Most Satisfying/Infuriating Moments

I have to say nothing like a backstab bonanza in one life as a spy. Getting 6 backstabs as a defending spy on Goldrush 2 was awesome.

Thats always fun :D

I like chasing down groups of enemys and stabbing them quickly before they have any idea what is going on.

There's so many things that piss me off, but the biggest one is when I'm generally not playing anywhere near the skill level I know I'm at. When you have those days where you just ****ing suck, and even newbie engineers are one-shotting you. Those days were it seems you can't turn a corner without walking into a heavy-medic combo, and soldiers seem to have an endless supply of crits. Those days when the world's against you.

More specifically, I've noticed Valve has nearly ruined backstabbing with the latest update. Stabs simply won't register unless you yourself are standing still while performing them and your aim is perfect. I know it's not just me because the other spies in the the server I play on noticed it too. If it was Valve's way of trying to fix facestabs, it didn't work. I was still witnessing them and pulling them off myself.

When I die more then 4 times after joining a server without even 1 point, I just leave.

As for the most satisfying/infuriating, mine's both at the same time!

I'd just joined a cp_orange map for the 1st time, and apparently they had a really good sniper. Dominated me, but I figured it's all because orange is just so great for snipers.

Then the spies started complaining about getting headshotted while cloaked, and I knew something was up. Somone suggested spectatting him so I did, and I saw it with my own eyes, spies dropping out of nowhere, no one managing to get passed him. A rather obvious aimhack.

Me and anothe p yro tried to disrupt him as we could (joining his team) flaming in his face, taunting, but he ignored us, leaving eventually after he had 200 points.

Not before I checked out his steam id page though. I love shift+tab.

His record is 37 headshots, in one life, and about 50 hours as sniper.

37 headshots! Coming out of spawn a sniper has 25 bullets for the rifle, he had to actually run out of ammo and find some more!

Strangely, I can't find his page again, since steam community doesn't let you do an advanced search, so searching for "cry about it" get about 5000 hits or so, all of which have "cry" somewhere in the page.

Was playing 2fort with one teammate. Three people on the other team.

I went Scout and bridge hopped to the other base. Running into the spiral I noted an engie building a dispensah in the room leading to the stairway. A pyro begins chasing me.

I get through the spiral and into the flag room. I pick up the intel. I'm waiting for the pyro to come in since I may be able to get around him easier this way. He doesn't show up.

I leave through the left exit and saw him (as I expected) right outside the right exit. I sprint to the stairwell easily outrunning him. Before entering into the engies domain, I cling to the wall and hide at the back of the room. The pyro comes up without seeing me behind him. I sneak out from behind him.

I capture the flag. He asks me how I did it.

Heh, gg, but it just goes to show how so many people forget about the int location indicator...

I can't blame him for not using the indicator, but I think I would've atleast turned around.

Most Satisfying:

When (on 2fort) I snuck into the opposing basement as a spy, and impersonated an engineer so well that the medic that was guarding the Intel started healing me. I figured he'd know something was up If I tried to get behind him, so I took out my revolver, aimed for his head, and hoped I could 1-shot him.... Then he fell down, I took the intel, and won the game with my score.

Also as a defensive sniper sniping 2 Heavies and a Demoman coming into our courtyard(2fort) within 10 seconds.

Infuriating:

when I'm on a streak of joining games with horrible lag and when I'm DCd from the host.

Woot! New most satisfing mo. breaking my ever long backstab max, with 9 against a team of noobs ^^ and 24 points to boot. I killed 2 heavies 2 medics and a demoman in one go who where hiding behind the cart on goldrush and saved the game for my team, SWEET.

HATE: Losing caps with seconds to go when you've been playing well

LOVE: When a plan comes together & you get the intel!

I refuse to believe that anyone has achieved over 30 backstabs legitimately. EvilDaedalus who made the acclaimed "How to Play" Youtube videos and who I consider the TF2 guru only has ten. The moment you reach just four backstabs you see enemies shoot at each other furiously to spycheck. The moment you hit five everyone keeps turning and strafing.

I have about 35, and I'm legit :O

Most satisfying: Getting dominated by an enemy as a soldier, only for the rocket I just fired to earn me a kill assist on that same enemy less than a second later. The "Revenge" sound effect started playing before the "Dominated" one had even finished.

Most satisfying: Getting dominated by an enemy as a soldier, only for the rocket I just fired to earn me a kill assist on that same enemy less than a second later. The "Revenge" sound effect started playing before the "Dominated" one had even finished.

lol, that should be an achievement

Most satisfying: Strafe-burning a lvl 3 sentry solo as a Pyro. (Yes, it's possible, suckers.) :cool:

I refuse to believe that anyone has achieved over 30 backstabs legitimately. EvilDaedalus who made the acclaimed "How to Play" Youtube videos and who I consider the TF2 guru only has ten. The moment you reach just four backstabs you see enemies shoot at each other furiously to spycheck. The moment you hit five everyone keeps turning and strafing.

I legally hit 9. That was my top, legally that is. Sam-2k on the other hand has hit 10 before. Still could never beat him.

I've had 12 backstabs in one life. And the reason I died was because I was over eager and didnt wait for a cloak recharge.

8 backstabs is my max : ( : ( : (

Oh, most satisfying was my 52 points as medic. I have no idea how I managed it.
It was legitimate, before you attempt to criticize.

Most infuriating players: Snipers

Kind of abusing this thread and making it a TF2 misc but...

I have an incredible new respect for the medic. Lately I've been cleaning up on servers, rampaging behind enemy lines and stuff. I know I can get first do no harm, but I don't think I have the willpower.

Back