My dream for the pre-release

L

Lawnboy

My dream is that the pre-release is full of bugs and trojans. I mean, those guys code custom trojans to use PCs as bots. Isn't it possible they would use this as an opportunity to get a whole bunch of bots?

Originally posted by Lawnboy
My dream is that the pre-release is full of bugs and trojans.
Why are you "dreaming" for bad things to happen to those who download it? I doubt it's because "you feel it's wrong to download it" it's more likely you're on a 56k without a chance of downloading it yourself, so you "dream" of high speed internet users getting viri and such... yet, if you had high speed internet... you'd be thinking quite the opposite... And don't even think about replying "NUH UH!! THATS NOT TRUE" It's so blatently obvious.

It would be nice. Hell it would be nice if they all got AIDS, but it won't happen. They'll get the game and will feel no remorse...like the sad little losers they are. Low-life thieves...scum of the earth.

Originally posted by Garp
It would be nice. Hell it would be nice if they all got AIDS, but it won't happen. They'll get the game and will feel no remorse...like the sad little losers they are. Low-life thieves...scum of the earth.

Well I, sir, take offense to that. I'm currently downloading off a Torrent at a mere 4 kb...and according to the time counter it'll take me around three days to finish it. I already paid my copy of the game in full at EB...this is to tide me over.

You guys are being retarded. Just about everyone who downloads it will still buy a copy when it comes out.

Get aids for downloading a leak? Give me a break.

Doesn't matter if you're paying for it, you're contributing to the problem. For ever one who downloads and pays later, countless others won't pay. There's no use arguing about this again though. We all have our point of view about what's right and wrong.

Why are you "dreaming" for bad things to happen to those who download it? I doubt it's because "you feel it's wrong to download it" it's more likely you're on a 56k without a chance of downloading it yourself, so you "dream" of high speed internet users getting viri and such... yet, if you had high speed internet... you'd be thinking quite the opposite... And don't even think about replying "NUH UH!! THATS NOT TRUE" It's so blatently obvious.

ROFL

You're talking as if everyone who can should download this! I'm aware that most gamers will download this but I won't. I've got cable, believe it or not.

yeahright.jpg

3306 Kb/s on 56k, I think not.

Originally posted by Garp
you're contributing to the problem

...a problem that wouldn't exist if Valve had better security. You don't walk around a bad area of town with dollar bills hanging out of your pockets and get sympathy from people if you get robbed. Does it suck that it got released? Yeah. But it did. There is nothing that can be done to prevent the spread of it now.

Originally posted by Viper118
...a problem that wouldn't exist if Valve had better security. You don't walk around a bad area of town with dollar bills hanging out of your pockets and get sympathy from people if you get robbed. Does it suck that it got released? Yeah. But it did. There is nothing that can be done to prevent the spread of it now.

You can't prevent it, but when you download it you're helping it spread. You'll just make things worse and you're going to spoil the game for yourself. And to continue your analogy, if you see that person being robbed, you might not feel sympathy, but do you join in the stealing?

Firstly, it's just the stuff we've seen in the E3 vids. What is there to spoil? And I'm sure I'll forget it by the time the game comes out in APRIL.

And regarding the analogy, downloading it is not like committing the stealing. It's like picking up money you find on the ground. You didn't put it there. But picking it up will benefit you at no one's expense.

No, it's more like seeing the guy get robbed, and as the robber runs away he drops the guy's credit card, his driver's license, and a blueprint of a hydrogen fuel cell, which the guy plans to get patented. You pick up the stuff and take it.

Yeah, Fuhrer, b/c we're going to take the leak and copyright it quick before VAVLe gets the chance! Quickly, boys, let's at it! Also, you're a moron. This analogy has gotten too complex to be useful. The game leaked, we're all going to buy a copy eventually - if some of us play before that time, meh. If you download a copy, it doesn't mean you f**king spread it around - you have to host it to do that. The people hosting the files spread them, dork.

Back