Mozilla Icon

ShinRa

Companion Cube
Reaction score
You guys seriously need an icon for the firefox/ie explorer favorites. I have canon, gmail, facebook, myspace, demonoid, capitalone, youtube, and halflife2.net in my favorites tab bar on firefox. all the other sites have a nice little icon, and then hl2.net has nothing! :( Make an icon!

My halflife2.net bookmark in firefox has an icon. Maybe I assigned it one in IE before I imported favs to Firefox. /shrug

Mine has a small Gordon head tilted to the side slightly, i never put it there, so i can only assume the its from the site. However that bookmark is 2 years + old now.

i've never seen hl2 having one - so yeah a nice lambda would be cool

Hectic Glenn said:
Mine has a small Gordon head tilted to the side slightly, i never put it there, so i can only assume the its from the site. However that bookmark is 2 years + old now.
Thats what mine has.

I would be happy to make a favicon as they are called. Halflife2.net currently does not have one, but I have made my own one for personal use, which is assigned with a favicon extension for Firefox.

They are very simple to put in place, and I could have one done this evening :D

I was actually thinking of sending the team one anyway, as a suggestion, but now it is being spoken about, I am hereby offering my services (I'm a graphic/web designer).

Penfold_ said:
I would be happy to make a favicon as they are called. Halflife2.net currently does not have one, but I have made my own one for personal use, which is assigned with a favicon extension for Firefox.

I was actually thinking of sending the team one anyway, as a suggestion, but now it is being spoken about, I am hereby offering my services (I'm a graphic/web designer).
Could you just make one and PM it to one of the team members? :E

Penfold_ said:

Go ahead and make one. I can't promise we'll use it, but it'd be nice anyway (and I would use it personally).

Also, it'd be cool if you let us know what code snippet to put in the source to load the favicon. I could figure it out easily but I'm too lazy D:

If someone would make on I know I would use it. Even if it is just a simple little face of the HL2 toon Gordon.

Woa, I was just thinking about this, and I was going to make a thread about it, too!

I've got the same problem - HL2.net, Demonoid, YouTube, Imageshack, OneMoreLevel.com, Ultimate-Guitar, GameBurnWorld...

All have icons but no HL2.net :(

The HL2 symbol would be cool..

A member created some which may or may not be implemented......

I thought you were already using one. When I bookmarked this page a long time ago, this website picked up the icon for Slashdot, and I thought it was a half-assed lambda symbol.

hl2.net is in my bookmarks toolbar, never see if it did have an icon

We used to have a crappy Gordon favicon but was accidently deleted in the last website update. Now thanks to Penfold_, we have a shiney new one which is a hell of a lot better so thank you very much for that :)

Yes, all praise is to Penfold_! The new icon should appear within the next day or so, takes a while sometimes for the server to recognize it.

Shows for me, try hard refreshing the links.

I get it on this page, but not the forum index, how strange

Damn it, I got it on every page except the main forum index, too...

Progress gentlemen! I give you progress!

Ennui said:
Yes, all praise is to Penfold_! The new icon should appear within the next day or so, takes a while sometimes for the server to recognize it.

No probs! :thumbs: I enjoyed doing it, and feel extremely honoured that it was decided to be used.

If the site ever changes colours/style, or you just fancy a new one, PM me/e-mail me and I'll happily do another one :)

It works on both the forums and main site for me - nice to see it there. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to be working in the post reply page/s. If there is a separate root directory for the vBulletin, try putting it in there perhaps.

Me and my bro are actually thinking of setting up a small favicon making business, because the one here is awful! :LOL:

It seems to be working in the 'post reply' page now. I haven't checked everywhere yet, but it's showing up more.

Favicons can take up to a day/two days to work properly sometimes.

Thats actually really cool! It fits right in with my other firefox links.

The only thing is, it doesnt seem blue and white enough. I am getting so used to the light blue background that it appears too dark. It's probably just me though.

The new favicon is cool. I have had this site bookmarked for a few years, so I have always had the Gordon face pretty much.

The lambda symbol is a nice change however.

Great work mate, looks really nice and sleek :)

Back