My 3dmark03 scores.

Sgt.Igneri

Tank
Reaction score
Your CPU OCing and turbo mode enabled will not effect the scores, if they do they will be extremely little or less. 3dmark03 is almost 100% based on your vid card. If your wondering performance of all components, 3dmark01, aquamark3, or individually running PCmark, and 3dmark would be better.

The whole test is based on almost JUST the GFX card. Forget about the CPU test, it means nothing. Like i said run a diff benchmark like 3dmark01 or aquamark3 for an all around bench.

3dmark03 varies EXTREMELY slightly with different cpu's

Use PCMark
It's by far the best for testing u'r speed.

There is also a nice free app called WCPUID to check your clock speed.
It's what i use when i experimenting with O/Cing to check speeds.

Originally posted by SIGbastard
With the cpu overclocked 5% the cpu temp never exceeded 41 degrees and the mobo never exceeded 33 degrees during the test, but when I overclocked 10% the cpu temp rose to 46 degrees and the mobo 36 degrees. Could this be the source of performance loss??? I really don't know what i'm doing so I haven't attempted to do a manual overclock to fine tune everything.

What part are you changineing? the FSB or the multiplier? That might have a slight bit to do with the performance, or manybe you jsuthad more extra apps running.

Originally posted by Hallucinogen
3dmark03 is 90% GPU dependant then memory/CPU.

3dmark03 is 90% GPU dependant then *10% memory/CPU.

To answer your question SIGbastard, IMO yes, that's a decent score for your system.

And in 3dmark2001 you should be up around 16,000 for a score.

lmao ur comparing that with my poor poor score...

my stuff is in my sig just incase it doesnt say my memeory is only 2100 :( and its not actually a 9800 pro.. it just for some reason says that... its actually a 9800nonpro... using cats 3.8

(oh yea ive havent formatted my pc its near enough jam packed)(150gig full of shit... out of 160 gig space...)

anyone got any suggestions how i can speed it up? my 2003 score is about 4500 or so... which is about right for hte money im thinking its my memory thats shit...

also another question...

my cpu only supports 333mhz fsb... would i be better off getting 2 512sticks of 2700 or 1 512stick of 3200 (im thinking the 2700 - as its in time iwht my fsb)

TheRook
proving that shitty memory can kill a nice gfx card...

SIG could you give me and email @ [email protected]

ill accept any info in improving my performance...

:D

Originally posted by TheRook
also another question...

my cpu only supports 333mhz fsb... would i be better off getting 2 512sticks of 2700 or 1 512stick of 3200 (im thinking the 2700 - as its in time iwht my fsb)

Yes, get RAM with clock speed that matches your CPU's FSB speed.

Always keep RAM clock speed and CPU FSB speed in sync.

Just buy some PC3200. You can run it in a ratio to be with 333mhz for now, but in the end the PC3200 will be a better choice, especially if OCing.

Back