstabs I managed to sneak behind a solider standing still on dustbowl. Despite being obviously visible for a while and trying to stab this guy to my teammates, one soldier who was supposedly on my side fired a rocket at him that sent him flying backwards. Right as the animation played and the knife was about to reach him the explosion sent him BEHIND ME where he gibbed me instantly, and proceeded to kill the guy who sent him airborne.
    -After once again getting five backstabs (sigh) I reached two medics, a heavy and a solider lined up like dominoes in a side corridor of pl_goldrush. As I got into melee range, an idiot flamer from my team charged from behind and set them all on fire, alerting each one. For some reason I?m the one he circles and keeps his flamethrower set on. The moron is shred into pieces in seconds and me, the guy who mysteriously wasn?t on fire despite having touched the flames for so long soon followed suit. None of the four enemies were killed.

As for the rest:
  • ANYTIME I play as a spy, make it all the way to enemy side while evading fire, sneak up behind an enemy only to die while the slow stab animation plays/misses. The worse is when the enemy turns all the way around and instantly kills me while it plays.
  • As an engineer I managed to breach the enemy intel room at 2fort and set up base there. Despite spamming the voice channel with messages for over six minutes urging people to jump in, only two members of my twelve man team used the teleporter and at times when the intel was away!
  • Finishing setting up a level 3 sentry only to have it get destroyed momentarily.
  • Having a solider or demoman you are tending to jump to an inaccessible area while playing a medic, therefore abandoning you. Extra fury points for when I have an ubercharge ready and/or when the enemy attacks right before/after he jumps.
  • Running all the way to a player screaming for a medic, who then turns the other way and heals himself!
  • Activating an ubercharge on a player who suddenly decides it?s time to stand still!
  • Activating a crit-charge on a player who suddenly decides it?s time for a ceasefire!
  • Engaging in a decent bonesaw duel with an opposing medic, who wusses out right as you?re about to kill him and runs away firing his needlegun wildly!
  • Making the sticky-jump across the battlements in 2fort only to be killed the moment you land.
  • Not making the sticky-jump across the battlements in 2fort and dying a painful-clumsy death.
  • Bringing the intel all the way from the enemy base, only to be killed in your own intel room.
  • Bringing the intel all the way from the enemy base, only to lag/have the server change levels. (One time, I lagged three freaking feet away from capture. When it stopped, I discovered that not only was I dead but almost the entire enemy team had entered our intel room. They prevented the intel from being moved three freaking feet in our own intel room! As you can imagine, I got a lot of flak from my team for that.)
  • This happened far too much, and I stopped playing the sniper because of this. I frequently have the perfect headshot lined up only to have a teammate nudge me out of the way or step in front of me the moment I make the shot or am about to shoot.

Times like these make me want to throw an angry german kid like tantrum!:angry:

Definetly being hit by ever engineer when you go within a 2m radius with a wrench even if you are not targeting their buildings.

Revenge!
Oh weetodd.
64 Backstabs.

Definetly being hit by ever engineer when you go within a 2m radius with a wrench even if you are not targeting their buildings.

Revenge!
Oh weetodd.
64 Backstabs.

I refuse to believe that anyone has achieved over 30 backstabs legitimately. EvilDaedalus who made the acclaimed "How to Play" Youtube videos and who I consider the TF2 guru only has ten. The moment you reach just four backstabs you see enemies shoot at each other furiously to spycheck. The moment you hit five everyone keeps turning and strafing.

I played a session last week and for a change I decided to play as spy for the most part. It was rather fun. Main two maps I played was Goldrush and Well.

I discovered a very useful disguise is a sniper outside of the Blu spawn (when playing as Red, obviously) in Goldrush (I don't know whether it was A or B; I don't know which is which). All you have to do is look in the direction of your allies and strafe a bit and people generally won't suspect you, untill they get backstabbed a few times. I got 4 kills in one life as a spy (three backstabs and one frontstab). It was great because two of the kills were a demoman-medic combo that had a full ubercharge.

I also killed stupid amounts of snipers and sapped so many buildings in Well. Was fun. I also somehow managed to fool an engineer who shot me down to less than 10 health and then started to ignore me again.

I've done it with 1 sticky from battlement to battlement. Only done it 3 times so far. It's tough.

I hate when i have to download pluggins. I hate that added crap that tells me im on a rampage. I know that already. Same when im playing CS... And there is so many servers that has them.

It's great running around open areas in Dustbowl, taking out some slow ass soldier with the scattergun, another demo, pick off a sniper with the pistol, and batting some more before dying.

I hate when i have to download pluggins. I hate that added crap that tells me im on a rampage. I know that already. Same when im playing CS... And there is so many servers that has them.

You know you can disable downloading them for TF2 right?

I also have a new infuriating moment. Just hours ago, I joined one of those weird Mario Kart servers with the strange gameplay styles such as low grav, 2x crits, and ubercharge meters filled on spawn. I read through the rules too fast and missed the part where it said that medics do 5x healing, and that players health drains temporarily while healing. I then died around two minutes into the game and was shocked to see that I had healed 510,223 hp and earned 855 points. My otherwise perfectly legit stats are now marred by this.

On the bright side, I now can tell my friend he can earn the Chief of Staff Achievement in just five minutes unlike the 13 hours hours or so he would have to spend AFK standing in the pool of achievementbox_b3.

Best - Hitting over 4 units with 1 crit explosive and killing them all.

Also, being scout and capturing the enemy's intel 3 times in one life. I've done that, and it was amazing. :D

Worst - Getting intel, making it half way back to your base with it next to your intel room, and the entire enemy team goes into your basement to defend it, and you're the only one trying to get to it. But everybody on your team just ignores it and goes about killing everybody, then wonders where the other team went, then some jackass goes to their intel room just as it respawns and gets the capture...

If you couldn't tell, this has recently happened to me.

Most satisfying is being a pyro and killing the whole opposing team.

Most infuriating always seems to involve enemy snipers.

Back