Mx-740 Smg

Stormy

Companion Cube
Reaction score
Havn't done to much modeling latly but i have just finished my MX - 740, at the moment it stands at 2300 tris but i havn't got around to optomizing it yet, so that should get down quite a fair bit. This is the first of a series of weapons i have been desiging and i might do some kind of small DM mod with it. Something quick and simple.

Attachments

• MX4.jpg
    MX4.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 372
  • MX5.jpg
    MX5.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 346
i can see an influence from the P90. looks pretty nice, cept id say the hole behind (for the thumb) should be smaller, if not the same size as the front one. and also, that whole area looks kinda thin and flimsey. it should be a bit more chunky... more like the P90

Is that an real existing weapon ?. If so its really an ugly weapon. But good model

LOL, it looks like a russian, utilitarian, pressed steel version of a p90.

looks a little too tall, i would say model it after a different gun, cuz it really just looks like you were trying to make a p90 and made it too big.

The fact that you are designing these weapons should be enough to dismiss all comments made about the fact that it resembles another gun. So what if it does? The fact is that you made it up, that should be good enough for anyone.

It looks like a good start to me. The only thing I can see is that the barrel is a bit blocky. A few more polys there would make it fit better. That and maybe make the whole gun a little wider to give it a beefier and more powerful look.

Looks like a great gun to me. The barrel is relatively short and the magazine is wide, so my guess is it would have submachine gun accuracy with rifle round damage, am I correct? That would be pretty cool.

Keep it up. Hope the next of the series show up soon. Good job.

-Archvilell

archvilell said:
The fact that you are designing these weapons should be enough to dismiss all comments made about the fact that it resembles another gun. So what if it does? The fact is that you made it up, that should be good enough for anyone.

It looks like a good start to me. The only thing I can see is that the barrel is a bit blocky. A few more polys there would make it fit better. That and maybe make the whole gun a little wider to give it a beefier and more powerful look.

Looks like a great gun to me. The barrel is relatively short and the magazine is wide, so my guess is it would have submachine gun accuracy with rifle round damage, am I correct? That would be pretty cool.

Keep it up. Hope the next of the series show up soon. Good job.

-Archvilell

The barrel is looking a little blocky as i havnt really got around to all the little finishing touchs like smooth groups, optomization. But over all its going to keep that same look. I think if i do make it any wider it will be a little to large to fit your hand around, and the trigger would be really hard to get to.

My plan for this weapon would be for it to be a weapon that you would spawn with, wouldnt be overly powerful and probly not to accrate. Would be an all purpos sub machine gun.

IT LOOKS LIKE A MELTING PEICE OF CRAP

no really it looks good, like a p90 only smaller and more mac10 size, more futuristic.

Stormy said:
Havn't done to much modeling latly but i have just finished my MX - 740, at the moment it stands at 2300 tris but i havn't got around to optomizing it yet, so that should get down quite a fair bit. This is the first of a series of weapons i have been desiging and i might do some kind of small DM mod with it. Something quick and simple.

What program you use?

simmo said:
Sexellent work so far Stormy ol' pal :D

what do you know about sex? :O

anyways, good work on a weird gun :D

Back