Multiplayer

Varg|Hund

Reaction score
Well this was posted before in General Gaming, but I figured that it would be kinda nice reposting it seeing as Bloodlines has it's own forum now :)

www.vampirebloodlines.com said:
Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines multiplayer game pits players against each other in the ultimate team-based battle of Kindred versus Kine. Players choose which side to ally themselves with and which powers and weapons to take into battle. You will have various objectives that you need to accomplish while the other team tries to reach their own goals. All while you battle along the streets of L.A. Each multiplayer map blends intense combat action and stragety with maps that are linked together to create an unfolding storyline.

Team Types: Join as one of the seven different Camarilla clans or become a member of The Society of Leopold, the legendary hunters of the undead. As a vampire, you must utilize your innate Abilities and Disciplines to eliminate your foes. If you choose to be a member of The Society of Leopold, you'll be outfitted with an arsenal of deadly weaponry including stake guns, rifles and machine guns to hunt your prey. Along with this arsenal, you will have Numina - unique powers brought on by your faith - to help balance the scales.

Objective Scenarios: With a variety of team-based mission objectives, you will have a unique playing experience every time. As you complete your objectives, you'll gain experience points that can be used to increase your powers and abilities or purchase better weaponry and armor.

IMO this sounds very promising, an excellent compliment to the singleplayer.
Only problem I see with it is that it could possibly become some sort of snowball effect, with one team getting more and more powerful (buying better equipment), and the other team standing no chance of swaying the tide. But I'm sure Troika has thought of that and added some sort of balancer :)

Well, any other opinions on this?

Sounds fun :)

From one of the developer's interview on gamespot I heard that it's going to be round based, and you can use the time when you're dead to purchase new powers and skills. It's going to be a lot more fun than CS I'm sure of that hehe.

I read on a Vampire Bloodlines fansite forum that this info is outdated and the MP is already different. But I don't know if thats true.

Diablo2k said:
I read on a Vampire Bloodlines fansite forum that this info is outdated and the MP is already different. But I don't know if thats true.

So you mean it's not round based? :O

CB | Para said:
So you mean it's not round based? :O

This is what the guy says, dunno if its true

as far as i am concerned you should disregard what it says on the official site.. it's many many months old and since then they have completely shut down on comments about Multiplayer since they've begun to re-evaluate and i think remake that part of the game.

For sceptics of my claims, leave it up to common sense.. they talk about how multi is going to be in the beginning.. all of the sudden they choose not to comment ANYTHING on the multiplayer part of the game and has kept their lips sealed to present day. Not much room for speculation... as i've said before... we'll hafto sit and wait til they reveal MP..

It came from a topic where they worry that MP might have been scrapped cause there was no mention of it in an advertising of Vampire Bloodlines.

But I haven't been following this game so I don't know...

Might bring it out later as a free patch or an addon

Maybe they're doing it to not spoil the surprise to much?
*Varg crosses his fingers and hopes.

Varg|Hund said:
Maybe they're doing it to not spoil the surprise to much?
*Varg crosses his fingers and hopes.

I think I'll believe the official site over a random forum post for now. :)

definitely sounds fun :)
im glad they have an MP...i had a feeling this was strictly an SP game so now purchasing this game will be that much more valuable :)

Dr. Freeman said:
i had a feeling this was strictly an SP game so now purchasing this game will be that much more valuable :)
Don't forget the mods that are bound to be made :O

Neutrino said:
I think I'll believe the official site over a random forum post for now. :)

Exactly, besides who is this "guy"? is he part of the dev team?

Varg|Hund said:
Don't forget the mods that are bound to be made :O

Vampire mods :O
hmm...since HL2 and this game are on both the same engine, do u think it matters a whole lot which engine a mod team decides on?

i haven't kept up with news on whether Troika has heavily modded the engine... anyone know?

Dr. Freeman said:
Vampire mods :O
hmm...since HL2 and this game are on both the same engine, do u think it matters a whole lot which engine a mod team decides on?

i haven't kept up with news on whether Troika has heavily modded the engine... anyone know?

I just know they added a new lighting system, cloth physics, and of course the RPG system. I imagine there are probably other changes as well though.

Llyranor said:
http://www.gamebanshee.com/interviews/vampirebloodlines2.php

"GB: Can you describe how the multiplayer aspect of Bloodlines will work, and what types of play modes multiplayer will offer (deathmatch, co-op, etc)?

Leonard: We’re still not discussing multiplayer yet. "

Gabe PartII? :p :E
hmm..okay, seriously.. whats with these devs and their hush-hushness on MP.. not like gamers will never find out.. sheesh :rolleyes:

i just read there will be no multiplayer in Vampire B .
I hope its not true.
Link is in portuguese sorry click me

It's correct, no multiplay. Doesn't really bother me though.
Propably some guy's will build another WoD-mod and I'll be fine, if not, I'll still do SP. :)

Hey just found this on the new gamespy preview unfortunately there is no MP but they justify it pretty well,
"That was also the rationale for the team dropping multiplayer from the game. While the possibility of Vampire multiplayer had been bandied about as a possibility throughout the development process, the team's abortive multiplayer attempts just weren't working out. "We had initially explored putting together some sort of Storyteller system as well as a possible 'vampires vs. vampire hunters' multiplayer game," Boyarsky said. "In the end, though, it just wasn't any fun and it simply didn't feel true to the property. We figured Vampire fans and RPG gamers would rather we put our resources into making the single player RPG as good as it can be."
heres the link http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/vampire-the-masquerade-bloodlines/558109p1.html?fromint=1

Back