Mouse Problem

westie

Reaction score
When i play CS: Source i like to have my mouse buttons configured to last weapon used on Mouse button 4 and drop current weapon on Mouse button 5. But i have been having a problem recently I set my Buttons up as usual ( as CS: Source seems to undo them everytime i restart the game) i play in a server for a little while and suddenly my mouse buttons (mouse buttons 4&5) don't work and my mouse speed has increased.
Any ideas......

My mouse is Logitech Mx500 i have latest drivers which i recently reinstalled due to this problem and i have the advanced option thing.
I recently used a custom spray the problem started after this and i got a new virus scanner (even when the virus scanner is disabled i get the problem) and i have tryed to play without using the custom spray.

that sounds odd with the changing ingame

do u mean like the movement doesnt feel as smooth as u turn to look?
i get that sometimes i have the same mouse

as for the bind problem check ur config.cfg is set to read only after u change stuff
otherwise when u load up css it changes stuff
quite annoying

hey westie,
i have a logitech MX310, and i have exactly the same problem. I have the my mouse 4 assigned to secondary fire, and mouse 5 assigned to reload. And same thing happens to me. I have not foudn any solution to this, except to press the windows key on teh keyboard, and then back into the game by pressing the game button on the start bar. After this the mouse buttons work about 99% of the times. The other 1%, i have to restart the game and do this again. I have mentioned this way back in the beta days to Valve, guess they ignored it.

No it's not that it doesn't feel as smooth, it just speeds up like someone's changed the mouse sensitivity when that happens i usually leave the game as i can't play that fast.
And redpoints i will try your method and see if it helps.

Redpoint i tryed your fix and it worked, not a great fix but it works.

On your computer do you have WindowBlinds?

Logitech mouseware doesnt like if you press 2 buttons at once if they arent button 1-2.

I use button 4-5 for Teamspeak, 7 to reload, if i talk and reload at same time good chance button 4-5-7 wont works anymore.

Just press all of them at random and it usually fix it without having to exit CS.

I tried your fix Redketchup but it didn't work and redpoints your fix didn't even last a whole game it just reset again.

Back