Reaction score
http://www.accesswave.ca/~garrymullins/Sourcefun.rar

heh, I think it's kinda cool :)

Screenshots too:

de_dust0177.jpg

de_dust0246.jpg

de_dust0287.jpg

de_dust0390.jpg

that is such a get high song....love the vid.

Thanks to Gabe Newell for telling me how to create good CS:Source movies...

Quintin does most of the moviemaking. Copying him in case I missed a step below.

If you want to record a fixed framerate playback movie with a properly synced .wav track, we generally do this (from the console -- we don't currently have a UI for doing moviemaking)):

host_framerate 30 (forces fixed framerate for playback)
playdemo xxx (starts the demo playback)
startmovie css (starts dumping demo frames to file and writing the .wav)

You do have to have a .dem file, obviously. Not sure whether there are any existing issues with .dem files in the CS:S beta, but if so, please let us know. They should work (or they did last time I checked).

Additionally, there is a demo playback UI available by pressing Shift-F1 when in the game, it's currently used internally only at this point so no promises that it doesn't have any bugs.

Yahn

Is there any way you can make it less grainy (when recording)? lol, it's all pixelated

Shuzer said:
Is there any way you can make it less grainy (when recording)? lol, it's all pixelated

Yes, but I wanted to make it really small because my ISP FTP is only 20 mb, and I wanted the 300 kb/s+ download speeds, and besides, it's not that bad.

Oh, and just so you guys know, the first grenade jumping isn't low grav, that's regular gravity.

real nice vid, what song is that >< i shoul dknow it but i cant think o fit

Haha, that was good. :) I was surprised with the resolution and quality actually... really good for just 16 megabytes. Sound and all!

its downloading now.... In the meantime, I have to say that those are the most beautiful screenshots of the game i have seen thus far!

The second one should be qualified for America's Funniest Home Videos while the third looks like a persecuted CT Jesus.

hegele said:
persecuted CT Jesus.

1. To oppress or harass with ill-treatment, especially because of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or beliefs.
2. To annoy persistently; bother.

???

Or did you mean crucified?

gh0st said:
real nice vid, what song is that >< i shoul dknow it but i cant think o fit
it's weezer - island in the sun... :cheese: :cheese:

segobi said:
it's weezer - island in the sun... :cheese: :cheese:

all the good songs come from the worst bands. thanks.

download winrar to open the file then play it in media player or something similar.

I like that song. That was great, but that thing isn't on the map is it? What did you use to record that? It doesn't look like FRAPS. Did you do startmovie? That's too slow for me...I mighta done it wrong, so spill the beans bro! :afro:

Well, what I did was record what a demo.

I then e-mailed Gabe asking him how you make the movie play at the right framerate, Yahn Bernier told me the command was host_framerate 30..so I typed that in, then type startmovie sourcefun

It will create a million tga files in your cstrike folder, so I copy them into Video Mach, and, unfortunatly the sound file was corrupt, so I had to use music instead, which was ok.

Oh, and first I converted the tga files to jpgs with Paint Shop Pro 8, or Photoshop.

Then I converted all the clips into Divx, then took them all into one, converted again, and added music.

Pretty simple.

I didn't explain it that well, so if you have any questions again ask.

By the way, it does take a lot longer to use startmovie, I just prefere it over Fraps. Plus it's possible to make higher quality videos, I just didn't because I didn't have to.

i have 3 funny videos ..how do i put them together and add music ?? What program do I use?

Back