MP3 Players

Dr. Freeman

Reaction score
I want to get one but not sure which one so i am looking to u guys for help.

first off, i don't want to be spending more than $200 Canadian Dollars and yes, i know that limits how many tunes i can have at once.

i went to the local Bestbuy and the two that caught my eye were this Creative MuVo Slim 256MB MP3 Player and the other being the newer model which is the

Creative Muvo TX FM 128MB MP3 Player
both of which have an AM/FM tuner (this feature is a must for me :p ) and both hook up to a PC and that allows me to add and delete tunes from the mp3 player.

now i would be getting a discount from Bestbuy if i purchase there since i am an employee there so i would prefer buying from Bestbuy..

now if any of u can find a better MP3 player with more features listed at a similar price (in Canadian Dollars) that i would really appreciate :)

btw, please don't refer me to an ipod...unless u can find one for under $200 Canadian Dollars, thanks :)

edit: forgot to mention that the Creative Muvo TX FM 128MB MP3 Player is also available in the 256MB version and i was told it should be available to purchase in another week or so...so i would then probably get the 256MB version

archos jukebox, get the shittiest little one, crack it open, put in a 40 gig laptop hard drive and you're set.

there is even an open-source firmware called rockbox for it. it also doubles as a portable hard drive and is the same size and general shape of a casette player, so most people wouldnt think to steal it. it has 4 rubber caps on the corners to stop it from getting hurt if you drop it. all in all its a solid mp3 player, one thing they dont tell you though is you have to hold downt he power button for like 5 second when you turn it on, took me 2 days to figure that out lol

Wraith said:
archos jukebox, get the shittiest little one, crack it open, put in a 40 gig laptop hard drive and you're set.

there is even an open-source firmware called rockbox for it. it also doubles as a portable hard drive and is the same size and general shape of a casette player, so most people wouldnt think to steal it. it has 4 rubber caps on the corners to stop it from getting hurt if you drop it. all in all its a solid mp3 player, one thing they dont tell you though is you have to hold downt he power button for like 5 second when you turn it on, took me 2 days to figure that out lol

haven't seen that one..
links please?
and i am not familar with laptop hard drives.. how much does one of those cost? :p
and how hard would hooking it up be?

btw what do u think of the ones i linked to ??

for anyone interested in the free ipod deal, help me out by using my link. pm me if you have any questions.

Dr. Freeman said:
hmm...i'll check to see if its available at my local bestbuy :)
so is this it? no more help? :(
come on pple...i know theres some MP3 player experts here somewhere.. i need help.. bah.. :|
The price-tag limit makes this difficult. Sorry man. :eek:

My 0.02? Although you might like the AM/FM tuner on the new edition, the extra 128 MB on the first one make it a lot more appealing to me. Hard-disk space makes a difference. 128 MB is like two good-quality albums and then a few of your favourite songs.

Good luck!

I highly reccomend the Dell DJ. 15gb, 16 hour battery, and built in voice recorder (10hr max per recording). I dont think any other player has that last feature and its very useful for memos, getting numbers, lectures, etc.

I want an ipod.... A friend has a archos jukebox, its a good mp3 player/storage, but its abit big, I want an mp3 player, not a harddrive, and its about the size of one, thats why I want an ipod, there small and can use itunes. Allthough since you say you cant afford one... go with the archos.

Ritz said:
I want an ipod.... A friend has a archos jukebox, its a good mp3 player/storage, but its abit big, I want an mp3 player, not a harddrive, and its about the size of one, thats why I want an ipod, there small and can use itunes. Allthough since you say you cant afford one... go with the archos.
Get an iPod mini. Seriously. I bought one a month or so ago, and I love it so much. First thing I bought once I had saved up enough from work.

I was deciding between a 4G iPod or the mini, and the 4G just wasn't worth the extra cash. Yeah it can store 15 GB more. But who the hell has such a huge library? And even if you do, who needs it all on the iPod? 4 GB is enough for me. In fact, it took me more than a month to finally fill it.

The size just kicks so much ass. It goes everywhere with me and is a lifesaver for all the time I spend taking the bus to work and to school. Just drop it into your pocket and that's it. You're good to go.

iPod mini + iTunes = Ingenius

Only negative: Battery life.
7-10 hours. I'm constantly recharging, which is alright. Just sucks that it'll be unusable one day.

Yea, Im getting a mini, I dont want a moblie harddrive, most of my music I will keep on my comp, just getting stuff I listen too alot. Since the mini can still hold 1000+ songs on it.

archos is the best in my opinion, it sounds awesome and had a lot of storage, you can only fit like 20 songs on a 128 meg, i can fit all of my music on my archos, which is well over like 60 full albums.

:thumbs:

Back