multiplayer predictions

Reaction score
ok lets make this a PREDICTIONS ONLY THREAD
you wanna make a comment? state it below a prediction.

mine is

they're probably gonna have something like a deathrace. everyone gets a vehicle and you try to shoot/ram everyone else, there probably lots of different terrains too.

yeah, and two ppl per vehicle so the other can shoot the opponents. but if they dont make that, im sure someone else will......

by not making Steam an option, it will ruin the game and we will have to settle for s.t.a.l.k.e.r or far cry multiplay

Originally posted by Koldfire
by not making Steam an option, it will ruin the game and we will have to settle for s.t.a.l.k.e.r or far cry multiplay

why?
just install steam and play.. whats so difficult about that?

A physics-oriented mode of play in which you test your sharpshooter skills and quick of hand talents. All sorts of traps are set up across a map, such as a warehouse. Barrells perch atop a loose catwalk, waiting to be released and fall on some hapless victim below. A circular pit is situated in the center of the map, which intially is covered completely with wooden boards. The best weapon pickups lay in the center. One needs to make a brisk run for it before someone shoots the floorboards out from underneath them. If someone successfully does so, the victim falls to their death.

wtf is your problem? Steam is just as good as using that WON crap, and you can still use 3rd party programs like the All Seeing Eye to browse for servers. Steam isn't gonna make HL2 a worse game, it's just a different way of selecting servers

I can't see why people hate Steam so much. I think it's awesome. The buddy list is cool, it's easy to update the software, and server browser is basically the same. What's everyone's beef with it?

I have absolutely no idea what Valve has in store for us in terms of multiplayer...I'm clueless. It better be cool since it's a secret...

SHUTUP WITH STEAM i don't want to hear steam bullshit in a multi prediction thread (delete those posts)

also what would be cool is a castle defence like game/ survive agaisnt swarms of attackers (that woudl be AWSOME) (yea i bet someone will make it too)

and btw the ONLY people who should hate steam are the lan party promoters. this really screws me over at my lan parties steam, but i'll get over it. i have 2 copies of hl and i'll have 1 copy of hl so 3 of my computers can log on steam at the same time and hopefully we can do a lan only game

I think its gonna be a gun range, where we get to shoot floating G-men in pink costumes.

Originally posted by hunter-killer25
also what would be cool is a castle defence like game/ survive agaisnt swarms of attackers (that woudl be AWSOME) (yea i bet someone will make it too)

That would be sweet. Sort of a City 17 last stand. Swarms of ant lions, alien gunships and the like all coming at some ramshackle base. Players would man turrets, tanks, etc to stop the invasion. Whoever gets the most kills against the aliens wins.

NO WAIT i got a AWSOME idea

read my invasion post first

i'll add, each kill earns team money every time something is killed another spawns immdeiatly so the faster you killem the potential to get more money increases (they spawn behind a hill)

theres a commander and mid rounds he can spend the money and drop down suppys to
A: repair front gate
B: fortify walls or makem taller or something
C:drop down sentry turrets (wall sentries too but they're less powerful)

you come out of a respawn tube and the place is a base the attackers would be ant lions and stuff you could maybe increase wall height (there wouild be a limit) to give you a better chance to fight off things that climb walls/stalkers

My ideas on multiplayer.

Obviously the generic multiplayer stuff, death, team death, possibly capture the flag. They may have some stuff similar to AVP2 (never played AVP multiplayer), like survival, evacuate (or something like that). I don't think they would have hunter but who knows. They will probably also have something where vehicles are a big part. Like racing or something. Deathmatch and stuff could include vehicles like tanks and stuff, that would be fun. I'm not sure, because of the planned Sven Coop2 mod, but they might do a multiplayer with a couple of teams where its scientists vs soldiers vs aliens. (Sounds a bit like that Swarm mod from ages ago)

Anyway, I'm going to be because I'm really tired. I cant even type properly.

I hope they include a rave mode for multiplayer, in which you can choose from 5 different colors of glowsticks and trip out on ecstasy.

oh and btw anyone who thinks hl2 will only have DM is an idiot, wanna know why? DM would be hard enough to implement into HL2 but they said there were vehicles in multiplayer. how the HELL do you fit vehicles into a DM. YOU DON'T. case closed

Why would you need a game mode like that when SVEN CO OP will come out
and it will be more fun and original than that

oh and btw anyone who thinks hl2 will only have DM is an idiot, wanna know why? DM would be hard enough to implement into HL2 but they said there were vehicles in multiplayer. how the HELL do you fit vehicles into a DM. YOU DON'T. case closed

:rolleyes:

Gabe said the crawbar is physically simulated.

This lead me to thinking that purhaps there would be a sword fight :)

i like that last stand idea. but it would be better if it was like star ship troopers (the bug look similar already) where there is a fort in the desert and you fight off swarms from there, and the occasional strider

Every game is just DM. Sure, you have side objectives, its still DM. BF1942 anyone (and yes, I beleive it has *some* vehicles)? 80% of the people hardly knows how to capture a flag, but all of them seems very capable at dancing around like a rat on speed and shoot with the gun. Effectivly killing people.

RTCW:ET is the most objective based game I have ever seen, yet its 99% of the time DM. Its quite fancy DM, but DM nonetheless.

(and yes, team vs team is still DM. Its just you cant kill 50% of the players on the map without getting negative score (not that it bothers anyone))

This lead me to thinking that purhaps there would be a sword fight

yeh that would rock. I'd like to see a midevil mod with Swords, Maces, War Axes, bows, crossbows, Staves, and all that fun stuff :cool:

It's gonna be CS2.0. For sure. They wouldn't be this secretive if the mp was just dm/ctf/etc. I mean, come one, how hard would it be to implement CS in the source engine? Easy. Plus, HL2 would sell a billion more copies. We all know they're working on CS2, yet Gabe's never stated that CS2 would be a separate product like he's said about TF2.

What about a Seek and defend objective, 1 team: Humans and the other team Aliens? The teams start on different side of the city/map and have a few vehicles (the "buggy", trucks, heli-copters/alien aircraft?) then they have to find a particulal building (Research Lab etc.) and defend it from the opposing team. :D

Originally posted by CreedoG
It's gonna be CS2.0. For sure. They wouldn't be this secretive if the mp was just dm/ctf/etc. I mean, come one, how hard would it be to implement CS in the source engine? Easy. Plus, HL2 would sell a billion more copies. We all know they're working on CS2, yet Gabe's never stated that CS2 would be a separate product like he's said about TF2.

But gabe said CS2 is NOT the mulitplayer option...

ill be happy with it as long as im able to get online.

(ive had counter-strike for 4 months now, and ive still yet to play ;( )

im sort of new here but any way, I can imagine that last stand mod, just think the spawning of the bugs isent started till you send at least 5 people to scout out the area and they will "trigger" the spawning of a mass attack by the aliens, here is the good part, just think these 5 players are in a APC and one of those huge ass ant lions, the ramming ones, is chasing after you and suddenly catches up with you and startes ramming the apc causing it to flip, now these 5 players would be stranded trying to hold off there positions and could radio for help....ahh the possibilities, cant wait

Back