msn virus

Status
Not open for further replies.
its a .png file.... thats a picture, right?

i hope so.... me clicked it :frown:

15357 said:
who is Chris_D right?

it said last edited by chris_d so it must be him/her/it

chris_d is *teh best!* he's the lead editor, and a damn gd one!

Ranga said:
its a .png file.... thats a picture, right?

i hope so.... me clicked it :frown:

so hes a he then...

(can this get me warned?) ;(

Ranga said:

Ranga watch out your nose is getting browner...And the noise of sucking ass is horrible.

pr0nking said:
Ranga watch out your nose is getting browner...And the noise of sucking ass is horrible.

gosh.... you are horrible... :frown:

i so do not engage in activities like that.

15357 said:
who is Chris_D right?

it said last edited by chris_d so it must be him/her/it

Chris_D is the lead editor and has moderator powers.

"http://home*********/omg.pif lol! see it! u'll like it"

i just got that from a friend. i told him it was a virus...

did i send that to him? please help me! :(

i didn't click then link i got back

just the original .png file, which i presume is a picture only.

it is possible that him showing my that link was completely coincidental...

Danimal said:
I meant the .png file.

png is a picture format... how can somebody put a program in a picture that uses my msn to send a message to somebody else? it's unthinkable...

Ranga said:
"http://home*********/omg.pif lol! see it! u'll like it"

i just got that from a friend. i told him it was a virus...

did i send that to him? please help me! :(

Why would you play around with a known virus link... sometimes I think you don't think. You are a smart kid, don't be foolish

:angry:

Can someone ban the original poster please, it is completely beyond my comprehension (most things are), why someone can post a link to a computer virus and everyone acts like nothing happend

WTF is going on? (see sig)

*looks at sig*

ohhhh i'm gonna post one.

and i'm gonna call people idiots but not annoying like i did to poor battlefrank

POST #200 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

VirusType2 said:
Why would you play around with a known virus link... sometimes I think you don't think. You are a smart kid, don't be foolish

:angry:

Can someone ban the original poster please, it is completely beyond my comprehension (most things are), why someone can post a link to a computer virus and everyone acts like nothing happend

WTF is going on? (see sig)

the original poster just posted an image

i talked to my friend again. apparently the virus he was linking me to was given to him by a friend. but it's not really a virus, because all it does is send itself to everybody in your address book. no harm done, according to him. i didn't get it :)

It seems that the people passing on the virus dont know that they are doing it. It seems to be done automaticly when the ****wits click on it, and if you are so stupid as to click dodgy links in msn... same as in mirc, then you deserve a nice infection.
I advised my friend not to click on any .pifs and had a nice rant about utter idiots who cant use computers, download spyware, virus' and so forth and then complain that the computers are slow :| They also put up with numerous ie toolbars which are spyware. These people shouldnt be allowed to use the internet. at all.

Ranga said:
the original poster just posted an image

i talked to my friend again. apparently the virus he was linking me to was given to him by a friend. but it's not really a virus, because all it does is send itself to everybody in your address book. no harm done, according to him. i didn't get it :)

RANGA

... :rolleyes:

I just helped you remove spyware last week!

REmember how much a pain in the ass it is?

I can't believe you man..............................
*is disapointed in Ranga* :sleep:

VirusType2 said:
RANGA

... :rolleyes:

I just helped you remove spyware last week!

REmember how much a pain in the ass it is?

I can't believe you man..............................
*is disapointed in Ranga* :sleep:

wha? i didn't open it! why so disappointed? i have done nothing wrong! i am still teh smartie! :LOL:

Why wouldn't u post something that looks like the link, but witha few key characters channged like people do with emails so the emailbots cant find em? like wwx.xxx_ re rest of kind of like virus link.

That would make more sense than posting an actual virus on a board read by a LOT of people.

Did Chris D really click the virus? haven't cleared that up yet

Calanen said:
Why wouldn't u post something that looks like the link, but witha few key characters channged like people do with emails so the emailbots cant find em? like wwx.xxx_ re rest of kind of like virus link.

That would make more sense than posting an actual virus on a board read by a LOT of people.

Did Chris D really click the virus? haven't cleared that up yet
It looks like he really did by reading some of the original posts.
And Im afraid he wasn't the only one.

Looks like he was awarded 4 bonus points.
Case closed. The thread remains as a warning

I think it was an accident guys, chill out. Either way, the whole OMG this is funny put me off since I thought it was one of those really annoying smiley pages or some stupid girly email forward thing. Virus scanner is updated every day anyway :p

yeah i gotta do u wanna download this thing like ass so tight it could fit ina cup then was 30 kb and then 1 min later something the same size with a dif name ( no file extension either ) was attempted to send to me again i was liek hmm yelled at the person that they ahd a virus the ytold me to fok off and stop plying and blocked me so pfft to that biatch :p

Joims said:
yeah i gotta do u wanna download this thing like ass so tight it could fit ina cup then was 30 kb and then 1 min later something the same size with a dif name ( no file extension either ) was attempted to send to me again i was liek hmm yelled at the person that they ahd a virus the ytold me to fok off and stop plying and blocked me so pfft to that biatch :p

You should use a few more keys to make what you said more understandable ... I think it should be something like: -

Joims(less retarded) said:
yeah, I got a 'do u wanna download this thing like ass so tight it could fit ina cup' then was 30 kb and then 1 min later something the same size with a dif name ( no file extension either ) was attempted to send to me again. I was like 'hmm', yelled at the person that they had a virus, they told me to 'fok off and stop plying', and blocked me... so pfft to that biatch. :p

right ok im the only ****ing thoughtful enough to put a warning up here and this is the shit i get

if you clicked the link tis because your a ****ing ****tard

i dont see any1 else trying to warn everybody here

man if you are stupid enough to click something i said DO NOT click then you are the idiot

****s sake

btw the virus if u can call it that when u got it on ur system whenever u move ur mouse it sends the msg to another person on ur contacts till eventually u got so many windows open it crashes ur msn/pc and its spread itself to whoever clicks it

haha a friend of mine got this by downloading a jenifer lopez screen saver

****ing ****er you ****ing come here and ****ing **** ****** *********************** you *****

Roughly translated, thanks for the advice... but you actually made the problem worse by posting the link.

Thankfully 90% of the people here are immune to net lameness like msn spammed viruses.

Exclamatio said:
right ok im the only ****ing thoughtful enough to put a warning up here and this is the shit i get

man if you are stupid enough to click something i said DO NOT click then you are the idiot

****s sake

btw the virus if u can call it that when u got it on ur system whenever u move ur mouse it sends the msg to another person on ur contacts till eventually u got so many windows open it crashes ur msn/pc and its spread itself to whoever clicks it

It is helpful if u make a fake link but its just plain stupid to POST THE ACTUALL LINK so don't try to call the people that flamed u blanking blank blanks, just because YOU mad a VERY stupid choice.

I'm stuck using MSN to keep in touch with my mates, and its utter shite but I have no choice. Shows how crap it is when something like this can happen. Least I didn't get it.

Exclamatio said:

****s sake

If you didn't want people to click it, why post it?

I clicked it and you can read the gruesome results

I didn't click it and you are an idiot for thinking I did rofl

Exclamato, the warning is appreciated but next time there is no need to post the link to the actual virus, understood? There's 700 people on this forum and only a small proportion would actually use MSN and an even smaller proportion would receive the virus. You posting the exact link has increased the chances of many more hundreds of people actually getting the virus and then probably thousands more being infected.

On another note, I didn't click the virus. My name appears in the first post as I edited the link out of the first post. I was just incredibly annoyed for the reasons explained above.

Additionally I sense some hostility developing in this thread so it's now getting closed :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back