motherboard drivers...

Bounty_Bam

Reaction score
how do i go about downloading the latest drivers for my motherboard?

its a:

Jetway
MOdel Name: PT800DBP

my motherboard is PT800DBP and this one has no P at the end... is it ok to download the drivers?

whoa! which file do i download? all of them? how do i install them? are they executable?

If you don't know how to install/update motherboard drivers, then get someone to help you. If you screw up the update, you can throw the motherboard away and buy a new one.

Wtf? Rubbish. It is impossible to physically damage the motherboard with drivers, unless you download some bizzare "auto overclock" driver that burns it out (Very unlikley). The worst case in reality is that windows won't boot and you have to reinstall it, but even that is rather unlikley.

Link said:
Wtf? Rubbish. It is impossible to physically damage the motherboard with drivers, unless you download some bizzare "auto overclock" driver that burns it out (Very unlikley). The worst case in reality is that windows won't boot and you have to reinstall it, but even that is rather unlikley.
If you're talking about software, you're right.
If you're talking about firmware, you're wrong.

Yes, granted, you can f*** up the bios when your updating it, but thats really nothing to do with motherboard drivers.

Back